Subject: [media-types] Registering our company in the Vendor tree for use in Accepts Header

From: Sujoy Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 14:56:02 -0700

Hello,

Pursuant to http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4288, I am interested in
registering "appdirect" in the Vendor tree. This is so that we can use
headers such as Content-Type: application/vnd.appdirect.acme.v2+json
without conflict with existing vendors.

Looking forward to questions or comments.

Thanks,
Sujoy Gupta
Principal Engineer, AppDirect Inc.

---

From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:39:41 +0900

> without conflict with existing vendors.

As far as I understand, there are no registrations for vendors, just for 
specific types.

Regards,   Martin.

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 08:28:25 -0400

On 3/25/14, 10:39 PM, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
> As far as I understand, there are no registrations for vendors, just 
> for specific types.

To put it another way, Sujoy, when you have a specific media type to 
register, such as application/vnd.appdirect.acme.v2+json, THAT is when 
you follow the process from section 3.2 in RFC 4288.

     Tony Hansen