Subject: [media-types] Media type review of draft-ietf-core-http-mapping

From: Jaime Jiménez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 10:46:31 +0000

Hi,

I would like to get a review of the media type template on section 9.2 of draft-ietf-core-http-mapping

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-http-mapping-12#section-9.2

----------- 8< -----------

9.2.  New 'coap-payload' Internet Media Type

   This document defines the "application/coap-payload" media type with
   a single parameter "cf".  This media type represents any payload that
   a CoAP message can carry, having a content format that can be
   identified by a CoAP Content-Format parameter (an integer in range
   0-65535).  The parameter "cf" is the integer defining the CoAP
   content format.

   Type name: application

   Subtype name: coap-payload

   Required parameters:

   cf - CoAP Content-Format integer in range 0-65535 denoting the
   content format of the CoAP payload carried.

   Optional parameters: None

   Encoding considerations:

   The specific CoAP content format encoding considerations for the
   selected Content-Format (cf parameter) apply.

   Security considerations:

   The specific CoAP content format security considerations for the
   selected Content-Format (cf parameter) apply.

   Interoperability considerations:

   Published specification: (this I-D - TBD)

   Applications that use this media type:

   HTTP-to-CoAP Proxies.

   Fragment identifier considerations: N/A

   Additional information:

      Deprecated alias names for this type: N/A

      Magic number(s): N/A

      File extension(s): N/A

      Macintosh file type code(s): N/A

   Person and email address to contact for further information:

      Esko Dijk ("[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>")

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Restrictions on usage:

   An application (or user) can only use this media type if it has to
   represent a CoAP payload of which the specified CoAP Content-Format
   is an unrecognized number; such that a proper translation directly to
   the equivalent HTTP media type is not possible.

   Author: CoRE WG

   Change controller: IETF

   Provisional registration? (standards tree only): N/A

- - Jaime Jimenez