Subject: [media-types] Registration of video/smpte291 media type

From: "Ali C. Begen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 21:59:48 +0100

Hi there,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-vc2hq-01 completed
WGLC in the Payload WG.
The document registers video/vc2.

The new registration is in Section 6.1 of the document and is also given
below.

Comments on the registration are welcome.

Thanks.

Ali Begen
Payload WG co-chair

6.1 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-vc2hq-01#section-6.1>.
Media Type Definition

   Type name:

      video

   Subtype name:

      vc2

   Required parameters:

      rate: The RTP timestamp clock rate.  Applications using this
      payload format SHOULD use a value of 90000.

      profile: The VC-2 profile in use, the only currently allowed value
      is "HQ".

   Optional parameters: N/A

   Encoding considerations:

      This media type is framed and binary, see section 4.8 in RFC6838
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc6838#section-4.8>
      [RFC6838 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc6838>].

   Security considerations:

      Please see security consideration in RFCXXXX

   Interoperability considerations: N/A

   Published specification:

      "VC-2 Video Compression", SMPTE Standard ST 2042-1 [VC2
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-vc2hq-01#ref-VC2>]

   Applications that use this media type:

      Video Communication.

   Additional information: N/A

   Person & email address to contact for further information:

      [email-masked]

   Intended usage:

      COMMON

   Restrictions on usage:

      This media type depends on RTP framing, and hence is only defined
      for transfer via RTP [RFC3550
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc3550>].  Transport within
other framing
      protocols is not defined at this time.

   Author:

   Change controller:

      IETF Payload working group delegated from the IESG.

   Provisional registration? (standards tree only):

      No