Subject: [mediactrl] Media mixer control meeting notes

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 02:54:17 GMT

People:

Roni, Cullen, Chris, Tim, Mary, Orit, Keith, Eric, Alan

Good name is YACK - Yet Another Conference Control

Can't avoid the why not H.248 issues

Lot of discussion on if we need to do Play/Recorded IVR stuff.

Practically we will have more than one IVR - when to do what

Issues of negotiation of capabilities. Need for an application to be able to
find out what things a MS supports?

Separate bit of work.

Model include that they're player and recorders. Not trying to invent new
protocols to control players and recorders.

Definitely ability to have player recorder together or separate.

Can a single conference have more than one controller? Perhaps BFCP would
want that. 

Need to talk about to 3GPP folks about if this works for their MRFP stuff
and perhaps suggest that they request it.

Just address SIP - and if your want something else then can probably deal
with it. Need to be careful to make sure we don't make it impossible to use
others. 

Will end up with 
Requirements
Scenarios
Framework
Protocol for mixer control
Example call flows of session set up, ivr, and mixer control

Want to get more people involved - David

248 requires that an MS can only be used by one AS.

There are existing protocols like SLP for discovering the characteristics of
something like a media resource

--------------------------
Ubiquity Software does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in this mail list and it specifically disclaims any liability with regard to these communications.
Ubiquity Software reserves the right the restrict access to any communications in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use for this website or as otherwise deemed improper.