Subject: RE: [mediactrl] Going forward with media server control - resend

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:53:51 GMT

Roni,

	This is starting to look good.  Specific comments will follow in
a separate mail but it seems to capture most of the mailing list
discussion so far.

Roni: Are we going to have a BOF in Minneapolis or an informal meeting?

I don't think we had a conclusion in Boston apart from agreement that:-

- We needed to speak to our 3GPP liaison officer to try and get
sponsorship for this work.

- We needed to speak to Alison regarding best direction for the work
(i.e. individual effort [to be attached to XCON at a later date] vs. New
WG).

- We need to provide more justification of our decision not to use
H.248.
	- This leads to another question - 'Where should this work be
documented?

I seem to recall that a rough consensus was that it may be a bit too
early for a BOF in March, especially if we do not have the previous
points adequately covered.  My preference would for us to again have an
informal meeting (admittedly this might be harder to administer with the
extra participants that a full IETF meeting provide).

I am more than happy to speak to the relevant parties on the groups
behalf if this has not already happened - Could the guys in the know
provide some feedback if they would like me to do this (Alan, Cullen,
Adam).  Then I think we can move forward and by Paris have reasonable
foundations for a BOF etc. 

Any thoughts welcomed on this as I feel we need to keep the wheels
moving.

Best Regards,

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Even, Roni [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 31 January 2005 08:37
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [mediactrl] Going forward with media server control - resend

Hi guys,
I submitted the attached draft.
Are we going to have a BOF in Minneapolis or an informal meeting
Roni

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.  If you are not the addressee, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

--------------------------
Ubiquity Software does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in this mail list and it specifically disclaims any liability with regard to these communications.
Ubiquity Software reserves the right the restrict access to any communications in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use for this website or as otherwise deemed improper.

---

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:27:14 GMT

Hi,
I think Collin spoke with Allison and I am trying to find out from him
what is the plan for Minneapolis
Roni

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Boulton [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 3:21 PM
To: Even, Roni; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [mediactrl] Going forward with media server control -
resend

Roni,

Best Regards,

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Even, Roni [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 31 January 2005 08:37
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [mediactrl] Going forward with media server control - resend

Hi guys,

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright
protected.  If you are not the addressee, any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this
communication shall be legally binding.