Subject: [mediactrl] MSCP Internet-Draft

From: "McGlashan, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:57:42 +0100 (BST)

Before the Paris meeting, I'd like to share with you a draft on Media
Server Control Protocol (MSCP) which a number of us have been working on
from the VoiceXML/CCXML perspective. It will be available as an
internet-Draft real soon, but in the meantime it is available at 

https://extranet.voxpilot.com/i-d/mscp/

MSCP's XML messages are modelled on CCXML for IVR (VoiceXML) and
conferencing functionality. It promotes the dedicated control channel
approach via TCP, although it also allows transport of protocol messages
over SIP.      

Our hope is that it, together with other contributions on this list,
will stimulate progress on an IETF open standard for dialog and
conferencing control. We are definitely open to the approach where there
is a 'shell' protocol in which different XML packages address specific
requirements like dialog, conferencing, transcoding, etc.    

Comments welcome.

Thanks

Scott

_________

Scott McGlashan

Service Interaction, OCBU, HP
36 Gustav III:s Boulevard
SE-169 85 Stockholm, Sweden

+46 8 524 95683

--------------------------
Ubiquity Software does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in this mail list and it specifically disclaims any liability with regard to these communications.
Ubiquity Software reserves the right the restrict access to any communications in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use for this website or as otherwise deemed improper.

---

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:22:02 +0100 (BST)

I really need to give this a good look.  This is why we need these
things out two weeks before the start of the meeting...

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
McGlashan, Scott
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 2:02 PM
To: MixerControl
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [mediactrl] MSCP Internet-Draft 

Comments welcome.

Thanks

Scott

_________

Scott McGlashan

+46 8 524 95683

--------------------------
Ubiquity Software does not control or endorse the content, messages or
information found in this mail list and it specifically disclaims any
liability with regard to these communications.
Ubiquity Software reserves the right the restrict access to any
communications in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use for this
website or as otherwise deemed improper.