Subject: [mediactrl] MSCML: document format issues

From: "David Cromwell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 23:55:34 +0100

The latest MSCML draft (draft-vandyke-mscml-07.txt) is very much
improved over previous versions in completeness, organization, examples,
etc.  I would like to suggest a couple of further improvements:
 
1.  Schema Type Definitions -- it's a lot easier to find something in
the type definitions if they are entered in alphabetic order, e.g.:  
	activetalkersNotificationType 
	activetalkersSubscriptionType 
	autogainType 
	base_requestType 
	base_responseType 
	conferenceNotificationType 
	conference_eventsubscriptionType 
	configure_conferenceRequestType
	etc. 

2.  Schema instance representation - a schema instance representation
would be useful.  The online xs3p Schema Documentation Generator
(http://titanium.dstc.edu.au/xml/xs3p/online.shtml) can be used to
generate a XML Instance Representation (see below).  Xs3p is available
under a slightly modified Mozilla Public License.  I can provide further
details.

3. Comprehensive tables -- an attribute table for an element should
include all attributes for that element, not just some of them.  Some of
these tables currently have missing attributes.

4.  Response reasons -- as previously noted, a single, comprehensive
table of response reasons and status codes would be a big help to
developers.

5.  Status codes - also, a single, comprehensive table of status codes
would be extremely helpful.

XML Instance Representation for MSCML

<MediaServerControl
version="anySimpleType [1]">
   Start Choice [1]
      <request> [1] 
         Start Choice [1]
            <configure_conference> configure_conferenceRequestType
</configure_conference> [1]
            <configure_leg> configure_legRequestType </configure_leg>
[1]
            <play> playRequestType </play> [1]
            <playcollect> playcollectRequestType </playcollect> [1]
            <playrecord> playrecordRequestType </playrecord> [1]
            <managecontent> managecontentRequestType </managecontent>
[1]
            <faxplay> faxRequestType </faxplay> [1]
            <faxrecord> faxRequestType </faxrecord> [1]
            <stop> stopRequestType </stop> [1]
         End Choice
      </request>
      <response> responseType </response> [1]
      <notification> [1] 
          Start Choice [1]
            <conference> conferenceNotificationType </conference> [1]
            <keypress> keypressNotificationType </keypress> [1]
            <signal> signalNotificationType </signal> [1]
          End Choice
       </notification>
   End Choice
</MediaServerControl>

-- 
[email-masked] 
AudioCodes, Inc.
633 Davis Drive, Suite 300 
Durham, NC 27713 

--------------------------
Ubiquity Software does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in this mail list and it specifically disclaims any liability with regard to these communications.
Ubiquity Software reserves the right the restrict access to any communications in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use for this website or as otherwise deemed improper.