Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Why SYNCH vs SYNC?

From: Dan York <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 07:47:24 -0400

In reviewing http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip- 
control-framework-01 I have a number of points that I'll raise  
tomorrow and on the list, but one basic one occurred to me that I  
thought I'd raise now.  Is there any particular reason why the method  
is "SYNCH" versus "SYNC"?

I ask mostly because this is the first place I personally can ever  
recall seeing "SYNCH" used.  In every other place that I can think of  
where I've seen an abbreviation for "synchronize" it has inevitably  
been "sync".

I'm just curious if there is any particular rationale for choosing this.

Regards,
Dan
-- 
Dan York, CISSP, Director of Emerging Communication Technology
Office of the CTO    Voxeo Corporation     [email-masked]
Phone: +1-407-455-5859  Skype: danyork  http://www.voxeo.com
Blogs: http://blogs.voxeo.com  http://www.disruptivetelephony.com

Bring your web applications to the phone.
Find out how at http://evolution.voxeo.com

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

---

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:55:49 -0000

Nope - consider it changed if no one else objects.

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Dan York
Sent: 12 March 2008 11:47
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Why SYNCH vs SYNC?

In reviewing
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-01
I have a number of points that I'll raise tomorrow and on the list, but
one basic one occurred to me that I thought I'd raise now.  Is there any
particular reason why the method is "SYNCH" versus "SYNC"?

I ask mostly because this is the first place I personally can ever
recall seeing "SYNCH" used.  In every other place that I can think of
where I've seen an abbreviation for "synchronize" it has inevitably been
"sync".

Regards,

Dan

--