Subject: [MEDIACTRL] FW: RFC 4117: Sip signaling for Transcoding service invocation

From: "Rai, Shambhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:55:20 +0530

Hi Guys,

I am new to this list. So, please excuse me if I am raising already
discussed questions. 

1. I am looking at the signaling model options for Transcoding service
invocation on media server. Is there a package defined in the
"mediactrl" framework for invoking the transcoding service on media
server or one has to support conference packages to support the
transcoding? 

2. RFC 4117 proposes framework/call flows to invoke the transcoding
service on Media server from a 3PCC AS. What is the MediaCtrl group's
position on the same?
 
Regards,
Shambhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Rai, Shambhu 
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:23 AM
To: [email-masked];
[email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
Subject: RFC 4117: Sip signaling for Transcoding service invocation 

HI All, 

Is anyone aware of any Media server / MRF / Transcoder using 3PCC
control mechanism described in RFC 4117 for invoking a transcoding
service?

I am evaluating the Signaling model to invoke transcoding service on
MRF. I can think of following options.

1. RFC 4117 based 3PCC transcoding service invocation:
        In this case AS setup only one Dialog (with SDP of A and
B)towards MRF requesting the transcoding service. 

2. 3PCC AS Use an identifier like a conference identifier to move both
parties in the same context.
    I am wondering, If setting up transcoding as two party conference
will be a good idea?  As there will be need to distinguish transcoder
service from the conferencing service. Like A party doing hold unhold
etc, These scenarios needs to be handled differently for transcoding
from conference.

It will be good to know industry accepted mechanism for the same. Any
inputs are welcome.

Regards,
Shambhu

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl