Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Document Action: 'Media Server Control Protocol Requirements' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:52:35 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Media Server Control Protocol Requirements '
   <draft-ietf-mediactrl-requirements-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Media Server Control Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mediactrl-requirements-04.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies requirements for a media server control protocol
(MCP) that enables an application server to use a media server. It
addresses the aspects of announcements, interactive voice response (IVR),
and conferencing media services.

Working Group Summary

The mediactrl WG supports the advancement of this specification. The
working group combined two fairly mature drafts, and there was very little
controversy about the resulting draft, either on the mailing list or in
MEDIACTRL IETF meetings.

Document Quality

Gen-ART review was provided by Scott Brim.

Personnel

Jon Peterson reviewed this draft for the IESG. The document shepherd is
Spencer Dawkins.

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

---

From: Rahul <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:26:27 +0530

Hi All,
       Sometimes back I faced the problem that when my AS dies and it
restarts how it tells MS to clear the old conferences. 
Can AS query MS for all the conferences active on the session? Which
requirement covers it? I feel below covers it but I am not sure:

3.4.  Operational Requirements
REQ-MCP-31 -  The MS control protocol must allow the AS to audit the
      MS state, during an active session.

REQ-MCP-32 -  The MS shall be able to inform the AS about its status
      during an active session.

Regards,
Rahul

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 2:23 AM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: mediactrl mailing list; Internet Architecture Board; mediactrl chair;
RFC Editor
Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Document Action: 'Media Server Control Protocol
Requirements' to Informational RFC

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

Personnel

---

From: Rahul <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:28:45 +0530

Sorry for a typo:
Question is " Can AS query MS for all the conferences active on the MS"?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Rahul
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 10:26 AM
To: 'mediactrl mailing list'
Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] Document Action: 'Media Server Control Protocol
Requirements' to Informational RFC

Hi All,

Regards,
Rahul

-----Original Message-----

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

Personnel

---

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:12:40 -0000

Rahul,

It seems these do the job.  You should also take a closer look at the
Control Framework presentation on Wednesday which has an open item
relating to nailing down the audit mechanism.

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 11 March 2008 04:56

Hi All,

Regards,
Rahul

-----Original Message-----
Cc: mediactrl mailing list; Internet Architecture Board; mediactrl
chair;

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mediactrl-requirements-04
.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies requirements for a media server control protocol
(MCP) that enables an application server to use a media server. It
addresses the aspects of announcements, interactive voice response
(IVR),
and conferencing media services.

Working Group Summary

The mediactrl WG supports the advancement of this specification. The
working group combined two fairly mature drafts, and there was very
little
controversy about the resulting draft, either on the mailing list or in
MEDIACTRL IETF meetings.

Document Quality

Personnel

---

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:14:17 -0000

Sorry for a typo:

[Chris Boulton] So - once we nail down the audit template in the next
version of the Framework - this will be part of the 'mixer' usage of the
audit template.  How many 'running' mixes will surely be one of the
first to make it into that package.

Chris.

-----Original Message-----

Hi All,

Regards,
Rahul

-----Original Message-----

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

Personnel