Subject: [MEDIACTRL] IETF 71 Meeting Minutes Posted

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:38:19 -0500

The hyperlinked minutes are at 
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08mar/minutes/mediactrl.html.

Please send corrections by March 28.

Thanks! and thanks for a terrific working session in Philly.

Just imagine, if we were ahead of schedule in Dublin...

Spencer 

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

---

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:39:03 +0200

Spencer,
My comment about normative text for flows was not about the full call
flow but about the order of messages. Specifically if the AS first sends
an INVITE to the MS and only after the response from the MS, the AS will
send the JOIN or STARTDIALOG request. This is the current text. The
other option is for the AS to first send JOIN or STARTDIALOG and then
the INVITE. This was discussed in the list and there was a consensus (I
finally did not object but had concerns) for the first option making the
other illegal (I think it was option b).  
I also said that audit requirements as well as some text explaining what
should be the MS response for the initial invite (since it does not know
what is the purpose of the invite), have to be specified with this call
flow.
Roni

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On
> Behalf Of Spencer Dawkins
> Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:38 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [MEDIACTRL] IETF 71 Meeting Minutes Posted
>

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 08:45:16 -0500

Hi, Roni,

Thanks for the correction. My working copy of the minutes now reads

"Roni also raised an issue that we're working with the call flow documents, 
which are very helpful, but aren't normative, and we need to give more 
normative guidance about the order of messages. The specific issue Roni 
raised on the mailing list was whether the AS would wait for the MS to 
respond to its INVITE before sending a JOIN or STARTDIALOG request. This is 
the current text. The other option is for the AS to first send JOIN or 
STARTDIALOG and then the INVITE. This was discussed on the list and there 
was a consensus for the current text, and for making the second option 
illegal, but Roni still had concerns.

Roni also said that audit requirements as well as some text explaining what 
the MS sends in its response to the initial INVITE (since MS does not know 
the purpose of the INVITE), should be specified with this call flow."

Please let me know if I captured your correction correctly ;-)

Any corrections from others? Please send by March 28th - I'll post updated 
minutes after that.

Spencer, as WG co-chair

---

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:57:42 +0200

Spencer,
Thanks
Roni

On
> Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 3:45 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] IETF 71 Meeting Minutes Posted
> 
> Hi, Roni,
> 
> respond to its INVITE before sending a JOIN or STARTDIALOG request.
This
> is