Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] Basic IVR qusetions.

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 19:09:29 -0500

This is beginning to sound like we are getting far away from a stateless
media server into an application platform.

Does this bother anyone else?

On 2/26/08 7:23 AM, "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  
> Scott,
> In conferencing you have recurrences. The conference ID can remain for ever.
> This serves like a template.
> Roni
>  
> [Chris Boulton] Yes  and from an AS point of view it is modeled that way.
> From an MS point of view it would either a) result in the mapping of the
> long-lived ID to the next occurrence of recurring instance OR b) the
> conference package allows for one to be specified on creation.
>  
> Chris.
>  
>  
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MEDIACTRL mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
> Supplemental Web Site:
> http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

---

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 09:28:41 -0000

[Chris Boulton] Mr B - I am not sure what you mean.  Below I said that
the 'AS' (as in the app modeling the conference bridge app code) models
it that way.  The AS then maps to its stateless MS anyway which allows
it to create the appropriate resources at that moment in time.  I don't
think I was suggesting exactly what you are implying.

Chris.

Scott,
In conferencing you have recurrences. The conference ID can remain for
ever. 
This serves like a template.
Roni
 
[Chris Boulton] Yes - and from an AS point of view it is modeled that
way.  From an MS point of view it would either a) result in the mapping
of the long-lived ID to the next occurrence of recurring instance OR b)
the conference package allows for one to be specified on creation.
 
Chris.

  _____  

Notice: This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information of BEA Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated
entities, that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or
legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this
by email and then delete it.
_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl