Subject: [MEDIACTRL] MRB-PUB-1

From: Chris Boulton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:40:53 +0100

MediaCtrl-ID: MRB-PUB-1

Interface Name: Publishing

Property Name: Active RTP Sessions

Description:

Provides a representation of RTP sessions between an endpoint and a 
logical media server instance. The details are conveyed in a list 
showing the active codec type (for example G711, H.264) and the 
associated number of active streaming sessions. The figure provided is 
split into two parts. The first part represents the number of incoming 
Active RTP Sessions (decoding) while the second part represents the 
outgoing Active RTP sessions (encoding). The figures provide a snap shot 
of current usage and should only be used as guidance when making 
resource decisions.

Type: A list of codecs (String) and associated number of active 
instances of that codec (positive integer).

Example:

G711 – 10/20

H.264 – 6/10

Please provide comments on this interface property and let us know if it 
triggers any thoughts on additional information that could be included 
in the interface. This information will be used as the basis for text in 
the next version of the draft.