Subject: [MEDIACTRL] MRB-PUB-6

From: Chris Boulton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 14:40:06 +0100

MediaCtrl-ID: MRB-PUB-6

Interface Name: Publishing

Property Name: Application Data

Description:

MRB-PUB-06 – Application Data - In addition to the generic media 
processing related information, there are definitely cases where the AS 
will want to specify application-level criteria, which will be 
application-specific, and difficult to enumerate in advance. So I'm 
thinking we need a way to express arbitrary application specific 
criteria in addition to the generic media processing criteria. For 
example, the AS may need an MS which is capable of prompting and 
performing speech recognition in Swahili. Or, an MS which has the 
capability to invoke some application-specific functionality.

****Needs more mailing list discussion before we propose text.****

Please provide comments on this interface property and let us know if it 
triggers any thoughts on additional information that could be included 
in the interface. This information will be used as the basis for text in 
the next version of the draft.

---

From: "MUNSON, GARY A, ATTLABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:20:20 -0400

If such info were to be passed on the Publish interface, one would have
to teach a MS what such info consists of in order to provide it to MRB,
and you may have to do that for multiple different types of
applications. Feels like a challenge. 

Personally, I would be inclined to assume that MRB is provided such info
over an operations interface. (Although there is some greater
flexibility in passing such info over Publish, because it could then
potentially be resource consumption-dependent information.)

cheers,

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Chris Boulton
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 9:40 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MEDIACTRL] MRB-PUB-6

MediaCtrl-ID: MRB-PUB-6

Description:

MRB-PUB-06 - Application Data - In addition to the generic media 

the next version of the draft.
_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl