Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Protocol Action: 'An Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Control Package for the Media Control Channel Framework' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mediactrl-ivr-control-package-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 09:04:09 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'An Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Control Package for the Media
   Control Channel Framework'
  (draft-ietf-mediactrl-ivr-control-package-11.txt) as a Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Media Server Control Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mediactrl-ivr-control-package/

Technical Summary
  
  This document defines a Media Control Channel Framework Package for
  Interactive Voice Response (IVR) dialog interaction on media
  connections and conferences. The package defines dialog management
  request elements for preparing, starting and terminating dialog
  interactions, as well as associated responses and notifications.
  Dialog interactions are specified in a dialog language. This package
  defines a lightweight IVR dialog language (supporting prompt
  playback, runtime controls, DTMF collect and media recording) and
  allows other dialog languages to be used. The package also defines
  elements for auditing package capabilities and IVR dialogs.

Working Group Summary

  There was significant working group participation in the creation of
  this document and it represents a strong consensus.

Document Quality

  There are at least four independent implementations of the control
  package described by this document.

  This document has been stable for several versions, with small changes

  in each revision, discussed on the mailing list. Most of the recent 
  changes have been suggested based on implementer experience.

  Type review for the media types defined in this document was 
  requested June 18, 2009.

  The document has had RAI expert review (by Ben Campbell) and early
  SECDIR review (by Donald Eastlake).

Personnel

  Spencer Dawkins is the Document Shepherd.
  Robert Sparks is the responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

In Section 4, 7th paragraph:

OLD:
   Some elements in this control package contain attributes whose value
   is descriptive text primarily for diagnostic use.  The implementation
   can indicated the language used in the descriptive text by means of a
   'desclang' attribute ([RFC2277]).

NEW:
   Some elements in this control package contain attributes whose value
   is descriptive text primarily for diagnostic use.  The implementation
   can indicated the language used in the descriptive text by means of a
   'desclang' attribute ([RFC5646],[RFC2277]).