Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5552 (1994)

From: "Mark Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 07:02:40 -0800

Hi Everyone,

I'm resending this mail of more than a year ago, as Robert Sparks was
kind enough to point out in a review that it seemed likely that the list
members had actually not received it!

Regards,

Mark.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Scott 
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 12:43 PM
To: RFC Errata System; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: Henry Lum; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5552 (1994)

I agree that the correction is valid, although I would make a slight
grammatical change to the correct text, as follows:

Corrected Text
--------------
session.connection.redirect:  This array is populated by information
      contained in the History-Info [RFC4244] header in the initial
      INVITE or is otherwise undefined.  Each entry (hi-entry) in the
      History-Info header is mapped, in order, into an element of the 
	session.connection.redirect array.

Regards,

Mark.

-----Original Message-----
From: RFC Errata System [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: January-04-10 12:17 PM
To: [email-masked]; Mark Scott; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: Henry Lum; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5552 (1994)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5552,
"SIP Interface to VoiceXML Media Services".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5552&eid=1994

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Henry Lum <[email-masked]>

Section: 2.4

Original Text
-------------
session.connection.redirect:  This array is populated by information
      contained in the History-Info [RFC4244] header in the initial
      INVITE or is otherwise undefined.  Each entry (hi-entry) in the
      History-Info header is mapped, in reverse order, into an element
      of the session.connection.redirect array.

Corrected Text
--------------
session.connection.redirect:  This array is populated by information
      contained in the History-Info [RFC4244] header in the initial
      INVITE or is otherwise undefined.  Each entry (hi-entry) in the
      History-Info header is mapped, in order appeared in the
History-Info header, into an element of the session.connection.redirect
array.

Notes
-----
The elements in the History info header is designed as a tree-like
structure from the origination to the destination where each forwarding
proxy appends to the end of the header and add an index. The original
RFC text requires that the elements to be shown in VXML
session.connection.redirect array in reverse order and this is incorrect
based on the definition of session.connection.redirect. The first
element in the array should be the original called number which maps to
index=1 in history-info, and the last element should be the last
redirected number which is the last element in history-info.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5552 (draft-ietf-mediactrl-vxml-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : SIP Interface to VoiceXML Media Services
Publication Date    : May 2009
Author(s)           : D. Burke, M. Scott
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Media Server Control
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is authorized. Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the original transmission and its attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities.