Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Protocol Action: 'A Mixer Control Package for the Media Control Channel Framework' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mediactrl-mixer-control-package-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:53:05 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Mixer Control Package for the Media Control Channel Framework'
  (draft-ietf-mediactrl-mixer-control-package-14.txt) as a Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Media Server Control Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mediactrl-mixer-control-package/

Technical Summary

  This document defines a Media Control Channel Framework Package for
  managing mixers for media conferences and connections.  The package
  defines request elements for managing conference mixers, managing
  mixers between conferences and/or connections, as well as associated
  responses and notifications.  The package also defines elements for
  auditing package capabilities and mixers.

Working Group Summary

   There was significant working group participation in the creation 
   of this document and it has strong consensus 

Document Quality

  There are at least four independent implementations of the control 
  package described by this document.

  This document has been stable for several versions, with small 
  changes in each revision, discussed on the mailing list. Most of 
  the recent changes have been suggested based on implementer experience.

  Shawn Emery performed an early sec-dir review at the request of 
  the chairs.

  Type review for the media type defined in this document was requested
  June 18, 2009.

Personnel

  Spencer Dawkins is the document shepherd.
  Robert Sparks is the responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

In Section 4, 6th paragraph:

OLD:
   Some elements in this control package contain attributes whose value
   is descriptive text primarily for diagnostic use.  The implementation
   can indicated the language used in the descriptive text by means of a
   'desclang' attribute ([RFC2277]).

NEW:
   Some elements in this control package contain attributes whose value
   is descriptive text primarily for diagnostic use.  The implementation
   can indicated the language used in the descriptive text by means of a
   'desclang' attribute ([RFC5646],[RFC2277]).