Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Protocol Action: 'Media Control Channel Framework' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:55:32 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Media Control Channel Framework'
  (draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-12.txt) as a Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Media Server Control Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework/

Technical Summary

  This document describes a Framework and protocol for application
  deployment where the application programming logic and media
  processing are distributed. This implies that application
  programming logic can seamlessly gain access to appropriate
  resources that are not co-located on the same physical network entity. 
  The framework uses the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to establish 
  an application-level control mechanism between application servers and
  associated external servers such as media servers.

Working Group Summary
  
  This document received significant WG review and has strong consensus.

Document Quality

   There are at least four, independent implementations of the protocols
   and framework described by this document.

   Type review for the media types defined in this document was
   requested October 27, 2009. 

Personnel

   Eric Burger is the document shepherd.
   Robert Sparks is the responsible Area Director

RFC Editor Note
  (Applies to version 12)

  This document defines UPALPHA twice (identically) in
  its BNF. Please remove the second definition.

  In section 13.1, second paragraph, please delete
  "; it also demonstrates all
   three possible permutations of package type, contact, and reference"

 In section 13, s/.././ at the end of the second paragraph. Add the following
 as a third paragraph:

   For all registries and sub-registries created by this document, the policy applied
   when creating a new registration is also applied when changing an existing
   registration.