Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-16.txt> (Media Resource Brokering) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 08:26:38 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Media Server Control WG
(mediactrl) to consider the following document:
- 'Media Resource Brokering'
  <draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-11-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The MediaCtrl work group in the IETF has proposed an architecture for
   controlling media services.  The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is
   used as the signalling protocol which provides many inherent
   capabilities for message routing.  In addition to such signalling
   properties, a need exists for intelligent, application level media
   service selection based on non-static signalling properties.  This is
   especially true when considered in conjunction with deployment
   architectures that include 1:M and M:N combinations of Application
   Servers and Media Servers.  This document introduces a Media Resource
   Broker (MRB) entity which manages the availability of Media Servers
   and the media resource demands of Application Servers.  The document
   includes potential deployment options for an MRB and appropriate
   interfaces to Application Servers and Media Servers.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1876/