Subject: [Medup] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-marques-pep-handshake-02.txt

From: Hernâni Marques (p≡p foundation) <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 23:11:06 +0100

Dear MEDUP list

We updated the pEp Handshake draft, which describes a method for easier
authentication of peers between each other, UX-wise to be implemented in
ways accessible to ordinary Internet users; it makes use of the
Trustwords mapping, described here:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birk-pep-trustwords-03

Greets

Hernani

PS:
As a reminder, please don't forget we will meet @ IETF-104 on Thu; the
newest agenda is here:

https://pep.foundation/dev/repos/internet-drafts/file/d832db013098/medup/ietf-104/agenda.txt

It would be nice if you could indiciate your interest to show up and
participate:

https://du7f.koalatux.ch/j8CKncOzQ3r6iM8CLy2tPw

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-marques-pep-handshake-02.txt
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 15:02:04 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Bernie Hoeneisen (bernhard.hoeneisen AT ucom.ch)
<[email-masked]>, Hernani Marques <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-marques-pep-handshake-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Hernani Marques and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-marques-pep-handshake
Revision:	02
Title:		pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Contact and Channel Authentication
through Handshake
Document date:	2019-03-25
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		13
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-marques-pep-handshake-02.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-marques-pep-handshake/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marques-pep-handshake-02
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-marques-pep-handshake
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-marques-pep-handshake-02

Abstract:
   In interpersonal messaging end-to-end encryption means for public key
   distribution and verification of its authenticity are needed; the
   latter to prevent man-in-the-middle (MITM) attacks.

   This document proposes a new method to easily verify a public key is
   authentic by a Handshake process that allows users to easily
   authenticate their communication channel.  The new method is targeted
   to Opportunistic Security scenarios and is already implemented in
   several applications of pretty Easy privacy (pEp).

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat