Subject: [Medup] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-marques-pep-rating-01.txt

From: Hernâni Marques (p≡p foundation) <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 20:32:10 +0100

Dear MEDAP list

There's also a rating system proposed in pEp on a per-user and
per-message basis; in practical implementations and for regular Internet
users, it's exposed with a mapping to a color / symbol system (the
latter for color-blindness): if that's the easiest way to signal the
privacy level and if the underlying ratings are sensible / sufficient
for sure is debatable.

Greets

Hernani

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-marques-pep-rating-01.txt
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 15:49:31 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Bernie Hoeneisen (bernhard.hoeneisen AT ucom.ch)
<[email-masked]>, Hernani Marques <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-marques-pep-rating-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Hernani Marques and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-marques-pep-rating
Revision:	01
Title:		pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Mapping of Privacy Rating
Document date:	2019-03-11
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		12
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-marques-pep-rating-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-marques-pep-rating/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marques-pep-rating-01
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-marques-pep-rating
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-marques-pep-rating-01

Abstract:
   In many Opportunistic Security scenarios end-to-end encryption is
   automatized for Internet users.  In addition, it is often required to
   provide the users with easy means to carry out authentication.

   Depending on several factors, each communication channel to different
   peers may have a different Privacy Status, e.g., unencrypted,
   encrypted and encrypted as well as authenticated.  Even each message
   from/to a single peer may have a different Privacy Status.

   To display the actual Privacy Status to the user, this document
   defines a Privacy Rating scheme and its mapping to a traffic-light
   semantics.  A Privacy Status is defined on a per-message basis as
   well as on a per-identity basis.  The traffic-light semantics (as
   color rating) allows for a clear and easily understandable
   presentation to the user in order to optimize the User Experience
   (UX).

   This rating system is most beneficial to Opportunistic Security
   scenarios and is already implemented in several applications of
   pretty Easy privacy (pEp).

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat