Subject: sub-list value type for package stats

From: Vikas Salota <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:27:03 +0530

Hi !
There seems to be a discrepancy in the possible package stats values
type as defined in Sec 12.2 and the ABNF. Sec 12.2 suggests that package
stats can be of type sub-list but the ABNF does not support sub-list
values for stats values. To support the sub-list type stats values, the
ABNF definition
                statisticsParameter  = pkgdName EQUAL VALUE
should be changed to
                statisticsParameter  = pkgdName EQUAL (VALUE / LSBRKT
VALUE *(COMMA VALUE) RSBRKT )

Although similar change would have been necessitated in the definition
of parmValue too if it were not for the support of over-specification of
these values. Since due to possible over specification of these values,
sub-list type of values for package signals and events can be supported
with the current definition of parmValue. But then we can't over specify
package events/signals of type sub-list because a list of values for
these type of events/signals would always be interpreted as the sub-list
value. If we have to support over specification of sub-list typed
events/signals, the definition of parmValue should be changed to support
list of sub-list values too.

with regards
Vikas Salota