Subject: draft-ricagni-megaco-umts-all-ip-00.txt

From: Giuseppe Ricagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 00:21:10 +0200

Dear all,

we would like to draw your attention a new I-D: the draft is a very
preliminary work on the analysis and comparison of the diferent call
control protocols foreseen by 3GPP in its "all-IP" scenario.

As we didn't make it for the submission deadline, the I-D is temporarily
available at

http://195.103.28.224/ricagni/draft-ricagni-megaco-umts-all-ip-00.txt
http://195.103.28.224/ricagni/draft-ricagni-megaco-umts-all-ip-00.ps for
the postscipt version
http://195.103.28.224/ricagni/draft-ricagni-megaco-umts-all-ip-00.pdf
for the .pdf version

The choice of the call control protocol is currently a very hot issue in
3GPP,
and we would like to try to support this decision process "in the IETF
way", to say, with open documents and technically-driven discussions.

In this first version of the document, Megaco/H.248 is briefly analysed
and a few scenarios are described (Registration, UMTS Mobile-to-UMTS
Mobile call, UMTS Mobile-to-PSTN call).

Please let us know any comments/remarks

Thanking you in advance
Best Regards
Giuseppe Ricagni

----------------------------------------------------------
Giuseppe RICAGNI
System Architecture and Product Planning
Broadband Networks
Italtel
via Reiss Romoli - C10
20019 Castelletto di Settimo Milanese (MILANO)
ITALY

Phone: +390243888797
FAX: +390243888405
mailto:[email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------