Subject: Pontential Error in 11.4

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:37:58 +0100

G'Day all,

Should the following text (11.4):
Upon failover, the Primary MG sends a ServiceChange command with a
"Failover" method and a "MG Impending Failure" reason.  The MGC then
uses the primary MG as the active MG.  When the error condition is
repaired, the Working MG can send a "ServiceChange" with a "Restart"
method.

instead read:

Upon failover, the Primary MG sends a ServiceChange command with a
"Failover" method and a "MG Impending Failure" reason.  The MGC then
uses the <<secondary>> MG as the active MG.  When the error condition is
repaired, the Working MG can send a "ServiceChange" with a "Restart"
method.

Cheers, Christian

---

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:10:49 +0100

Christian,

I have to admit that it seems strange to say that an MGC has to use the
primary MG if that same primary MG has just indicated an impending
failure.  This is a typo and we should fix it like you propose.

John

--
John Segers                                  email: [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 306
Dept. Forward Looking Work                      phone: +31 35 687 4724
P.O. Box 18, 1270 AA  Huizen                      fax: +31 35 687 5954