Subject: Auditing EventBuffer Descriptor

From: Jerry Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 20:55:09 PST

Hi Tom, list,

Currently, the EventBuffer Descriptor is one of the legal descriptors for the AuditValue and AuditCapabilities commands (as listed in Section 7.2).  However, the Spec has not explicitly stated what the two Audit commands should return for the EventBuffer Descriptor.

It seems to me that the Audit for the ObservedEvents Descriptor is already returning what the EventBuffer Descriptor should return: (For AuditValue in Section 7.2.5: "ObservedEvents returns a list of events in the EventBuffer", and for AuditCapabilities in Section 7.2.6: "ObservedEventsDescriptor returns the names of active events on the termination").

Thx,
Jerry

---

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:24:30 +0100

Jerry,

The EventBufferDescriptor contains the events that the MG looks for when
EventBufferControl equals LockStep.  If an AuditValue command contains
EventBuffer descriptor, the MG replies with this information, instead of
the events in the EventBuffer.

Cheers,

John

--
John Segers                                  email: [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 306
Dept. Forward Looking Work                      phone: +31 35 687 4724
P.O. Box 18, 1270 AA  Huizen                      fax: +31 35 687 5954