Subject: Conversion errors in draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-07.txt

From: Pekka Pessi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:20:18 +0200

Hello,

        The current I-D draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-07.txt is missing some
        text found in the word/PDF files.  Some special characters, like
        backslash "\", seem to be confusing the software converting the word
        file. The lossage is worst in the appendix specifying the ABNF, i.e.
        the IETF-specific part of the spec.

        Unless the conversion errors are fixed, the errors make
        draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-07.txt (and the Proposed Standard based
        on it) quite useless as a basis for implementation. I mean, one has
        to check every detail with the PDF/Word files.

        So, I wonder, that is the point here publishing
        draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-07.txt?

        Regards,
                                        Pekka Pessi

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 07:42:37 -0500

We must publish .txt files for the IETF process.  I've been using
the same tools since the first draft was published, and no one
has pointed out any errors other than some table formatting,
and a few missed directives.

I will look into the problem, and have it fixed for the RFC.
I'd suggest you use the .doc or .pdf files in most cases, as they
are more readable, but I have spent many hours making the .txt
files for those who want them, and aim to have them be as accurate
as possible.

The last draft was rushed, so it's possible that I did something
wrong there.

At any rate, I apologize, and will have this particular problem
cleaned up for whatever comes next.  If you spot anything else,
please let me know.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pekka Pessi [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, March 24, 2000 4:20 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Conversion errors in draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-07.txt
>
>
>         Hello,
>

---

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:24:59 -0800

Brian and John must be the world's experts for ITU to IETF conversion Word
macros by now. :-)

In any case, for better or worse the text version is the definitive version
for IETF.

Chip

> >         draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-07.txt?

http://www.netaid.org
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 CTO Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems
Reality - Love it or Leave it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------