Subject: Issues in V16 Draft

From: Shalini Philip <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 17:59:07 +0530

Hello Brian/Tom,

    There is some clarification required on some of the latest changes
in V16 draft. They are:

1. Section 11.2 on Cold Start says that :
    "Upon failure to obtain a reply, either from the Primary MGC, or a
designated successor, the MG tries its pre-provisioned Secondary MGCs,
in order. If the MG is unable to comply and it has established a
transport connection to the MGC, it should close that connection. In any
event, it should reject all subsequent requests from the MGC with Error
406 Version Not Supported."
The situation of MG not being able to comply and sending errors of
Version not supported, seems to be appropriate only for the case of
Version negotiation failure and not as a general case. If MG is unable
to comply due to some other reason, then the appropriate error should be
returned.

2. In Section 7.2.5, it is clarified that if DigitMap is requested in an
AuditValue command with TerminationID ALL, then all the digit maps
defined in the gateway are returned. Since only the digit map names are
getting returned here, it would not be possible to return those digit
maps specified by MGC as part of the Event Descriptor, since they do not
have names associated with them.

Regards,

Shalini Philip
Ficon Technology
E-Mail : mailto:[email-masked]
Web    : http://www.ficon-tech.com