Subject: Questions on V16.

From: Shalini Philip <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:07:29 +0530

Hello all,

    I have a few questions on the V16 Draft of MEGACO.

1. How does an MGC know how many streams can be created on a
termination? Is it from the packages supported by the termination?

2. Refer to Last paragraph of Sec 7.1.7.
A new setting of Local Control Descriptor replaces the last setting.”
Does this change the default value of ReserveGroup & ReserveValue also,
i.e., if RG and RV are set true in one command, then in the subsequent
command if RG and RV are not specified, then MG would take their value
as TRUE or FALSE?

3. Refer to last paragraph of Sec 7.1.7.
How can MG delete some information from an existing descriptor? All the
properties in the descriptor would have some default values.

4. Section 7.1.8, pt (a) talks about the possibility of no previously
specified value, in which case the descriptor is ignored in further
processing of the command.
How can there be “no previously specified value”? All the properties in
Local and Remote Descriptor would have some default value.

Thanks & Regards,

Shalini Philip
Ficon Technology
E-Mail : mailto:[email-masked]
Web    : http://www.ficon-tech.com