Subject: On 7.2.8

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 19:10:39 -0500

Tom Taylor wrote:

>
>
> > 16) 7.2.8, Restart:    As I have stated before, it is a mistake that
> the
> > gateway is not defined to be in a clean and well-defined state when
> > "Restart" is issued. Consequently, I suggest that the sentence "the
> > Terminations are assumed to now not be associated with any Context"
> is
> > put back in this defintion again.
>         [[TomT]]  You were overruled by prevailing consensus.
> Basically the
> view is that the MGC is responsible for controlling the state of
> terminations, aside from in-service/test/out-of-service.  If it really
> wants
> to clear all contexts it has the tools to do that.

Certainly not on the mailing list. There were only a few mails exchanged
on this issue, in particular by Chip, Brian, and myself. I never got a
response/resolution to the last one I sent out.

-- Flemming

--
Flemming Andreasen
Cisco Systems