Subject: V16 review - events Descriptor

From: Nancy-M Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:29:15 -0600

This comment is editorial, trying to improve the clarity of section 7.1.9:

(and, it is, I hope, our last comment on v16 :-) )

Section 7.1.9 Events Descriptor
Issue: Case 1, item 2a), and Case 2 are not yet completely clear.
Case 1, item 2a) currently says:
"... detected. The MG then waits for a new EventsDescriptor. While waiting
for a new EventsDescriptor, any events matching the EventsBufferDescriptor
will be placed in the EventBuffer and the event processing will repeat from
step 1."

Proposal:
i) Change "While waiting..." sentence in Case 1, item 2a) to be:
"While waiting for a new EventsDescriptor, any events detected which
appear in the current EventsBufferDescriptor will be placed in the
EventBuffer.
When a new EventDescriptor is received, event processing repeats
from step 1."

ii) and add this sentence to Case 2:
"Events detected that match an event in the new EventsDescriptor are
immediately notified."

Nancy
Abdallah

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nancy M. Greene
Internet & Service Provider Networks, Nortel Networks
T:514-271-7221 (internal:ESN853-1077) E:[email-masked]