Subject: v16 comments: digit map

From: Harpreet Singh Anand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:35:18 -0600

Hello all,

1. Sec 7.1.14,  paragraph after numbered item 3,
“The timers are configurable parameters to a DigitMap.  The Start timer
is started at the beginning of every digit map use, but can be
overridden.”.

What is the method for overriding start of “Start” timer ? Is it by
configuration ?

2. Definition of digitMapRange in ABNF:

digitMapRange        = ("x" / LWSP "[" LWSP digitLetter LWSP "]" LWSP)
digitLetter          = *((DIGIT "-" DIGIT ) / digitMapLetter)

(a) According to the current definition, the digitMapRange can be empty,
that is, “[]” would be considered as a valid digitMapRange. I don't
think [] would make any sense. The definition of digitLetter should be
changed to “1*((DIGIT “-“ DIGIT) / digitMapLetter)”

(b) Are the inter-event timers “L”, “S” and long duration modifier “Z”
allowed in digitMapRange ?

Regards,
Harpreet

---

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:47:57 +0200

Harpreet,

1. The "T" timer is used to override the default start timer.
2. (a) an empty digit map does not seem to make much sense.
   (b) I don't think that a digitmap range should contain the Z modifier
or
       long and short timers.  We should fix the syntax to disallow
this.

John

-- 
John Segers                                  email: [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 306
Dept. Forward Looking Work                      phone: +31 35 687 4724
P.O. Box 18, 1270 AA  Huizen                      fax: +31 35 687 5954

---

From: Harpreet Singh Anand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:13:37 -0500

Hello John,

> 1. The "T" timer is used to override the default start timer.

My question was not on configuring the value of Start timer. The text in the
draft says "The Start timer is started at the beginning of every digit map
use, but can be
overridden.”. This means that MGC can configure whether MG should start the
start timer or not. My question was how to configure this. Is it by setting a
value of 0 ?

Regards,
Harpreet

---

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:27:23 +0200

Harpreet,

Tom wrote most of the text on digit maps, so let's hope he can clear
things up in between sessions in Adelaide.  But if my understanding is
correct, the start timer is started at the beginning of every digit
map.  Only its default value can be overridden, by using "T".  Maybe
overridden was not the right word.

John