Subject: Taking The Protocol Document Forward

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 21:55:32 -0600

In accordance with our agreement with SG 16, and given that no one has
brought up any show stoppers, the protocol document itself is not going to
change as a result of WG Last Call except for the addition of the following
sentence:

"The current version of this document must be read in conjunction with
draft-ietf-megaco-errata-00.txt, which lists corrections which will be
incorporated into H.248 before it is decided by the ITU-T."

I would like to pass draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-08.txt (the version
containing this sentence) onward for IETF Last Call as soon as Brian has
prepared it -- preferably by noon tomorrow (Tuesday).  This is because it's
best if IETF Last Call is issued by Friday, and it takes a couple of days
for that to happen.  If I understand the process lags correctly, we could
still wait until tomorrow (Tuesday) evening before submitting
draft-ietf-megaco-errata-00.txt, giving an extra half day for WG comments.

Does anyone have a concern with submitting draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-08.txt
to the IESG with a recommendation that it be published as a Proposed
Standard?

Tom Taylor
Advisor -- Emerging Carrier IP Standards
E-mail: [email-masked] (internally, Tom-PT Taylor)
Phone and FAX: +1 613 736 0961

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 10:51:13 -0500

Well, on 2/22/00 you sent out an e-mail that WG last ends on March 8th and I for
one am still operating under that assumption. I suspect others probably are as
well.

Regards

        Flemming

--
Flemming Andreasen
Cisco Systems