Subject: On 7.2.5

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 19:21:12 -0500

Tom Taylor wrote:

>
> > 15) 7.2.5, fourth paragraph states that "Digitmap requested in an
> > AuditValue command with TerminationID ALL returns all DigitMaps in
> the
> > gateway". Since digitmaps defined on specific terminations "shadow"
> > digit maps defined on the root termination, it would seem that digit
>
> > maps defined on root should be excluded here (unless the reporting
> > starts including the termination the digit map is defined on which
> seems
> > to be a more substantial change).
>         [[TomT]]  Why can't the sentence mean what it says?  A digit
> map is
> a name and a value.  This paragraph doesn't say that the same digit
> map is
> reported multiple times, which I think is what you are implying.

You're right, no issue. I was thinking that the same name could be used
on a particular termination as well a the root termination, however that
applies equally well between terminations. I guess you just audit
accordingly instead of TerminationID ALL.

-- Flemming

--
Flemming Andreasen
Cisco Systems