Subject: I-D posted: Megaco IP Phone MG 02

From: Peter Blatherwick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:08:48 -0600

Greetings:

An updated version of the Megaco IP Phone MG I-D has been
submitted as: "draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-02.txt".

Updates include:
- Alignment to latest reality, to track last call version of
  Megaco/H.248 and related package documents;
- Removed user interface package specifics, now contained in
  separate documents;
- Spelled out use of application-specific protocol profile more
  carefully.

Now that Megaco/H.248 core protocol and package documents are
wrapping up for last call, we hope we can bring some attention
back to finalization of Megaco applications.  This would include
Megaco IP Phone MG, but would also hopefully include some others
(for example Text Telephony, FAX/Modem, etc).  Settling some
specific applications would seem to be a very useful, even
necessary, step towards interoperability testing and verification
of the Megaco Protocol as normal next phases of the IETF process.

Regards,
Peter Blatherwick
Bob Bell
Phil Holland

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 11:15:53 -0500

This document has been posted on the Megaco FTP site, at
ftp://standards.nortelnetworks.com/megaco/docs/Adelaide2000/ and
ftp://standards.nortelnetworks.com/megaco/docs/latest/

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Blatherwick, Peter [CAR:AT14:EXCH]
> Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2000 10:09 AM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      I-D posted: Megaco IP Phone MG 02
>
> Greetings:
>