Subject: Package Descriptor in Audit Capability

From: chennu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 13:13:45 +0530

Hi,

I have a basic doubt . Why is that Package Descriptor not legal in
AuditCapability command? According the draft it is valid in AuditValue
command which is used to know the current values associated with a
Termination. Does this mean that the List of Packages supported by a
Termination keep changing ?
Please clarify .

Thanks in Advance,
Chennu.

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:29:42 +1000

G'Day Chennu,

The Package Descriptor is not legal in the AuditCap command because a
termination supports a certain set of Packages. When you do an
auditValue of a termination you receive the PackageIDs that are
supported. AuditCap relates to the complete set of values a termination
supports. So for Packages this list would be the entire list registered
with IANA. As that doesn't make much sense to have in a MG, auditing
packages was left out of AuditCap.

Cheers, Christian