Subject: Editor's contribution on H.248 in SG16

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:45:21 +0200

All,

I submitted a contribution to the the upcoming SG16 rapporteurs' meeting
on H.248.  The document can be found at
<ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/0008_Por/APC-1923.zip>.

It lists all the errors I know of in the ITU-approved H.248
recommendation, which is the same as draft-ietf-megaco-merged-01.  Most
of the errors require minor editorial corrections; there's two that I
believe should be discussed on the list:

- contradicting text on MG registration in sections 7.2.8 and 11.2 (see
section 3.1 of APC-1923),
- echo cancellation parameters (see section 3.2 of APC-1923).

The meeting takes place next week.  I hope that we can agree on a
solution before the meeting starts.  It would be even better if you
agree on the solutions I propose in the contribution :)

Regards,

John Segers
--
John Segers                                  email: [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 303
Dept. Forward Looking Work                      phone: +31 35 687 4724
P.O. Box 18, 1270 AA  Huizen                      fax: +31 35 687 5954