Subject: Audit of all digit maps.

From: Madhu Babu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:07:03 +0530

Resend...lost somewhere..

In section 7.2.5, its mentioned that  "DigitMap requested in an    AuditValue
command with TerminationID ALL returns all DigitMaps in    the gateway". But in
section 7.1.14.1 its mentioned that "DigitMaps defined on the root Termination
are global and can .....".

1)How is this possible that the definition of digit map is on ROOT and auditing
the same uses TerminationID ALL??
2)Does ALL TerminationID includes ROOT too??
3)Cant the digit maps be audited on ROOT?

If TerminationID ALL can be used for digit map audit, the response should
contain the terminationID ALL instead of specifying the terminations. But this
is in conflict with Table in section 7.2.5 which says that when TerminationID is
Wildcard(ALL if *),irrespective of ContextID, all possible matchings of
TerminationID should be returned.
-Madhubabu

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:52:33 -0400

> the same uses TerminationID ALL??
ROOT is a named "termination", and distinguishable from "ALL"
So if I define DigitMaps A on Root, B on term1 and C on term2,
auditing digitmaps of Root gives you A, auditing ALL gives you A,B and C

> 2)Does ALL TerminationID includes ROOT too??
Sure

> 3)Cant the digit maps be audited on ROOT?
Sure

> TerminationID should be returned.
When you do this audit, you would get a number of responses.
Each termination with defined digitmaps would return responses,
and the root would return responses if there were global digitmaps.
In my example you would get something three responses.

Brian

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:00:05 -0400

The brief answer is that where DigitMaps are concerned ROOT is a valid
terminationID.  This was done for convenience, since some dial plans may
apply to the whole MG.  However, it is also true that some dial plans may
apply only to specific terminations.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Madhu Babu [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2000 9:02 AM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      Audit of all digit maps.
>