Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 06:52:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Media Gateway Control Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Megaco IP Phone Media Gateway Application Profile
        Author(s)       : R. Bell, P. Blatherwick, P. Holland
        Filename        : draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-03.txt
        Pages           : 13
        Date            : 25-Aug-00

This document specifies a particular application of the Megaco/H.248
Protocol [3] for control of Internet telephones and similar appliances:
the Megaco IP Phone Media Gateway.  The telephone itself is a Media
Gateway (MG), controlled by the Megaco/H.248 Protocol, with application
control intelligence located in the Media Gateway Controller (MGC).  To
achieve a high degree of interoperability and design efficiency in such
end-user devices, a consistent architectural approach, a particular
organization of Terminations and Packages, and a Protocol Profile are
described.  The approach makes use of existing Protocol features and
user interface related Packages [4], and is thus a straight-forward
application of the Megaco/H.248 Protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.