Subject: Need clarification on topology

From: Xiaotao Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:48:20 -0400

Hi,

   I have a question for handling the topology. Based on the syntax
definition, every contextRequest can only have one topologyDescriptor and
every topologyDescriptor can only have one
(termA, termB, direction) triples. So, if I want to specify the topology
by using more than one triple (e.g., I want to set (termA, termB,
Isolate) and at the same time, set (termA, termB, bothway)), I need to use
more than one contextRequest to do it, instead of putting all the
topologyDescriptors in one contextRequest, though these descriptors are
applied to the same context. Is it right?

Thanks!

-Xiaotao

   contextRequest          = ((contextProperties [COMMA contextAudit])
                           / contextAudit)

   contextProperties    = contextProperty *(COMMA contextProperty)

   ; at-most-once
   contextProperty  = (topologyDescriptor / priority / EmergencyToken)
   ....

   topologyDescriptor   = TopologyToken LBRKT terminationA COMMA
                          terminationB COMMA topologyDirection RBRKT
   terminationA         = TerminationID
   terminationB         = TerminationID
   topologyDirection    = BothwayToken / IsolateToken / OnewayToken

-Xiaotao

====================================================
Name : Xiaotao Wu  (Always available by email!)
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
URL  : http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~xiaotaow
Work Phone: (212)939-7087, Home Phone: (212)795-1963
Office: Room 623, Schapiro (CEPSR), West 120th
====================================================

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:19:23 -0500

You're right, and it's a bug.  The ASN.1 shows

ContextRequest ::= SEQUENCE
{
        priority        INTEGER(0..15) OPTIONAL,
        emergency       BOOLEAN OPTIONAL,
        topologyReq     SEQUENCE OF TopologyRequest OPTIONAL,
        ...
}

which meets the intent by allowing multiple triples.  I'll raise this one in
Portland next week when Q. 14/16 are considering the draft Implementor's
Guide.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Xiaotao Wu [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2000 10:48 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Need clarification on topology
>
>
> Hi,
>