Subject: Returning of multiple digit maps from MG.

From: Madhu Babu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:52:49 +0530

If MGC audits the global digit maps the reply from MG should include all the
defined digit maps. The production for auditReturnParameter lists any of the
possible descriptors returned from MG. But occurence of these descriptors shall
not occur more than once except for digit map descriptor. This is not specified
anywhere that except for digitmap descriptor no other descriptor can occur more
than once. This should be specified in grammar.
-Madhubabu

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:35:07 -0400

Thank you for noticing this and we should include some
text.  The behavior is what you suggest - you get
multiple digitmap descriptors.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Madhu Babu [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2000 9:23 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Returning of multiple digit maps from MG.
>
>

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 22:04:34 -0400

I actually noted this as an issue when we were in Last Call stage in
the spring, but found that it had already been taken care of in the text.
See the third paragraph of 7.2.5 AuditValue, which reads:

           The appropriate descriptors, with the current values for the
           Termination, are returned from AuditValue.  Values appearing in
           multiple instances of a descriptor are defined to be alternate
           values supported, with each parameter in a descriptor considered
           independent.

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Madhu Babu [SMTP:[email-masked]]
                Sent:   Tuesday, August 01, 2000 9:23 AM
                To:     [email-masked]
                Subject:        Returning of multiple digit maps from MG.

                If MGC audits the global digit maps the reply from MG should
include all the
                defined digit maps. The production for auditReturnParameter
lists any of the
                possible descriptors returned from MG. But occurence of
these descriptors shall
                not occur more than once except for digit map descriptor.
This is not specified
                anywhere that except for digitmap descriptor no other
descriptor can occur more
                than once. This should be specified in grammar.
                -Madhubabu

Tom Taylor
Lead Standards Developer
Phone and FAX: +1 613 736 0961
E-mail: [email-masked]