Subject: MGCP Mailing List

From: François Berard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 12:28:01 -0400

Bob wrote (14/07/00):

> The ISC/IETF relationship may not be a formal one, but if you are
attempting
> to implement MGCP in any "standard" way (quotes used on purpose - please -

> no more emails!) you do have two options - ISC Device Control Working
Group,
> and CableLabs.

Many vendors are presently working on MGCP products and RFC 2705 will
probably need to be updated in a near future (at least to clarify a few
things). Is the ISC Mailing list the right place to do this? Are the ISC and
CableLabs mailing lists the only options for MGCP implementers?

> I mention this to emphasize that
> 0) MGCP is alive and well
> 1) There are other fora for MGCP discussions
> 2) This isn't the right place
> 3) Clearly there is some interest about MGCP on this list, and it needs
somewhere to go

Thanks,
Francois Berard