Subject: More issues on media of physical terminations

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:48:33 -0400

I turn your attention to the example, and step 3

Specifically, look at the lines:
                        Local {
   v=0
   c=IN IP4 $
   m=audio $ RTP/AVP 0
   a=fmtp:PCMU VAD=X-NNVAD ; special voice activity
                           ; detection algorithm

This is too weird to let go
1) There is no IP address.  Choose is really wrong, especially
because the response doesn't return an address
2) the m line is bogus, it's not RTP
    I'll give some more info related to this; when we pushed
        through the atm sdp spec, it used RTP/AVP to pick up
        the codec spec, as this does.  The MMUSIC group objected
        (it isn't RTP), so we had to define a new name space
          for ATM that simply defines the codec parameter the same
        as RTP/AVP
3) the a line has some sense, but it really would make more sense to
have this be a parameter defined in the al package.

Clearly, if you send SDP, you need a c and an m line, but using IP
is just wrong.

We can either make them parameters, and then SDP wouldn't be used in
most cases, or we can extend SDP to have a more sane c and m line.

At the very least, the c line should specify a legal IP address,
and not choose.

Brian

Brian