Subject: Repeated Modify

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:55:32 -0400

If you repeat a modify, what happens?

I'd think that other than subtract or add, it's a NOP.
Add/Subtract is an error.

The specific command set MODE to the same value it was.
Might unnecessarily consume cycles, but should be legal
right?

Brian

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 18:28:21 -0400

I'm not sure I understand this question. If you resend a command with
the same transaction-id, etc. it's a duplicate that will (hopefully) not
get executed again. If you send a command with another transaction-id
than previously, it's a new command and it will be carried out as such.
That may or may not lead to a change on the MG.

> Might unnecessarily consume cycles, but should be legal

Sure, however it's a new command with a NOP result.

-- Flemming

--
Flemming Andreasen
Cisco Systems