Subject: Statistics when you delete a stream

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 19:19:53 -0400

The way the protocol is defined now, if you were to create a stream
on a termination, run some media, delete the stream, and then
re-establish the stream (maybe to another IP address), you would
not get statistics automatically on the delete of the stream.
As defined now, statistics are only generated automatically when
a Subtract is done on the termination.

Do list members think that this behavior is correct?  Or should
statistics be generated if a stream is deleted?

I personally think the current spec is correct, because the
statistics are kept on the TERMINATION and not the STREAM.
You can always get the statistics by specifying Audit of
Statistics on the deletion of the stream.

Brian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:37:05 +1100

G'Day Brian,

Your interpretation seems correct to me and consistent with what's in
the protocol today.

Cheers, Christian