Subject: APC-1945 H.248 Annex F fax/text/call discrimination status and white draft submitted

From: Gunnar Hellstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 23:18:42 +0200

Dear all,

I have placed document APC-1945 for the Portland Q.12-Q.14 meeting in the
Incoming directory of the Pictel avc-site. I hope it will appear soon in the
0008_Por directory for the meeting.

Title:        H.248 Annex F fax/text/call discrimination, status and white
draft.

Source:       Editor ( Gunnar Hellström, Ericsson )

Document for: Information

The document is already sent as a white draft to ITU. The reason to enter
the document in this meeting is merely to clarify the status since there are
other contributions to H.248 Annex F.

----------------------------Copy of first page of
APC-1945:---------------------------------

Status:

This document contains the white draft H.248 Annex F. facsimile, text
conversation and call discrimination packages.

1.      After the determination in February 2000, small modifications have been
requested by Q14/16, Q4/8, Q9/16 and Q4/1. They are incorporated.

2.      The document was handled by Q.4/8 in a meeting in June. The resulting
comments can be found in APC-1890 and APC-1892 issued by Q.4/8
representatives.

3.      The document was handled by Q.4/16, Q.9/16 and WP1/16 in a meeting in
Edinburgh in June.

4.      The contents of documents APC-1890 and APC-1892 proposing modifications
for the facsimile parts were available at that meeting and all proposed
changes were incorporated.

5.      To the knowledge of the editor, also the contents of APC-1891 – T.38
Appendix V- is in line with the current edition of H.248 Annex F.

6.      Possible extensions to fully cover data modem discrimination, session
establishment and transport were briefly discussed in Q.4/16. No action was
taken because of lack of contributions. It should be noted that the current
document contains full functionality for the modem negotiation and can
therefore be extended by other packages to also cover the modulation and
transport of data modem traffic.

7.      The document has also been converted to pure text format and entered as
an Internet Draft to IETF as draft-ietf-megaco-h248f-00.txt

Included here is the white draft as sent to the TSB for decision in the
Study Group 16 meeting in November.
-------------end of excerpt---------------------------------

Regards

------------------------------------------
Gunnar Hellstrom
LM Ericsson

E-mail [email-masked]
Tel +46 8 556 002 03
Mob +46 708 204 288
fax +46 8 556 002 06