Subject: Stream Descriptor

From: Kushanava Laha <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 19:31:02 +0530

G'day Tom,
     The protocol talks of the deletion of a stream being only possible when the
Local/Remote Descriptors for the stream is set to empty and the ReserveGroup and
ReserveValue properties for all the terminations within the context supporting
the stream
are set to "false".
     I fail to understand the restriction imposed on the reserve
properties...........

Kushanava Laha,
Hughes Software systems.

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:44:11 -0500

I've been on the road every week for the last two months.  It's nice to have
a few hours to sit down and pay attention to my much-neglected list.

Anyway, to your point: the key is to be found in the third-last paragraph of
section 7.1.7.  Setting the "reserve.." properties to FALSE actually causes
resources to be released, where setting them TRUE does not guarantee that
release happens.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kushanava Laha [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 10:01 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Stream Descriptor
>
>
> G'day Tom,

---

From: Kushanava Laha <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 20:48:06 +0530

Tom,
     It's nice to have you back responding to the usual bombardment
of queries.
     If the MG fails to see the Reserve properties set to FALSE, should it
refuse to delete the stream ?
     The next query is regarding the sequential signal list..............The
sequential
signal list as per 7.1.11 contains a signal list identifier, a sequence of
signals and a
signal type. A signal type parameter for the entire list is however missing in
the grammar
(ABNF or ASN.1).
     Moreover 7.1.11 also speaks of the possible values for this signal type
parameter applicable
to the entire list depending on the signal types of the component signals of the
list.
Question is if an MG encounters a signal type for the signal list violating the
specifications in 7.1.11, should it dishonour the signals descriptor?

Kushanava Laha,
Hughes Software systems

Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]> on 08/16/2000 08:14:11 PM

Please respond to Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Kushanava Laha/HSS)

Subject:  Re: Stream Descriptor