Subject: Response of action with only context properties

From: Madhu Babu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:56:04 +0530

If only context properties are specified in the request without any command, the
response
can't be sent if you don't specify the context properties in the response,
whereas the idea
is to send back in response only the stuff that contains either overspecified or
under-specified
values in the request. The grammar should be modified to make context properties
optional.

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:53:33 -0500

Let me make something clear in response to this suggestion and others for
modification of the Megaco grammar.  Megaco version 1 is now a done deal --
the IESG approved the corresponding RFCs in May, and the ITU-T  decided
H.248 v1 last June.  The most recent Last Call on
draft-ietf-megaco-merged-01.txt was simply to create a single RFC
reproducing the content of the ones approved in May.

From now on, we are talking about errors in Megaco v1 (which I propose we
capture in a living document, and which the ITU-T will capture in the
H.248v1 Implementor's Guide), and possible future work for Megaco/H.248.
I'll note that this latter topic is not within our current charter, but
discussion could be useful to guide our AD's decision on whether we
recharter.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Madhu Babu [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2000 10:26 AM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      Response of action with only context properties
>