Subject: Accepting Null bodies

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:24:47 -0400

It seems obvious to me that an MG should always accept a
command which has no descriptors, assuming that the contextId
and the terminationIds are legal.  It's a NOP, but it's legal.

Now, someone here tried to send Context= - {Subtract=*{}}
That's not legal (can't subtract from null context}.

Brian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:16:09 +1100

G'Day Brian,

Agreed it certainly is a bit weird.
I propose to add the following text to the implementor's guide

in 7.2.3 Subtract
"...and returning all physical terminations to Null context. Subtract of
termination from the NULL context is not allowed."

Does anyone disagree?

CHeers, Christian