Subject: Ephemeral connection creation

From: Dan Elbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:37:54 -0400

Hi All

I understand that ephemeral and physical connections can be put on a context
in any order.
For example an ADD command can be send putting only an ephemeral connection
in a new context and latter a new ADD puts a physical connection in the same
context.
Now, it seems to me that some implementators may have problems creating an
ephemeral connection that is not immediately associated with a physical
connection if they have to be associated later (i.e., may need to know to
what DSP associate it).
Are there any restrictions in the way that this can be done, or is the MG
supposed to support any scenario ?

Dan Elbert
RADVISION

---

From: Murat Bog <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:42:16 -0700

I don't think the protocol specification itself could impose any
restrictions.  An ephemeral termination does not always have to be
associated with a physical termination.  For example, in the case of an MG
that supports interworking/switching between packet voice streams, the
second termination added to the context could be another ephemeral
termination.

Murat Bog
CopperCom

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dan Elbert [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 9:38 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Ephemeral connection creation
>
>
> Hi All
>