Subject: Re: audit value command

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 13:41:21 -0400

You get all terminations, except those in NULL context.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Shlomo Kabaz ECItelecom [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2000 11:06 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: audit value command
>
>
> Hi , all !
>
> If in auditValue command i am giving context=All and
> termination=wildcard ,
> am i getting in the reply only ephemeral terminations in
> their contexts or
> that physical
> terminations in these contexts will be reported tow?
>
> Thanks , Shlomo .
>

---

From: Kevin Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:05:36 -0400

Well, you'd get all the terminations that match the wildcard that aren't in
the NULL context.

I would like to point out, at the expense of possibly stating the obvious,
that there are TWO wildcards: ALL (*) and CHOOSE ($).  From many of the
questions I've seen float by, there does seem to be some misunderstanding
or unawareness of this.  If you say you're wildcarding a termination name,
there could be two outcomes:

abc* matches any termination name that starts with abc
abc$ matches ONE termination name that starts with abc -- which one is at
the GW's discretion.

I think it is very important to highlight this fact.  The question posed
below is a case in point.  The question seems to imply that the wildcard in
question is ALL, but it is not stated that way -- which could lead to
confusion in the understanding of the question, and the statement of the
answer.

I just thought I'd try to clarify this for those new to these constructs.
I can see all kinds of confusion possibly coming out of this, and that
really wouldn't be terribly constructive for anyone -- or for Megaco, for
that matter.

Kevin