Subject: Order of ADD commands !

From: Rashi Arya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 16:41:36 -0700

Hi,

Is the ordering of ADD commands from the MGC significant in the Megaco
protocol ?

I need to know if the Media Gateway can receive an RTP ADD from the MGC
before receiving an ADD for the TDM termination ?  I assume they can
come in any order, but just need a clarification.

Thanks in advance,
Rashi.

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:51:12 -0400

The MG executes commands in a transaction in order.
The MG can execute transactions in any order.
There are procedures detailed that illustrate how the MGC can
control the order transactions are executed when it cares.

In general the MG should be able to add ephemeral (RTP for example)
and physical (analog line for example) terminations in any order.
How it occurs is up to the MGC.

I'll give you a couple of example of how this might work.

Some MGCs may treat dialed digit collection as events that happen
in the Null context.  It can instruct the MG to apply dial tone,
program a DigitMap, and wait for the terminal digit without creating
a new context.  It then might create a new context for the RTP
termination, and then put the physical termination in the context,
or it could put the physical one in first, and then the ephemeral.

On the other hand, it could create a context as soon as off hook was
detected, in which case the physical termination would be first in
the context always.

YMMV, the MG has to be able to deal with all of this, and maybe more!

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rashi Arya [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 7:42 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Order of ADD commands !
>
>
> Hi,
>