Subject: Priority Clarification in Implementors' Guide

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 12:05:25 +1100

G'Day all,

I've had a couple of question on context priority and what values mean
what (ie. is 15 highest or 0?). I propose to add the following to
Implementors' Guide to clarify the situation. Does any one have problems
with the proposed text?

9.4     Context Priorities

Description:    It is unclear in the recommendation on what the values of
the priorities represent.
Reference:      Editor

[Begin Clarification]
6.1.1 Context Attributes and Descriptors
…
The priority is used for a context in order to provide the MG with
information about a certain precedence handling for a context. The MGC
can also use the priority to control autonomously the traffic precedence
in the MG in a smooth way in certain situations (e.g. restart), when a
lot of contexts must be handled simultaneously. >>>>>>> Priority 0
represents no priority, priority 1 is the lowest priority and a
priority of 15 is the highest priority. <<<<<<<

[End Clarification]

Cheers, Christian