Subject: Re: Topology

From: Chanchal Hassija <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:17:06 +0530

Hello Paul,

My reply is embedded and prefixed with Chan>

I have a quick question about the topology description in H.248.

The wording in the Topology Descriptor chapter says:

"The default association when a termination is not mentioned in the Topology
descriptor is bothway (if T3 is added to a context with T1 and T2 with topology
(T3,T1,oneway) it will be connected bothway to T2)."

but in the example in the diagrams, at step 3 we apply the topology "T3, T2,
oneway". I would assume that if we apply the above rule, then there should be a
bothway connection between T1 and T2.

Chan> You need to read all the steps in sequence. Hence the two-way connection
between T1 and T2 in step 1) was broken in step 2) by the command....
(T1,T2,Isolate).....Hence it is not there in step 3)

Njoy....
Chanchal........

---

From: Paul Hollis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 21:47:51 +1100

Hi Chanchal,

thanks for the reply. However, if you take each step as being done in one command
at a time, then step 2 would isolate T1 and T2, which is OK. However, once step 3
is issued in the command with only (T3, T2, oneway) specified in the command, then
according to the rule quoted below any other association not mentioned in the
command is set to bothway.

In other words you would  need to specify (T1, T2 isolate) and (T3, T2, oneway) in
the one command to achieve what is shown.

Does this make sense or am I on the wrong track.

Regards Paul.