Subject: Audit Digitmap

From: Kapil Nayar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:28:11 +0530

Hi

7.2.5 AuditValue....specifies the following....

"DigitMapDescriptor returns the name or value of the current DigitMap for the
Termination. DigitMap requested in an AuditValue command with TerminationID ALL
returns all DigitMaps in the gateway."

My questions are:

1.   "current" means the "active digit map" or "all the defined digit maps" on
the specified termination.
2.   If answer to 1 is "all the defined digit maps". Is it that the "global
digit maps" defined on the root termination also form part of this group ?
3.   If answer to 1 is "current".  If terminationId is ALL what do we return:
     -    Only the active digit maps on all the terminations in the gateway.
     -    All the defined digit maps on all the terminations in the gateway.
     -    All the defined digit maps on all the terminations in the gateway
including the root termination. If this is the case and we use only the digit
map name in Audit response, how does this differentiate between the global digit
map and termination specific digit map with the same name.

Please clarify.

-Kapil Nayar
Hughes Software Systems Ltd.

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:22:07 -0500

I would suggest the following principles:

 (a)The audit returns the digit maps defined specifically on the
termination, not digit maps defined on ROOT.

 (b) The audit returns all of the digit maps defined, not just the active
one.

 (c) As established in the thread "Audit of Digit Map", where the digit map
active on a termination has been changed subsequent to activation, the audit
of DigitMap provides the changed value, not the active value.

Point (a) implies that the MGC has to take the union of the results of audit
for the specific termination and for ROOT to determine the total set of
digit map definitions available to the termination.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kapil Nayar [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 6:58 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Audit Digitmap
>
>
> Hi
>

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:14:23 -0400

> termination, not digit maps defined on ROOT.
Well, I think that audit of root returns global digitmaps, and audit
of a specific termination returns local digitmaps for that termination.
Is that what you meant?

>  (b) The audit returns all of the digit maps defined, not
To be clear, audit of DigitMapDescriptor returns all the digitmaps.
Audit of Event Descriptor would return the name and value of the
active digitmap

> of DigitMap provides the changed value, not the active value.
Yes for the audit of DigitMapDescriptor, no for the audit of
EventDescriptor.

> digit map definitions available to the termination.
Agree