Subject: auditItem in auditReturn

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:28:41 -0500

The ABNF in merged-01 has:
auditReturnParameter = (mediaDescriptor / modemDescriptor /
                           muxDescriptor / eventsDescriptor /
                           signalsDescriptor / digitMapDescriptor /
                     observedEventsDescriptor / eventBufferDescriptor /
                           statisticsDescriptor / packagesDescriptor /
                            errorDescriptor / auditItem )

Why is "auditItem" there?  AuditItem is the list of allowed tokens in
the Audit (request) descriptor.  The production allows you to return
something like:
Reply=112a33{Context=1921{Add=term1{EventBuffer}}}

The "eventBuffer" token is just the word.  Why is that?

Brian

---

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:33:55 +0100

Brian,

As far as I remember this was added to be able to indicate that certain
descriptors are empty.  It took me a minute to come up with this.  That
and the fact that you didn't know indicates that some clarifying text
may be needed...

Cheers,

John

--
John Segers                                  email: [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 303
Dept. Forward Looking Work                      phone: +31 35 687 4724
P.O. Box 18, 1270 AA  Huizen                      fax: +31 35 687 5954