Subject: Mismatch between ASN1 and ABNF for [w-]

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:23:31 +1100

G'Day all,

I've been made aware that there is an inconsistency between the ABNF and
the ASN1 on the usage of the [w-].

Chapter 6.2.2 allows wildcard response on all commands. It mentions that
it is useful for audit.

The ASN1 allows you to request a wildcard response on all commands [w-].

The ABNF only has it at:
auditRequest         = ["W-"] (AuditValueToken / AuditCapToken ) EQUAL
                        TerminationID LBRKT auditDescriptor RBRKT

I propose updating the line below to allow for wildcard response on all
commands:
From:
commandRequestList= ["O-"] commandRequest *(COMMA ["O-"]commandRequest)
to:
commandRequestList= ["O-"]["W-"] commandRequest *(COMMA
["O-"]["W-"]commandRequest)

and to delete the ["W-"] from the audit request.

Agreeable?

Cheers, Christian