Subject: Re: How do V.90 modems call each other using MEGACO protocol?

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:10:05 -0500

Two possibilities, depending on your intentions.  The first is to transmit
the modem tones themselves across the network, RTP-encapsulated (unless the
ITU-T comes up with the modem equivalent of T.38).  H.248 Annex F might come
into play here.  Up to now, my understanding has been that it would be
difficult to achieve anything anywhere close to 56 kbps transfer rate by
these means, but someone may know better.

The alternative is to demodulate the V.90 tones at one gateway and
remodulate at the other (NAS operation).  See
draft-ietf-megaco-naspkg-01.txt for details.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lien, Yan Tsung [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 11:03 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: How do V.90 modems call each other using MEGACO protocol?
>
>
> the scenario is following:
>
>
> PC--modem--PSTN--GW--IP--GW--PSTN--modem--PC
>