Subject: Notify and Modify on OOS Termination

From: Chanchal Hassija <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:56:40 +0530

Hello,

Please clarify the following regarding validity of commands on OOS
(out-of-service) termination.

a) Is it possible for MG to detect events and hence generate NOTIFY on an OOS
(Out of Service) termination ?

b) Also, it has not been stated clearly in the protocol as to whether MG should
apply MODIFY command to an OOS termination or it should generate a Protocol
Error.

Thanks for your time.
Chanchal

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:30:07 -0400

>apply MODIFY command to an OOS termination or it should generate a Protocol
I'd say it is generally okay, and won't generate an error unless the actual
request that is being made can't be done (that is, if the MG in fact can
detect the event, then why not allow it to do so?).

Thus the PROTOCOL should not prohibit it, but an implementation might,
or more likely, would under some circumstances.

The MGC would have to be prepared to get an error if the MG couldn't do
what was asked.

Of course it doesn't make much sense to me WHY you would want to do this,
but I don't see any reason to prohibit you from trying :)

Brian