Subject: Megaco/H.323 interworking

From: "Mackey, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 06:19:55 -0400

Hi,
    I wonder if somebody could help me, I have a question about Interworking
Megaco/SDP and H.323. In FastStart a sequence of Open Logical Channels are
sent as part of a FastStart Element in a H.225.0 Setup. Each of these OLC's
has a forwardLogicalChannelNumber. Those that correspond to a channel from
the called to the calling endpoint can be ignored (as they are reassigned by
the called endpoint). Those that correspond to a channel from the calling to
the called must be stored and returned in the FastStart response with the
appropriate Open Logical Channel to indicate acceptance of that channel.

    If we assume one Sdp Descriptor for each Open Logical Channel is sent
from an MGC to an MG, and the MG returns a subset of these descriptors ...
there is no easy way to quickly correlate the returned Sdp descriptors with
the original Open Logical Channels. My initial thought was that maybe the
session description (s=) line might be used .... Has anybody else
encountered this problem ?

Michael Mackey,
Marconi Communications,
Tel: +353 1 6638407
- www.marconi.com <http://www.marconi.com/>  -