Subject: Manipulating and Auditing Context Attributes.

From: Nitin Jain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:12:07 -0700

Hi,

The section 8 of RFC 2885, specifies that "Transactions guarantee
ordered
Command processing. That is, Commands within a Transaction are executed
sequentially."

However, in section 7.2.9 the RFC says...
"If a MG receives an action which contains both a request to audit
 context attributes and a request to manipulate those attributes, the
 response SHALL include the values of the attributes after processing
 the manipulation request."

Does that mean that the gateway has to order the commands in an action
and process the audits at the very end?

In my opinion, it is the responsibility of the gateway controller to
send the commands in the order as it desires the response. If the audit
command is before the modify, the gateway should return the value before
modifying that attribute.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Nitin Jain