Subject: Duplicate Modify

From: Sachin Mittal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 14:25:20 +0530

If a Modify with Signals descriptor is repeated with a new transactionId,
is it a NOP from MGC ?

It looks like that even though the end state (after command execution) of
MG is same as that before command execution, the same signals will
be stopped and then restarted on MG (keepactive flag is absent).
Thus this is not a NOP.

If the defintion of NOP is that the state of MG should not change
after execution of command, then ALL audits will be NOPs. Other examples:
ADD command failure is a NOP.

Sachin

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 16:01:16 -0400

No, the signal starts again, so it is not a NOP.

There are lots of NOPs.  If you want to call anything that doesn't
change state as a NOP, fine.  I'd use a different definition,
but I can't see that it matters.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sachin Mittal [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2000 4:55 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Duplicate Modify

Sachin