Subject: ADD TermID = $

From: Chanchal Hassija <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:49:26 +0530

Hello,

Sorry about regenerating a thread on an old discussion. But do we have a
      consensus on this that

ADD TermID = $ means that ADD is for an ephemeral termination since the protocol
      also says in 7.2.1

" For a termination that does not yet exist, TerminationID is specified as
      CHOOSE in the ADD command"

And TermID=$ is the only way in which MGC can specify an Ephemeral Term in ADD
      command. Because it is the responsibility of MG to allocate a name for
      ephemeral term.

Thanks for your time

Chanchal...

---

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:24:19 +0100

Chanchal,

I don't think that it is as simple as that.  If I have and ADD $ and the
parameters of the command apply to a TDM termination (e.g. because the
TDM circuit package is used), then the MG should get a TDM termination
from the NULL context rather than creating an ephemeral.

It seems to me that the current text in 7.2.1 is overly restrictive in
the use of CHOOSE in Add commands.  See also the message that Christian
sent on implementors' guide additions for a change proposal.

Cheers,

John

--
John Segers                                  email: [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 303
Dept. Forward Looking Work                      phone: +31 35 687 4724
P.O. Box 18, 1270 AA  Huizen                      fax: +31 35 687 5954

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 06:14:20 +1100

Hello Chanchal,

You can also add a ephemeral TermID = a/b/?

Christian