Subject: EventBuffer alogorithm

From: Nurit Shenhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 12:23:40 +0200

Hi

I am not sure I understood correclly the logic of the EventBuffer. Here is
my understanding:

We have two lists: One is the RequestedEvents list, and the other is the
EventBufferDescriptor list, Both contain list of events, and we are In a
LockStep situation.

When we get the first event, it is compared against the RequestedEvents
list. If it is found there:
(option one)
It is compared against the list of events in the EventBufferDescriptor and
buffered if found or discarded if not found.
(option two)
It is notified.
(option three)
It is buffered.

Now we get another event, and:
(Option one)
It is compared against the two lists.
(Option two)
It is compared only against the EventBuffer descriptor.

Now we have a list of events buffered and we get a new EventsDescriptor.
According to section 7.1.9 case 1, we send a notify for the first event in
the buffer that matches an event in the RequestedEvent, remove it from the
buffer and continue the buffering.

And another point: What happens if we get a new EventBuffer descriptor?

Best regards

Nurit Shenhar
AudioCodes Ltd.
Direct: +972-3-539-4155
Tel:     +972-3-539-4000
Fax:    +972-3-539-4040
email:  [email-masked]

web:    <http://www.audiocodes.com>

---

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 18:05:24 +0100

Nurit,

I went and had a look at the text and tried to write it down clearly.
The result of this you can find in the attached MS Word document.  I
hope that this format does not inconvenience anyone.

Cheers,

John

--
John Segers                                  email: [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 303
Dept. Forward Looking Work                      phone: +31 35 687 4724
P.O. Box 18, 1270 AA  Huizen                      fax: +31 35 687 5954