Subject: Change of local UDP port in a Move.

From: Nitin Jain <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 15:19:27 -0800

Hi,

In certain implementation's of MG a MOVE may result is a different UDP
port number and possibly a different IP-address for the local descriptor.
Can the MG send local descriptor, with new UDP port number and IP-address ,
in the reply to a Move command by the MGC, so that the remote descriptor
on the other end can be modified.

Thanks in advance.
Nitin Jain

---

From: "Taylor, Tom-PT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 18:27:18 -0500

I assume you ask that in the context that the Move command did not itself
specify a local descriptor.  I would say the answer is "yes", based on the
priciple that the reply to a command should indicate all of its
consequences.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Nitin Jain [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 6:19 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Change of local UDP port in a Move.
>
>
> Hi,
>

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:07:41 -0500

Wow.

I don't think the MG could send an unrequested media descriptor.
I also think that this is going to be problematic for some, but
not all MGCs, so I would caution implementations who plan such
designs, but it sure should be allowed.  Took me a while to figure
out how you would design such an MG, but I guess you could, among
other things, have to have contexts which have certain physical
terminations end up with ephemerals on one network interface,
but if the ephemeral was moved to a context with a different
physical termination, the network interface had to move.

We might want to think of a package that contains some properties
that indicate when such a thing is possible.  Then the MGC could
include an audit or resend of media when doing a Move when such
a circumstance is possible.

Brian

> From: Nitin Jain [mailto:[email-masked]]