Subject: Problem with syntax of auditOther

From: "Brown, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:43:28 -0500

Came across a discrepancy between the text description and the ABNF for
auditOther construction.

In the text of section 7.2.5 on AuditValue, the following can be found:

"Specifying an empty Audit Descriptor results in only the TerminationID
being returned."

In the syntax in Annex B, this would be achieved by using the auditOther
construction. However, the syntax is:

   auditOther           = EQUAL TerminationID LBRKT  terminationAudit
RBRKT

In order to return only the TerminationID, the syntax should be:

   auditOther           = EQUAL TerminationID [ LBRKT  terminationAudit
RBRKT ]

The optionality is shown correctly in the ASN.1 syntax. This needs to be
added to the implementor's guide.

Michael

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 07:04:05 +1100

G'Day Mike,

Certainly seems like an inconsistency. I'll add it to the implementors
guide addition document which i'll record against the approved
implementors' guide.

Cheers, Christian