Subject: Services Sate

From: Sandeep Gautam <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:15:40 +0530

Hi,
According to 6.2.4
"If not provisioned otherwise, all    descriptors except TerminationState and
LocalControl default to    empty/"no value" when a Termination is first created
or returned to    the null Context.  The default contents of the two exceptions
are    described in sections 7.1.5 and 7.1.7. "
Sec 7.1.5 says the default value of Services state is "in service"

Does this mean that the default value of "in service" is restored for Services
State, whenever a termination is subtracted?

Suppose a terination was in context and a forced Service Change occured ( say MG
generated it due to a physical card being pullled out/failing). The state
becomes immediately OOS.
It is also said that a subtract should be honored in OOS state.
A subtract comes subsequently ( for context clearing) and MG should now restore
the Services State to default value i.e. "in service". Isnt this somewhat
awkward? MG or MGC indicated that some termination went OOS , and a subsequent
subtract (for context clearing) brought it "in service"!

Is this the intended behaviour?

Thanx and regards,
Sandy G
PS: what is the default value of Events Buffer Control Property?