Subject: choosing of parameter value and audit

From: Sandeep Gautam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:24:28 +0530

Hi,
The text says that if some value ( lets say signal parameter value) is chosen by
MG  ( lets say it was overspecified) , then the descriptor should be returned in
reply with the resolved value.
What does it mean? Do we have to return the entire descriptor, or just the
parameter value that was changed?

Further , suppose an audit descriptor with a token for the affected descriptor (
lets say signal token) is present in the same command after the affected
descriptor(say SD) . Does the population of SD as return parameter in response (
due to choose resolution) to MGC, gets overwritten by the audit  information at
the time of audit descriptor processing?
 { We might have resolved the value of a brief signal and by the time we reach
audit descriptor processing, the brief signal might not  be active on the
termination. Further, some event detection might have caused invocation of
embedded SD replacing the processed SD.}

Also, if audit descriptor ( with signal token) was present before signal
descriptor, we should send to MGC a list of signals that were playing before the
next-in-sequence SD was processed. What  happens when subsequently a value is
resolved while doing SD processing. Do we overwrite the return SD due to audit
descriptor processing?

Thanx and regards,
Sandy G