Subject: Implementation guide issues

From: "Tulpule, Naren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:40:15 -0800

Hi,
  I have a couple of questions about the implementation guide. Any
clarification is appreciated.
1. In 6.46 allowing pkgdName syntax for modem properties. What package names
are we expecting here? If they are one of annex E packages or other publicly
available packages such as NAS shouldn't the package definitions include
"property parameters for modems" section? What syntactic/semantic
convenience does it offer to have pkgdName instead of a plain NAME here?
2. In 7.3 the last example shows a wildcard response for Audit. Presumably
this also applies to Subtract reply. But the current ABNF does not show that
"commandReplys" maybe preceded by "W-". (Or do you want to split ammsReply
into ammReply and subReply, and allow W- only for subReply and auditReply?)

-- Naren.
These views and opinions are mine alone, not those of Intel    (yet ;-)
Narendra C. Tulpule SMTS, Trillium (an Intel company)
Ph: +1-310-442-9222              Fax: +1-310-442-1162
12100 Wilshire Bl #1800         Los Angeles, CA 90025

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 01:40:57 +1100

G'Day,

Please see my response [CHG] below.

Cheers, Christian

> convenience does it offer to have pkgdName instead of a plain NAME here?
[CHG] This correction aligned the ABNF and the ASN1. Packages could
define property parameters for modems. There's nothing stopping them.
The convenience is that the NAME is qualified by a package ID making it
unique. If you didn't have this you run into name space problems.

> into ammReply and subReply, and allow W- only for subReply and auditReply?)
[CHG] There is a correction in the implementors' guide which fixes this
inconsistency between the ASN1 and the ABNF.