Subject: Use of CHOOSE

From: Dan Elbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:50:36 -0500

Can more than one CHOOSE termination id be used in an action?
Foe example:

Context = $ {
          Add = A4444{},
          Add = $ {},
            Add = $ {}
        }

If this is the case, seems like we can have some ambiguity, for example if
we have a topology descriptor in the action using the A4444 and $, how can
we know to what $ refers ?

Dan Elbert
RADVISION

---

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:21:22 +0100

Dan,

See section 7.1.18 of the spec, below the two bullet lists:

"The CHOOSE wildcard in a topology descriptor matches the TerminatinID
that the MG assigns in the first Add command that uses a CHOOSE wildcard
in the same action."         ^^^^^

If you want to use this functionality, the order of creation of the
terminations is important!

Cheers,

John

--
John Segers                                  email: [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 303
Dept. Forward Looking Work                      phone: +31 35 687 4724
P.O. Box 18, 1270 AA  Huizen                      fax: +31 35 687 5954