Subject: deafault value of mode

From: Sandeep Gautam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:16:58 +0530

Hi,
What is the default value of mode? Can it be provisioned at the MG?

The text in 7.1.7 says "A new setting of the LocalControl Descriptor completely
replaces the    previous setting of that descriptor in the MG.  "
Does this mean that if no mode is specified in subsequent commands from MGC in
the Local Control Descriptor then the mode specified earlier becomes invalid?
If we take the exapmle of Automatic Gain, then if some LCD contained ec/gain = 2
and a subsequent LCD does not contain ec/gain, then the MG is supposed to forget
this value " If the MGC wishes to delete some    information from the existing
descriptor, it merely resends the    descriptor (in a Modify command) with the
unwanted information    stripped out. "
What does forgetting the previous value set by MGC mea? Does it mean that the
value of Gain reverts to the value as provisioned at MGC (say automatic)?

Does the same logic apply to mode? If mode is not specified in a subsequent LCD
and the provisioned value for mode at MG is inactive, will we make the mode
inactive;-)
what happens on subtract?
Thanx and Regards,
Sandy G