Subject: Megaco and universal signalling

From: Glauco Bigini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:00:42 +0100

Anyone please help me!

How do MGCs communicate between each other? Is there a standard protocol for
inter-MGC communication? The Megaco protocol has been designed for the
control of Media Gateways, can it be used for signalling between different
network?

A GREAT question: an ipothetic MGC cloud can be used as a core for Internet
telephony signalling (an Internet-version of SS7)?
I mean: any SIP, H323, SS7 network connected via Media Gateways and
Signalling Gateways to a global MGC cloud that does signalling and MG
connection via RTP(or another similar protocol)??

If not, what is(are) the main reason(s) why this would not eventually work?

thanks to everyone..
=========================
Bigini Glauco
CEFRIEL
Network Systems Area
[email-masked]
=========================