Subject: Representation of multiple packetizations in SDP

From: "Cromwell, David [NCRTP:B933:EXCHANGE]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:58:39 -0500

Section 7.1.8, Local and Remote Descriptors, of RFC 2885 (August 2000),
describes multiple session descriptions being provided in a descriptor.
It's clear from the examples that a session description per codec is the
standard.  However, in the case where you have multiple packetizations per
codec would you have one packetization per v= block or multiple attribute
lines on one v= block?  Would it depend on whether or not one packetization
was preferred over another?

I haven't looked at the Implementation Guide recently, but if we don't
already have a section on SDP conventions for H.248 I'd like to see one.
The lack of specification of SDP and LCO conventions in MGCP has, in my
experience, resulted in interoperability problems.

David
--
[email-masked]                   Nortel Networks Cable
Telephony Solutions, Inc.
Tel:   919-991-8870  (esn 351)                     35 Davis Dr
Fax:  919-991-4088                                    RTP, NC 27709