Subject: use of CHOOSE

From: "Griffeth, Nancy D (Nancy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:24:40 -0500

John,

We are also having some trouble with the use of CHOOSE.  If an Add command
gives
the properties of a TDM, how do we know to use a termination NULL context?
Maybe that's
a no-brainer, but it seems more difficult in the general case - how do we
determine,
given set of properties in an Add command, that the termination for a
wildcarded ID
should be ephemeral as opposed to using an existing one in the NULL context?

Nancy

---

From: John Segers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:30:04 +0100

Nancy,

Normally I would expect naming hierarchies where the first level in the
hierarchy identifies the class of the termination.  And I would expect
that MGCs use Add commands with partially specified names, e.g.
Add=TDMC/$, or Add=RTP/$.

When the MG has to resolve Add=$, then it's really parameters that
determine what kind of termination is needed.  I don't believe that the
spec describes a procedure for the case that multiple kinds of
terminations match.  This means that the MG can really go ahead and
choose one.  Do we need an additional implementors' guide entry?

Cheers,

John

--
John Segers                                  email: [email-masked]
Lucent Technologies                                        Room HE 303
Dept. Forward Looking Work                      phone: +31 35 687 4724
P.O. Box 18, 1270 AA  Huizen                      fax: +31 35 687 5954