Subject: Use of MID: Implementors Guide Issue

From: "Kaul, Bharat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:04:45 -0800

Hi Christian/list,
Last year around July-August in our discussions on the mailing list, we had
come to the conclusion that any MG establishing a control association with
the MGC will keep its MID unique in all messages during the lifetime of the
control association. This approach enables identification of VIRTUAL MGs
uniquely and unambiguously.  Also, the port number part of MID is just an
additional tag for identification and does not have any other significance.
However,  I have not seen any mention of this in the implementors guide
(unless I overlooked). Can we please make sure it is there ?
- Thanks
  Bharat

REFERENCE MAILS FOR DISCUSSION:
Subject as "TCP as transport".
Subject as "TCP transport /ServiceChange Command"
Subject as "MG Service Change w.r.t. TCP as transport"
Subject as "MG Service Change w.r.t. TCP as transport"
Subject as "Virtual MGs and MID"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------
Bharat Kaul;                             mailto:[email-masked]

Trillium Digital Systems Inc.   (An Intel Company)
12100 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 90025.
Phone: +1-310-481-5515
Fax:     +1-310-442-1162
http://www.trillium.com