Subject: Average Transmission Delay

From: peter fraser <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:26:40 -0500

When a call is finished, MGCP wants RTCP to send some transmission
statistics, one of which is "average transmission delay".  If the NTP
"wall clock" is not synchronized (making the NTP timestamps unusable for
calculating transmission transit times), RFC 2705 says "the latency
value can be computed as one half of the round trip delay, as measured
through RTCP".

   I don't get how RTCP computes this round trip delay.

   Can anyone clue me in?

   thanks    PHF

---

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:23:43 -0500

RFC 1889 describes this process in sections 6.3.1 and 6.3.2.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: peter fraser [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 3:27 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [MEGACO] Average Transmission Delay
>
>