Subject: confusion

From: Matt Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:47:53 -0600

RFC 3015 doesnt seem to include all the requirements outlined in RFC2805.
Specifically the Speech Recoginition Module, in 2805 this is outlined in the
Application-Specific-Requirements section.
Does this mean we cant expect a defined package for this speech recognition
module, and must code a proprietary package to be used.  ( or extend one of
the currently defined packages )

I would have thought that H.248 would define the necessary packages to do
speech recognition in a non-proprietary way.  Could anyone explain, or point
me in the direction of links, etc... that would clear this confusion up.

Thanks,
Matt

From RFC 3015:

Abstract
............
The protocol presented in this document meets the requirements for a media
gateway control protocol as presented in RFC 2805.

****But it leaves this out from 2805***

From RFC 2805
11.2.8.4. Speech Recognition Module The speech recognition module can be
used for a number of speech recognition applications, such as:
- Limited Vocabulary Isolated Speech Recognition (e.g., "yes", "no", the
number "four"),
 - Limited Vocabulary Continuous Speech Feature Recognition (e.g., the
utterance "four hundred twenty-three dollars"),and/or
- Continuous Speech Recognition (e.g., unconstrained speech recognition
tasks).
and so on, and so forth.......