Subject: Extension in ServiceChange

From: Alan Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:22:18 -0500

OK,

Here is an interesting one. For the extension value in ServiceChange, if I
read my spec correctly it's syntax would be:

extension            = extensionParameter parmValue

extensionParameter   = "X"  ("-" / "+") 1*6(ALPHA / DIGIT)

parmValue            = (EQUAL alternativeValue/ INEQUAL VALUE)

alternativeValue     = ( VALUE
                          / LSBRKT VALUE *(COMMA VALUE) RSBRKT
                            ; sublist (i.e. A AND B AND ...)
                          / LBRKT VALUE *(COMMA VALUE) RBRKT
                            ; alternatives (i.e. A OR B OR ...)
                          / LSBRKT VALUE COLON VALUE RSBRKT )
                            ; range

So would this mean that I have to create Extension "name" and the create a
parameter and a value. Such as:

X+HARDTY = {"Magic Mambo Hardware"}

Correct ?!?!??!?!?

Cheers,
Alan Whitton

---

From: Troy Cauble <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:57:09 -0500

> X+HARDTY = {"Magic Mambo Hardware"}

My first reaction was to point out that braces are not needed
for a single VALUE.  Then I realized that the protocol
seems to allow

X+FOO = BAR
X+FOO = { BAR }
X+FOO = [ BAR ]

Logic suggests that these are all equivalent.
So it looks OK.

-troy