Subject: errors in embedded events descriptor

From: Dan Elbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:08:00 -0500

Hi All

Let's say that we apply an embedded events descriptor in the MG which causes
an error (for example an unsupported event is requested, or an off-hook is
requested and the phone is already off-hook). How can the error be reported
back to the MGC ? Seems like in this case the embedded event is not
associated with any transaction and there is no way to generate an error
reply.
What should be done in this case ?

Dan Elbert
RADVISION

---

From: Madhubabu Brahmanapally <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:54:08 -0500

Dan,
I'm not sure about other events but the "strict" parameter of off hook and
on hook will be helpful in your case. If the event is not supported by given
MG, error codes are present to take care the rest. The discussion with
subject "Command Atomicity and Rollback", Dated 25 Apr 2000  needs to be
revisited for protocol defined behavior of MG in many such scenarios.
Regards.
-Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: Media Gateway Control (megaco)
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Dan Elbert
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 12:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: errors in embedded events descriptor

Hi All

Dan Elbert
RADVISION