Subject: mediaParm/streamParm question

From: Troy Cauble <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:48:20 -0500

I believe the "at-most-once" comment above the mediaParm construct
should not apply to streamParm or streamDescriptor.  Can someone
confirm this?

   mediaDescriptor = MediaToken LBRKT mediaParm *(COMMA mediaParm)
                        RBRKT

   ; at-most-once per item
   ; and either streamParm or streamDescriptor but not both
   mediaParm            = (streamParm / streamDescriptor /
                           terminationStateDescriptor)

   ; at-most-once
   streamParm           = ( localDescriptor / remoteDescriptor /
                           localControlDescriptor )

The corresponding ASN.1 contstruct allows a SEQUENCE of StreamDescriptors
or a single StreamParms, which contains 3 optional descriptors (local,
remote, and localControl).

-troy

---

From: Madhubabu Brahmanapally <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:33:22 -0500

hi Troy,
I think the intention is similar to what we have for the "localParm". In
that case the propertyParm infact can appear multiple times for multiple
properties. Similar way it sounds good for the case of StreamDescriptor for
different streams.
Best Regards.
-Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: Media Gateway Control (megaco)
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Troy Cauble
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 1:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: mediaParm/streamParm question

   ; at-most-once per item

   ; at-most-once

-troy