Subject: Announcement Packages

From: Albert Frankovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:46:39 -0600

Hello,

I am looking for packages that have the following announcement
capabilities:

1. Play a fixed announcement.
2. Play a sequence of fixed announcements.
3. Play a sequence of announcement that include
variable parts (digits/numbers, date & time, currency ...)
4. Prompting which can or cannot be interrupted by the subscriber.
5. Recording announcement by the subscriber.

None of the current packages appear to have prompting or recording
capabilities.  These use to be in the Advanced Audio Package
<draft-cromwell-megaco-advanced-audio-pkg-00.txt>.
Will there be a package in the near future that will support these
capabilities.

Thanks,

Al

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:31:05 +1100

G'Day Albert,

1,2,3,4 can already be supported by Annex K. You need to use the actual
H.248 protocol capabilities to do this. ie. use a signal list to play a
sequence of fixed announcements.

5 would probably warrant a new package.

Cheers, Christian