Subject: Terminations in the NULL context

From: Albert Frankovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:51:24 -0600

Hello,

I have a question concerning the difference in wording between RFC2885
and RFC3015.

In RFC2885 paragraph 6.2.4 they mention :
Terminations have properties.  The properties have unique
   PropertyIDs.  Most properties have default values.  When a
   Termination is created, properties get their default values, unless
   the controller specifically sets a different value.  The default
   value of a property of a physical Termination can be changed by
   setting it to a different value when the Termination is in the null
   Context.  Every time such a Termination returns to the null Context,
   the values of its properties are reset to this default value.

In RFC3015 paragraph 6.2.4 they mention :
  Terminations have properties.  The properties have unique
   PropertyIDs.  Most properties have default values, which are
   explicitly defined in this standard or in a package (see Section 12)
   or set by provisioning.  If not provisioned otherwise, all
   descriptors except TerminationState and LocalControl default to
   empty/"no value" when a Termination is first created or returned to
   the null Context.  The default contents of the two exceptions are
   described in sections 7.1.5 and 7.1.7.

Based on this change in wording it is not clear whether it is possible
for
the controller to set the default value of a termination when it is in
the
null context and have it reset to the default value when returned to the
null context.

In RFC3015 is it still possible to program termination property default
values
in the null context?
Based on the example in Appendix A.1.1 step 3 the answer would appear to
be yes.

Thank you,

Al

---

From: Madhubabu Brahmanapally <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:00:37 -0500

HI Albert,

It is still possible to modify termination property default values in the
null context, As shown in the example. But this change is VOLATILE. once the
termination is added to context and subtracted, the value will lost.
Regards.
Madhubabu.

-----Original Message-----
From: Media Gateway Control (megaco)
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Albert
Frankovich
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 2:51 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Terminations in the NULL context

Hello,

Thank you,

Al