Subject: SDP specification in Megaco messages

From: Lee Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:20:25 -0500

Hi all,

Section 7.1.8 of H.248 indicates that the Local and Remote descriptors  may
be underspecified, fully specified, or overspecified.

Annex B indicates that RFC2327 is used to define the ABNF for octectString
which is part of the above mentioned descriptors.

There is a comment in A after message 12 (bottom of page 170 of RFC 3015)
that states-

     The MGC state its preferred parameter values as a series of SDP
     blocks in Local.

How do you encode a Local/Remote descriptor that is over specified?  Is it
done with multiple SDP blocks within a single Local/Remote Descriptor?  This
seems to be hinted at, but is not crystal clear to me.

Or is it done by some other means?  I remember seeing a suggestion that this
could be done in a comma seperated list contained within curly braces..
e.g., {0, 4}

Or is it a combination of the two?

Thanks,
Lee