Subject: Re: ANSI 102- 108-, etc-type tests with H.248

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:35:26 -0500

It doesn't seem like you ever got a reply.  We at Nortel are interested in creating the necessary packages.  I've asked Allan Whitton
to get in touch with you.

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 20:24:57 -0800, Ilya Akramovich <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I remember that there was a discussion a while ago between (mostly)
>Brian and Tom about how to support ANSI test lines with H.248. To
>refresh everybody's memory, I'm talking about 102- (milliwatt), 108-
>(digital noninverting loopback) and, most importantly, 105-type
>(automatic transmission measuring system) tests.
>
>If my memory serves me, the options that were discussed were:
>        1. To add more states to the Termination State descriptor.
>        2. To create the new Termination Class "Test" that could be
>programmed for various tests. Then a test can be initiated by placing
>a DS0 termination into the "Test" state and adding it to a context
>with this special "Test" termination.
>        3. To create a separate "Test" package(s) with their own signals and
>events, which can then be applied to the termination under test.
>
>While #2 appeared to be the most intuitive and the closest to the way
>it is usually implemented, it looked like several people inclined
>towards #3.  Then, as far as I remember, the subject was dropped "for
>further study" due to the lack of interest and lack of time at that
>time.
>
>I'd like to get back to that subject and see if there has been any
>progress and/or resolution on that. Is anybody still interested in
>support for those kinds of tests?
>
>Sincerely,
>--
>Ilya Akramovich                    Tel: +1 (510) 747-2926
>Sr. Software Engineer              mailto:[email-masked]
>Lucent InterNetworking Systems     http://www.lucent.com/ins