Subject: RFC 3054 on Megaco IP Phone Media GW Application Profile

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:11:05 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3054

        Title:      Megaco IP Phone Media Gateway Application Profile
        Author(s):  P. Blatherwick, R. Bell, P. Holland
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 31971
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3054.txt

This document specifies a particular application of the Megaco/H.248
Protocol for control of Internet telephones and similar appliances:
the Megaco IP Phone Media Gateway.  The telephone itself is a Media
Gateway (MG), controlled by the Megaco/H.248 Protocol, with
application control intelligence located in the Media Gateway
Controller (MGC).  To achieve a high degree of interoperability and
design efficiency in such end-user devices, a consistent architectural
approach, a particular organization of Terminations and Packages, and
a Protocol Profile are described.  The approach makes use of existing
Protocol features and user interface related Packages, and is thus a
straight-forward application of the Megaco/H.248 Protocol.

This document is a product of the Media Gateway Control Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.