Subject: Audit Questions

From: Dan Elbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 12:02:14 -0500

Hi All
Some questions about the use of Audit:
1. In the description of the AuditValue command, a SignalDescriptor appears
as a possible return argument, but there is no explanation of what is the
meaning of auditing signals . Is this an omission or shouldn't signals be
audited in AuditValue ?

2. For the AuditCapabilites command, it is defined that
"ObservedEventsDescriptor returns the names of active events on the
termination"
can somebody explain what are active events ? Is this the same information
returned in the AuditValue (list of events in the EventBuffer) and in this
case is the digitmap completion event required ? I don't see how this
relates to capabilities.

Thanks ,

Dan Elbert

---

From: Madhu Babu Brahmanapally <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 12:25:31 -0500

hi Elbert,
1) The first statement in section "7.2.5" says that "The AuditValue Command
returns the current values of properties,
   events, signals and statistics associated with Terminations". MG should
return the current signals that are active on the termination.
2) According to my understanding observed event descriptor is basically the
one used by MG to report whatever is observed on the termination. But in
Audit capabilities since MGC is interested in knowing the capabilities of
MG. Observed event descriptor which actually is meant for reporting events,
in the context of Audit capabilities indicate the capability of what events
can be "observed" on the given termination.

Best Regards.
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: Media Gateway Control (megaco)
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Dan Elbert
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 12:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Audit Questions

Hi All

Thanks ,

Dan Elbert