Subject: List Maintenance

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:10:54 -0500

The Megaco list is now very stable.  I have removed a number of
addresses from the list without being asked:

  - there were a few accounts that remained over-quota at sites like
    excite and yahoo for over a week.  I left them that long because
    the prior problems could have been responsible for the quota
    problem!  A week of bounces is enough, and they are gone

  - there were a few routing problems, too many hops, unreachable
    addresses, etc.  I pruned them all.  I don't know if the Nortel
    server was more forgiving then mine, but if your email system
    complained, your subscription is gone

  - there was a few addresses that were forwarded to bad accounts
    they are gone.  Those took me a while to find!

There has been a large number of voluntary unsubscribes.  The list
may be below 1000 subscribers, but I doubt it!

Anyway, if some of your friends are missing their dose of megaco
mail, they probably have to resubscribe.

Brian