Subject: Questions about Annex L

From: "Griffeth, Nancy D (Nancy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:55:43 -0500

Folks,

I'm trying to come up with test cases that will generate the errors in Annex
L, but I'm not always sure
what the errors are.  Here are my questions:

In general:

When the error description says a command is "disregarded", does that mean
to go
on processing subsequent commands even if the command was not optional?

Error 401, "Protocol error": Does this happen when a transaction is out of
order or inappropriate, like
a TransactionReply without a corresponding TransactionRequest?  Could it
mean an inappropriate command,
like subtracting a termination from a context that it's not in?

Error 402, "unauthorized":
This doesn't mean what I think it should mean, but that may be my problem.
Here's my (probably faulty) reasoning:
1) The description in Annex L says the originator of the message is not
authorized to perform the command on a
termination.
2) The position of this error in the list suggests it should apply to the
whole message, not to one command.
3) There's another error code, 504, that's not used but addresses
unauthorized originators of commands on a termination.
4) There isn't an error code for an incorrect authorization header, which
also seems necessary.
Perhaps 402 should mean an incorrect authorization header, and use 504 for
originator not authorized for command?

In error 443, what's the "commandID" that's supposed to be included in the
error text?  Would it be the
command token (e.g., "Edit" or "ED" doesn't correspond to any command)?
Could this error occur in the
BER encoding?  Given the way the commands are defined in ASN.1, it seems
like the encoding step would
prevent it from happening.  But if it did, what would be the commandID?  The
BER-encoded id would not seem
to be useful in an error message.

In error 446, what does "parameter" mean?  I see two possible sources of
parameters: one is the
descriptors, described in the ABNF syntax as "ammParameter" and the other is
parameters of events and
signals in the packages.  If it means the former, how does this differ from
error 444?  If the latter, why isn't
it in sequence with 450-455?

Error 453: The statisticsDescriptor is never sent to the MG; the MG sends it
to the MGC.  So, wouldn't this
error appear only in the MGC->MG direction.

Error 454: Seems to be a missing "not"

Error 455: Should it refer to a "property" rather than a "parameter"?   Or
"propertyParm"?

Error 456: What is a parameter in a descriptor?  I'm still confused about
how the term "parameter" is being used.

Nancy Griffeth

---

From: Yien-Chang Liao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 15:08:12 +0800

Dear:
    when we want to set a context as emergency in text format, we use

Context = 111 {
    Emergency
}

but when we want to unset it, how can we do?

in ABNF, it can't be unset
contextPrperty = (topologyDescriptor / priority / EmergencyToken)

but in ASN.1, it can be unset
contextRequest ::= SEQUENCE
{
    ...
    emergency    BOOLEAN OPTIONAL
    ...
}

Yien-Chang Liao (3P)
CCL/ITRI/K200