Subject: Error Code Changes In Draft Annex L

From: Tom-PT Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 12:49:47 -0500

Draft H.248 Annex L can be found at
ftp://standards.nortelnetworks.com/megaco/docs/Current/ITU-SG16/

The editor (Christian Groves) has proposed changes to IANA registration for
Megaco/H.248 error codes as follows:

400: change from "Bad Request" to "Syntax error in message"

403: Add the word "request", so description reads "Syntax error in
transaction request"

441: Add the phrase "or local", so the description reads: "Missing Remote or
Local Descriptor"

443: Add the phrase "Unsupported or", so the description reads "Unsupported
or unknown command"

500: change from "Internal Gateway Error" to "Internal software Failure in
MG"

505: change from "Command Received before Restart Response" to "Transaction
Request Received before a ServiceChange"

520: change from "Media Gateway does not have a digit map" to "Digit Map
undefined in the MG"

529: change from "Internal hardware failure" to "Internal hardware failure
in MG"

Moreover, the following additional codes are proposed:
434 - Max number of Terminations in a Context exceeded
457 - Missing parameter in signal or event

Does anyone have concerns with any of these proposed changes?

Tom Taylor
Multimedia Control and Applications Standards
Ph.  +1 613 736 0961
Cell +1 613 290 0844
[email-masked]