Subject: RE: ImmAckRequired

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:44:15 -0500

I'm confused:

> 2. One may argue that since the final response been generated 
> after the
> transaction pending, so the sending entity would gaurantee 
> the generation
> ResponseACK once the final reply is followed by pending. 
> However, it is to be
> kept in mind that IP transport being a "best effort" delivery 
> shall not
> gaurantee the ordered delivery of transaction pending and the 
> final transaction
> reply and they may be received out of order. In this case, 
> sending entity is
> not going to generate the ResponseACK. To take care of this, 
> IA token is
> required.

Upon receipt of the final response, the sending entity will generate
an ACK.  If it subsequently gets a Pend, it will discard it.  
What is the problem?