Subject: Disappearing contexts in multi-party calling scenarios

From: Martin Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:02:36 -0800

With some multi-party calling scenarios it seems that there's a problem
arising from the requirement that contexts are deleted implicitly when the
last remaining termination is subtracted or moved out.  Here's an example.

Subscribers A and B are enabled to use a Call Transfer feature.  A calls B
and B answers.  Terminations A and B are moved into context 1.  A decides to
transfer the call to C, so A hookflashes and is moved into context 2 while
he attempts to reach C.  Meanwhile, B decides to transfer the call to D, so
B hookflashes and is moved into context 3 while he attempts to reach D.  It
turns out that both C and D are busy.  So both A and B hookflash in order to
return to their original call.  Trouble is, context 1 will have been deleted
because all terminations were moved out of it, so the MGC will receive error
411 "The transaction refers to an unknown ContextId" when it tries to do
this.

Is there a "correct" way to deal with this situation?  Or should we conclude
that in this rather Byzantine example, it is just tough luck on A and B that
their original call was lost?

Martin

========================
Martin Taylor
CopperCom
3651 FAU Boulevard, Suite 300
Boca Raton, FL 33431
561 239 6694

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 16:41:23 -0500

The terminations don't move into new contexts all by themselves -- the MG moves
them in response to commands from the MGC.  The MGC should therefore be aware of
the current state of the contexts and act accordingly.  In your example, that
means leaving one of the terminations where it is and moving the other to join
it.