Subject: Re: Recording package

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:18:08 -0500

Recording is defined in Annex M, a more advanced package.  What do you mean by conferencing?

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001 16:29:46 -0800, Tang He <[email-masked]> wrote:

>There is announcement package defined in the H.248 annex k. But I cannot
>find any package defined for recording and conference. Without these kinds
>of packages defined, I wonder how the H.248 can be used as protocol to
>control media server that normally has recording resources. Any information
>on that?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tang
>
>
>

---

From: Tang He <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 16:01:01 -0800

What I mean about conferencing is that to do conference, you need resource,
just like doing play and record. How the MGC know if a termination can be
a conference bridge? Should there be some kinds of packages defined for
that?

Also where to get the Annex M? I cannot find it by searching on the
Internet.

Tang

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 23:18:27 -0500

Annex M is at ftp://standards.nortelnetworks.com/megaco/docs/Current/ITU-SG16/

You know if the MG has conference bridge capability by the maximimum number of
terminations it supports per context.  See the Base Root package, Annex E.2.