Subject: Returned Descriptors in Media

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:21:49 -0500

If you send a Media Descriptor with a local, localControl and Remote 
descriptors, but only use CHOOSE in the LocalDescriptor, 
what do you get back?

One implementer believes Media was specified with CHOOSE, 
therefore the entire contents of Media should be returned.  
I think only Local should be returned.

I would say, in the spirit of be strict in what you send,
liberal in what you accept, that you should only send
Local, but be prepared to receive all of Media.

Brian

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:20:40 -0500

Hi all,

When MGC generates Audit Value for Media descriptor on an ephemeral
termination, does the MG needs to send all the properities(both in
LocalControl and TerminationState)that are valid for the terminations, with
all the possible values?

Best Regards
Madhubabu

---

From: Chuong Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:51:07 -0600

There is no point in getting back the same info that one sends out.
It is a waste of bandwidth and having to parse through it.

But I agreed w/Brian last paragraph.

Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****