Subject: RE: RQNT questions

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:14:04 -0400

Madhubabu,

Thanks for your reply.  I am sorry for the confusion.  I mean the RQNT instead
of NQRT.

What you said does make sense.  But it does not mention in the spec. 2705 about
this.

Julia

"Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]> on 04/03/2001 11:45:05 AM

To:   "'Hong Liao'" <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Hong Liao/Telcordia)
Subject:  RE: NQRT questions

hi Hong,
I think you are addressing RQNT instead of NQRT. any how, The MG is supposed
to send only those events that the MGC/CA is interested in. Its not the CAs
responsibility to anticipate anything. but the MG should be implemented such
that it will only generate NTFY after it receives RQNT from the MGC/CA.
Regards
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Hong Liao
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 10:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: NQRT questions

Hi,

I have questions for the NQRT.

Does RGW have to wait the CA to send out NQRT before it sends out the NTFY?

I did not see from the spec 2705, which mentioned that the NTFY has to send
out
after it received a NQRT.  Also the cisco AG200 is implemented to send out
NTFY
after user off hook  without  NQRT from call agent.  So I think the Call
agent
needed to be implemented to accept either way.(get NTFY without  RQNT from
call
agent, or get NTFY after call agent sent out the NQRT).

Can anyone confirm my understanding?

Thanks in advance.

Julia