Subject: Clarification on Media Descriptor needed.

From: Steven Weisz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:32:09 -0400

Hi List,

I need some clarification regarding the Media Descriptor. Specifically in
section 7.1.4, paragraph 1 the protocol states:

  "The Media Descriptor specifies the parameters for all the media
   streams.  These parameters are structured into two descriptors, a
   Termination State Descriptor, which specifies the properties of a
   termination that are not stream dependent, and one or more Stream
   Descriptors each of which describes a single media stream."

This states that a Media Descriptor has one or more Stream Descriptors
associated with it. However, in the ABNF we have:

  "mediaDescriptor = MediaToken LBRKT mediaParm *(COMMA mediaParm)
                        RBRKT

   ; at-most-once per item
   ; and either streamParm or streamDescriptor but not both
   mediaParm            = (streamParm / streamDescriptor /
                           terminationStateDescriptor)"

Which to me seems to say that we have only one Stream Descriptor associated
with it (as indicated by the comment "; at-most-once per item".

Am I interpreting the ABNF correctly?

thanks,

Steven Weisz