Subject: Re: [RE: question on signal/event parameters]

From: Vikas Bajaj <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Apr 2001 09:47:34 MDT

Madhu,
   There is another possibility.The 
  MG has defaults provisioned for the signal parameters
  and uses those if the MGC does not specify them when 
  applying the signal.

  Rgds,

  Vikas Bajaj 

"Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi Marcello,
IMO the MG if supports a given signal/event should also support all the
possible parameters. All the observed event parameters needs to be used by
the MG while notifying any event. The MGC may not specify (as in your
example) all parameters pertained to a given signal.  For instance, the MGC
may say Play Tone with just one Tone, in which case the intersignal duration
is not significant and hence not specified. The IG say that  support should
be there for all signal and event parameters. Yes, its not mentioned whether
all the parameters are mandatory or whether some can be missed.

Regards
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Marcello
Pantaleo (EED)
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 6:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: question on signal/event parameters

Hi,

suppose a package defines a signal that has three signal parameters.
Is it possible for the MGC to send a SignalDescriptor with this signal
with, for instance, only two parameters? Or is it mandatory
for the MGC to specify a value for all the signal parameters defined for
that
particular signal?
Just to make an example, can a MGC send signal "Play tone" as specified in
package "tongen" (H.248/E.3) assigning a "Tone id list" but not "Inter
signal duration"

I couldn't find a clear statement on this in the specification.

In the approved IG Section 6.32 it is only stated that:
"To support a particular package the MG must support all Properties,
Signals, Events
and Statistics defined in a package. It must also support all Signal and
Event parameters.
 The MG may support a subset of the values listed in a package for a
particular Property or Parameter."

Any opinions on that?

Regards,
Marcello

____________________________________________________________________
Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1