Subject: basic questions

From: Nava Sherman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:40:46 +0200

1. Which packages does an megaco-isdn mg has to support.
2. suppose there is a gateway between the PSTN and the Ip, is it true that
the mg put in the rtp port it has chosen in the local descriptor the rtp
packets and sends the to the TDM? how
does the gateway understand that from the messages it receives from the MGC.
where the TDM-ip connection is in the context description in the commands?

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:01:26 -0400

Hi.  See below.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Nava Sherman [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 6:41 AM
> To: [email-masked]'
> Subject: basic questions
> 
> 

[PTT] Far fewer than an analogue line, to start with, because much of
signalling proceeds via Q.931.  You would still want the ability to play
tones and announcements.  You would also want a package to set up D-channel
data.  See the bouwen drafts for a discussion.

> where the TDM-ip connection is in the context description in 

[PTT] You need to read the opening sections of RFC 3015 so you understand
how terminations and contexts work.  Unlike the way it works in MGCP, the
TDM and RTP sides are modelled as separate terminations, each with their own
media descriptions.