Subject: RE: Transacton Vs Message.

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 09:18:06 -0400

Transaction is the unit of acknowledgement, and the method by which an
entity controls the order commands are executed (commands in a transaction
are executed in order, transactions are executed in any order).

Message is the unit of transportation between entities.  Although you may 
often see one transaction per message, you are not obligated to make it so.
In particular, you might send multiple transactions when you know it is
safe to execute commands in parallel.  That is a common case, and some
MGs may be more efficient when allowed to do so.  For example, some
commands may take a while to execute, and the MG may be able to start
executing another transaction while the command waits for something to
complete.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Shambhu Dayal Rai [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 5:16 AM
> To: Megaco
> Subject: Transacton Vs Message.
> 
> 
> Hi ,
> I want to know what is  the need to define two abstractions  Message &
> Transaction.
> Is there any limitation on the no. of Actions or Contexts for which
> commands can be
> sent in a single Transaction .  since , the concept of Transaction has
> been added in Megaco .
> I am sure , I am missing something .. Please point it out..
> Is there any logical binding  between   the contexts of a transaction.
> or Concept of Transaction   enhances the efficiency, Please  elaborate
> ....
> Regards
> Shambhu
> 
> 
>