Subject: Suggestion to the list

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:34:36 +0530

Hello list,

A humble request to the list owners and the list memebers. This suggestion might
not appeal to everyone.

It has been noticed that the replies and discussions in the list continues for a
long time, and sometimes it becomes really tough to remain in sync with all the
threads in the list.

Plus, since some of the members also reply directly to the person posting the
queries (and not on the list), the result is that the final decision /
appropriate solution is not propogated to all.

Can, we have it this way, that the person posting the queries also post the
final answer / solution mail with subject formated as

    [FINAL]<subject of the query>

This will be of immense help to people searching the archives and for those who
missed the context of long ongoing threads in the list. Can also help in
collecting the important discussions in the list.

Thanks
- Vikram

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:01:13 +0530

Hi,

It's a Perfect...suggestion.......................I fully
agree................It shall save a lot of time and
confusion................and guys who could not participate in the discussion
shall just read the mails containing the final decisions...

Chanchal

[email-masked] on 04/10/2001 10:34:36 AM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Chanchal Hassija/HSS)

Subject:  Suggestion to the list

Hello list,

Thanks
- Vikram

---

From: Nitin Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:32:12 +0530

hi,

I have recently join this mailing list. I think that suggestion makes lot of
sense. I have myself faced that problem
As Brian says, more often we have "rough consensus" or hardly any consensus.
What i think every "final answer" may not have crystal clear understanding
or it doesn't need to have agreement of everybody. But still the query
raiser can actually summarize the conclusion containing clear agreements and
open issues or different sensible views.
Atleast through this, one will know what has been clearly agreed upon and
what issue is still open.
Afterall, in the end its a matter of choice whether someone puts extra
effort in sending that final mail about the conclusion or not.

thanks

-nitin

-----Original Message-----
From: Rosen, Brian [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 6:25 PM
To: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Suggestion to the list

The problem is how to determine the "final" answer.

Sometimes this is easy.  Often, it is not so easy to 
decide when we have "rough consensus".

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 2:31 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Suggestion to the list
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Hi,
>

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:47:17 -0400

Definitely Tom.  At least with respect to IETF process, the WG chair
determines if rough
consensus exists.  Christian and I have no more say-so than anyone else.  We
just are willing
to say :)
 
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuong Nguyen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 10:31 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: Re: Suggestion to the list

If we really have a "final" answer, it should be officially documented in
the 
Implementor's Guide. 

Maybe when Christian agreed that it can be included in the IG, he can also
posted as 
"final" answer to the thread. 

I think either Tom, Brian or Christian should post the "final" answer. 
Well maybe just Tom since sometimes there are disagreement between the 3 of
them. 

"Rosen, Brian" wrote: 

Brian 

> From: [email-masked] [ mailto:[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> ] 

-- 

  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]

  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613

  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****