Subject: FW: RTP in new context

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 20:07:11 -0400

Forwarded to the official list at fore.com.  Answers below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Monteiro [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:52 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RTP in new context

Just wanted to verify that the following is legal for supplementary
service calls.

Is it legal for the MGC to request the MG to create an RTP in a new
context by itself ?

[PTT] Yes, this is legal.

Is there any way to indicate to the MG that the RTP is associated
(call-related, on-hold party) with an SCN resident in another context
(in-conversation party)?

[PTT] No, and we have not seen a requirement for this in the past.  It is up
to the MGC to keep track.

Thanks, Mario