Subject: Section 7.2.5 AuditValue Table

From: Chuong Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 16:54:32 -0500

Hi All

Can someone clarify the intend of the table that has the following
sentence right before the
table
"The following illustrates other information that can be obtained with
the Audit Command:"

   +-----------+---------------+----------------+
   | ContextID | TerminationID | Information Obtained                 |
         All                    Specific          (Non-null) Context Id
in which the Termination currently exists

and the above which was added in the IG (the approved version).

For example if MGC sends the following to MG

 Transaction = 1 { Context = * {AuditValue =  c4s1c1 {Audit { Media }}}}

I am expecting the following reply from MG

Reply 1 { Context = 1234{AuditValue =  c4s1c1 {...............

The context Id where the specified termination exists plus whatever
Media data is available
from MG.

I know of an MG implementation that wants to return Error Descriptor for
every active
Context that the specified termination is not in and the contextId that
the termination is in.

IF the above is true, the message returned from the MG would be quite
large.
I don't think that is the intend of how this table should be intepreted.

If it is, I don't think any MGC implementation would use it due to the
unpredictable msg
size returned by MG.

Thanks
Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****