Subject: Notification error question

From: "Randy Younts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:43:52 -0400

Accorcing to the ABNF, a Megaco Notification can include an error
descriptor.  What type of scenario would have to take place for this to
occur?  The Notification should be on a termination that the GW knows.
The event should be an event the GW knows.  The only thing that makes
sense to me is that an event has been overwritten by another event being
requested.  Then the previous event occurs.  Any insight would be
appreciated.

Randy Younts

--
   Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
   I took the one less traveled by,
   And that has made all the difference.
                         -Robert Frost
---------------------------------------------

W. Randy Younts      GWC Protocols
NORTEL NETWORKS      Dept. 3Z90
35 Davis Dr.         Voice: (919) 991-2014
RTP, NC  27709       ESN: 351-2014

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:14:00 -0400

Hi Randy,

I think the intention of including this was for some other purpose. The
Event buffer might be full when events were put at the end of the
buffer(assuming that the EventBufferControl dictates buffering). When such a
case arise along with the event reporting the error descriptor can have the
"518 - Event buffer full" information. This is the case where both the
observed event descriptor and the error descriptor are useful.

As you mentioned overwriting by other event descriptor and the previous
event occurring...., is not true...The MG don't keep the memory of earlier
descriptors. It does all its event reporting based on the event descriptor,
event buffer descriptor and EventBufferControl property.

Regards
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Randy Younts
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 3:44 PM
To: megaco
Subject: Notification error question

Randy Younts