Subject: RE: MGCP v/s megaco [FINAL?]

From: "Sreenivasa G" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:14:25 +0530

Thanks all for your inputs. Find the list of replys to the querry along with
this mail.

Sreenivasa

A White Paper available at:

<http://www.nortelnetworks.com/products/library/collateral/56025.25-12-00.pd
f>
http://www.nortelnetworks.com/products/library/collateral/56025.25-12-00.pdf

contains a view on Megaco/H.248 vs MGCP, among other topics.

The WP on the Megaco WG site is also available, but is now a bit out of date
(pre-dates finalization of Megaco).

-- Peter

HI,

www.hssworld.com/hss_mindsystem/megaco_vs_mgcp.htm

and there are many onther documents.. especially a mail be NANCY GREENE..

if u don't have that lemme know.. I'll give it..

bye

****************************************************************************
***

Sridhar K.N.

Senior Engineer R&D.

HFCL-IISc Research Program (HIRP)

HFCL

Bangalore.

****************************************************************************
***

-----Original Messag
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Tom-PT Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 7:34 PM
To: Sreenivasa G; megaco
Subject: RE: MGCP v/s megaco

You may be interested in my tutorial in the October 2000 issue of IEEE
Communications Magazine.

Tom Taylor, "Megaco/H.248: A New Standard For Media Gateway Control", IEEE
Communications Magazine, Vol. 38 No. 10 (October 2000), pp. 124-133.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sreenivasa G [ mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 7:17 AM
To: megaco
Subject: MGCP v/s megaco

Hi All,

I would like to know the differences between MGCP and megaco. I have some
understanding of MGCP. Also let me know the if there are links on the
relevant topic.

Thanks and Regards,
Sreenivasa