Subject: Service change method query

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:53:11 +0530

Hi All

In the first service change request from MG, if the MGC replies with the
MGCidtotry, then with what service change method and reason does MG send the
request to new MGC?

There could be two possibilities:
1. Since this is same as a Handoff scenario, MG can use Handoff method.
2. Since it was the first registration request, MG can use Restart method.

Kindly clearify this.

Regards
Vivek Bansal
Hughes Software System

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:36:43 -0400

HI Vivek,

In page 57, First paragraph, its mentioned that the MGC may return a
ServiceChangeMgcId describing the MGC to be contacted. It is also mentioned
that MG will "REISSUE" the service change command to the new MGC specified.
Hence, the service Change method to be used should be  "restart" only. This
shouldn't be treated as a handoff initiated by the MGC. The MG is just
retrying the same registration with the new MGC.

Handoff is used by MGC when the it is going out of service. When the MG
attempts to establish a new association with the newly specified MGC it uses
the Handoff method.

Regards
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 8:23 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Service change method query

Hi All

Kindly clearify this.

Regards
Vivek Bansal
Hughes Software System