Subject: Fw: Finding the trnascoding caps of MG

From: "Shahid Shoaib" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 14:19:15 -0700

How can the MGC audit the MG for its capability set i.e. the codecs and modes in which it can operate? 

Is the H.248 AuditValue command (using TerminationID=root) sufficient for this purpose?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shahid Shoaib                                  +1-408-451-4740 Direct
DoCoMo USA Labs Inc.                  +1-408-573-1090 Fax
[email-masked]         http://www.docomo-usa.com

---

From: "MEHUL SHAH" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:49:49 -0500

My reply is followed by Mehul
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Shahid Shoaib
  Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 4:19 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Fw: Finding the trnascoding caps of MG

  How can the MGC audit the MG for its capability set i.e. the codecs and
modes in which it can operate?

  Is the H.248 AuditValue command (using TerminationID=root) sufficient for
this purpose?
  [Mehul] Yes if all the terminations have same capability.
  [Mehul] But if different terminations have different capabilities, then on
each termination AuditValue has to be done?

  --------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------
  Shahid Shoaib                                  +1-408-451-4740 Direct
  DoCoMo USA Labs Inc.                  +1-408-573-1090 Fax
  [email-masked]         http://www.docomo-usa.com

---

From: "Shahid Shoaib" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:05:49 -0700

I will be more specific. Is their a way in which the MGC could find the capabilities (e.g. mpeg-4 video, g.723.1 audio etc..) with supported modes (64 kbps for video, 5.3 kbps for audio etc.)  as well as transcoding abilities (e.g. H.263 to mpeg-4 or G.711 to G.723.1 etc.) of the MG at startup??

    -----Original Message-----
    From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Shahid Shoaib
    Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 4:19 PM
    To: [email-masked]
    Subject: Fw: Finding the trnascoding caps of MG

    Is the H.248 AuditValue command (using TerminationID=root) sufficient for this purpose?
    [Mehul] Yes if all the terminations have same capability. 
    [Mehul] But if different terminations have different capabilities, then on each termination AuditValue has to be done?

---

From: "MEHUL SHAH" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:18:04 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Shahid Shoaib
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 5:06 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Finding the trnascoding caps of MG

  I will be more specific. Is their a way in which the MGC could find the
capabilities (e.g. mpeg-4 video, g.723.1 audio etc..) with supported modes
(64 kbps for video, 5.3 kbps for audio etc.)  as well as transcoding
abilities (e.g. H.263 to mpeg-4 or G.711 to G.723.1 etc.) of the MG at
startup??

  [Mehul]

  As far as i know, there is no way in which the MGC cound find the
capabilities (e.g. mpeg-4 video, g.723.1 audio etc..) with supported modes
  (64 kbps for video, 5.3 kbps for audio etc.)  as well as transcoding
abilities (e.g. H.263 to mpeg-4 or G.711 to G.723.1 etc.) of the MG at
startup
  for the simple reason that Audit=media in the following commands cannot be
further broken.

  MGC can find out what all codecs are supported by the termination by
AuditCapability command on the specific termination or on the root
  termination (assuming that all the terminations on the GW have the same
capabilities) using the following commands:

  On the specific termination:
  MEGACO/1.0 [123.123.123.4]:55555
  Transaction = 1000
  {
      Context = -
      {
          AuditCapability = A4444
          {
              Audit = Media
          }
      }

  }

  On the root termination:
  MEGACO/1.0 [123.123.123.4]:55555
  Transaction = 1000
  {
      Context = -
      {
          AuditCapability = ROOT
          {
              Audit = Media
          }
      }
  }

      -----Original Message-----

      How can the MGC audit the MG for its capability set i.e. the codecs
and modes in which it can operate?

      Is the H.248 AuditValue command (using TerminationID=root) sufficient
for this purpose?
      [Mehul] Yes if all the terminations have same capability.
      [Mehul] But if different terminations have different capabilities,
then on each termination AuditValue has to be done?

      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------
      Shahid Shoaib                                  +1-408-451-4740 Direct
      DoCoMo USA Labs Inc.                  +1-408-573-1090 Fax
      [email-masked]         http://www.docomo-usa.com