Subject: Re:

From: Atanu Mondal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:03:34 +0530

Hi,
I am new in the field of megaco. I have some doubt regarding transport over
IP.
In page 132 of RFC 3015, D.1.1 says that the copy of Responses are to be
destroyed after LONG-TIMER elapses or after the "response acknowledgement
parameter " is received.  Also it says that the transactions that are
acknowledged by the parameter will keep a copy till LONG-TIMER is ellapsed. 
Isn't it a little contradicting in nature?
I mean to say.. should I delete the copy of the responses as soon as I get
the "response acknowledgement parameter" or should I wait till the
LONG-TIMER gets expired before I remove the copy of the responses.

It will be very helpful if somebody clarifies regarding this matter

With regards
Atanu

---

From: "Krishna Gundamaraju" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:17:58 -0500

Hi Atanu,

    You should delete the copy of the response as soon as U get the
"response ack" parameter. You might want to refer Section D.1.2.2 of RFC
3015 for the actual text which states this.

Regards
Krishna G