Subject: RE: ASN.1 and ABNF sepcifications

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:27:46 -0400

> > 1) Do we need to have both the specifications ?
Yes.  You use the ABNF specification for binary encoding.  You use the
ASN.1 specification for binary encoding.

> > 
> > 2) Does these specifications are specific to MGCP or MEGACO ?
RFC3015 is Megaco, and has nothing to do with MGCP, MGCP has it's own
RFC (RFC2705).

> > 
> > 3) In case of MGCP, is ABNF  the only specification we have to use ?
This is the Megaco list, not the MGCP list, but the answer is that MGCP,
which has only a text encoding, is, like Megaco text encoding, specified
with ABNF

---

From: "Blatherwick, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:43:16 -0400

Oops, Brian's fingers are moving too fast ;-)  
  >Yes.  You use the ABNF specification for binary encoding.  

Use ABNF for TEXT encoding...

-- Peter