Subject: Service Change ALL

From: Mario Monteiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:19:30 -0500

Appendix A.1 shows an example syntax of restarting terminations as
follows:

MG1 to MGC:
MEGACO/1 [124.124.124.222]
Transaction = 9998{
       Context = - {
             ServiceChange = ROOT {Services   {
                   Method=Restart.
                   ....................................... etc

Section 8.1.2 also states...

The MGC may use the ALL wildcard to address all Contexts on the MG. The
null Context is not included when the ALL wildcard is used.

Question is, if  * were used instead of - in the ServiceChange above,
does this mean that only terminations not in the NULL context will be
restarted? In order to restart all MG terminations ( NULL context +
active contexts)  does the ServiceChange have to be issued twice, once
with * and the other with - ?  Or is there another way to do this?

Thanks - Mario

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:19:36 -0400

Hi Mario,

The example shows MG generating the Registration request and its not for a
given termination. If the MGC needs to address all the terminations
irrespective of their existence in context, today it has to generate two
commands (one for active contexts and other for Null contexts)

(Of course even though the protocol doesn't address about this, but I will
be happy to see that) Similar to the way the MG to register all its
terminations uses all the ROOT termination Identifier, the MGC also should
be able to use the ROOT termination to take all terminations out-of-service,
something like

MGC to MG1:
MEGACO/1 [121.121.121.111]
Transaction = 9998{
       Context = - {
             ServiceChange = ROOT {Services   {
                   Method=Forced.
                   ....................................... etc

Regards
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Mario Monteiro
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 10:20 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Service Change ALL

MG1 to MGC:

Thanks - Mario