Subject: Re:

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:52:02 +0530

comments embedded

Atanu Mondal <[email-masked]> on 04/30/2001 03:03:34 PM

To:   "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Amaresh Ram/HSS)

Subject:

Hi,
I am new in the field of megaco. I have some doubt regarding transport over
IP.
In page 132 of RFC 3015, D.1.1 says that the copy of Responses are to be
destroyed after LONG-TIMER elapses or after the "response acknowledgement
parameter " is received.  Also it says that the transactions that are
acknowledged by the parameter will keep a copy till LONG-TIMER is ellapsed.
Isn't it a little contradicting in nature?

[Amaresh] it say that the transaction Id [not the copy of the response] of the
transaction that are acknowledged through Response Acknowledgement Parameter has
to be stored till LONG TIMER expiry to detect and ignore duplicate copy of
transaction request.

I mean to say.. should I delete the copy of the responses as soon as I get
the "response acknowledgement parameter" or should I wait till the
LONG-TIMER gets expired before I remove the copy of the responses.

It will be very helpful if somebody clarifies regarding this matter

With regards
Atanu

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:41:22 -0400

Hi Amaresh,
I Think it is the response that is stored not just the Transaction Id. Its
listed in the section D.1.1 "Providing At-Most-Once Functionality", the
second paragraph indicates that "the Peer protocol entities are expected to
keep in memory a list of the
   responses that they sent to recent transactions and a list of the
   transactions that are currently outstanding. The transaction
   identifier of each incoming message is compared to the transaction
   identifiers of the recent responses sent to the same MId. If a match
   is found, the entity does not execute the transaction, but simply
   repeats the response.", and this response indicates actual response not
just transaction Identifier.

Also in the last paragraph of the same section, it is mentioned that
	"The copy of the responses may be destroyed either LONG-TIMER seconds
   after the response is issued, or when the entity receives a
   confirmation that the response has been received, through the
   "Response Acknowledgement parameter".

So its not just the transaction Identifier that is stored but the entire
response.

Regards
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 6:22 AM
To: Atanu Mondal
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: Re:

comments embedded

Subject:

Hi,

[Amaresh] it say that the transaction Id [not the copy of the response] of
the
transaction that are acknowledged through Response Acknowledgement Parameter
has
to be stored till LONG TIMER expiry to detect and ignore duplicate copy of
transaction request.

With regards
Atanu