Subject: Clarification of Topology Descriptor

From: Steven Weisz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:17:32 -0400

Hi List,

I have another request for clarification. Specifically in section 7.1.18,
paragraph 3 the protocol states:

  "A topology descriptor consists of a sequence of triples of the form
   (T1, T2, association). T1 and T2 specify Terminations within the
   Context, possibly using the ALL or CHOOSE wildcard.  The association
   specifies how media flows between these two Terminations as follows."

But the ABNF seems to suggest that only one sequence of triples is contained
within the descriptor.

  "topologyDescriptor   = TopologyToken LBRKT terminationA COMMA
                          terminationB COMMA topologyDirection RBRKT
   terminationA         = TerminationID
   terminationB         = TerminationID
   topologyDirection    = BothwayToken / IsolateToken / OnewayToken"

This would then effect how the contextProperties is defined.

  "; at-most-once
   contextProperty  = (topologyDescriptor / priority / EmergencyToken)"

If we defined topologyDescriptor as above wouldn't we need to allow 1 or
more topologyDescriptors in the contectProperty?

Thanks,

Steven Weisz

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:36:20 -0400

Hi Steve,
I think the IG addressed this already.
Regards
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Steven Weisz
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 2:18 PM
To: Megaco Mailing List (E-mail)
Subject: Clarification of Topology Descriptor

Hi List,

  "; at-most-once

Thanks,

Steven Weisz