Subject: ABNF Question: digit maps

From: Steven Weisz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 15:09:38 -0400

Hi List,

I have a quick question concerning digit map embedded in a requested event.
Specifically, if you look at the ABNF the embedded digit map is defined as

eventDM = DigitMapToken (( EQUAL digitMapName ) / (LBRKT digitMapValue
RBRKT))

and a digit map descriptor is defined as:

digitMapDescriptor = DigitMapToken EQUAL (( LBRKT digitMapValue RBRKT ) / 
		         ( digitMapName [LBRKT digitMapValue RBRKT] ))

It obvious that they are very similar, as I believe was intended but there
is one thing that is bothering me in eventDM. That is it seems to me that
the EQUAL should be right after DigitMapToken as is the case in
digitMapDescriptor. So we would instead have:

eventDM = DigitMapToken EQUAL (( digitMapName ) / (LBRKT digitMapValue
RBRKT))

Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Steve