Subject: Network Package

From: Chuong Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 15:37:33 -0500

Hi All

Is it reasonable to assume that Network Package StatisticsID will never
be used directly?
That is nt/dur, nt/os and nt/or will normally be rtp/dur, rtp/os and
rtp/or respectiviely
since rtp package extends nt package.

I know that it is agreed that if a termination realizes rtp package, it
also realizes nt package
and either nt/.. or rtp/.. are valid packageName.

But if we allow, nt/... instead of rtp/.., are we saying that if MGC
receives nt/.., it has to
know whether it is for rtp or tmcd termination by the terminationID?

Furthermore, since tdmc package extends nt package, do "octet sent" (OS)
and "octet
received" (OR) really apply to tdm termination?

Also what does it mean for a TDM termination to realize the "NT" package
properties
of "Maximum Jitter Buffer"?

So a more general question, if a termination realizes a packageB that
extends
packageA and there are items in the packageA that does not make sense to

the termination what should MG/MGC do.

Take the above as an example and assuming that it does not make sense
for TDM
termination to have "OS" and "OR", what should MG return for
TDM termination
statistics if the termination realizes "TDMC" package?
Just "duration".

---
Said it is valid to have "OS" and "OR" for TDM.
IF MGC does a Subtract=* on a specific context w/1 TDM and 1
RTP termination,
is it valid for MG to return nt/dur, nt/os and nt/or for the
TDM termination and RTP
termination instead of tdmc/dur, ... vs rtp/dur ?

Thanks
Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 17:15:22 -0400

Hi chuong/all,
IMO if PackageB extends PackageA and if one of the statistic/property of
Package A is not valid for termination realizing packageB then there is no
reason why PackageB extends PackageA. Then PackageB shouldn't extend
PackageA (just only to reuse few properties/statistics) but should define
the same properties (Might be with different IDs) in packageB.

I think the extension of packages is logical if the newly defined package
can inherit "all" the properties already defined in the base package and
also define new properties.

In your example, I was in the impression that "OS" and "OR" can be
calculated as "The number of octet sent or received is equal to the duration
of the Termination, in seconds, multiplied by the sampling frequency,  8000
Hz.". (Of course this seems to be redundant info if the MGC is aware of the
sampling frequency). Isn't this the intention?????

-Regards
Madhubabu
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Chuong Nguyen
  Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 4:38 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Network Package

  Hi All

  Is it reasonable to assume that Network Package StatisticsID will never be
used directly?
  That is nt/dur, nt/os and nt/or will normally be rtp/dur, rtp/os and
rtp/or respectiviely
  since rtp package extends nt package.

  Take the above as an example and assuming that it does not make sense for
TDM
  termination to have "OS" and "OR", what should MG return for TDM
termination
  statistics if the termination realizes "TDMC" package?
  Just "duration".

  ---
  Said it is valid to have "OS" and "OR" for TDM.
  IF MGC does a Subtract=* on a specific context w/1 TDM and 1 RTP
termination,
  is it valid for MG to return nt/dur, nt/os and nt/or for the TDM
termination and RTP
  termination instead of tdmc/dur, ... vs rtp/dur ?

  Thanks
  Chuong