Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-megaco-mib-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 06:47:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Media Gateway Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MEGACO MIB
	Author(s)	: M. Holdrege, I. Akramovich, C. Brown
	Filename	: draft-ietf-megaco-mib-02.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 29-May-01
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it defines objects for use by the MEGACO/H.248
protocol operating on Media Gateways and Media Gateway Controllers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-mib-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-megaco-mib-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-mib-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:34:26 -0400

I would like to explain briefly what has happened with this draft.
Basically it consists of a reorganization and extension of material
available in the initial draft (mib-00).  As such, it presents a coherent
view and may be the basis of a working MIB.  A word of warning comes along
with this: Matt Holdrege identified a lot of open issues two meetings ago,
and a number of these undoubtedly remain open.  I will get Matt's meeting
presentation and post it on the Megaco web site for people to examine.

Given the large effort Michael Brown and colleagues put into the latest
draft, Michael's name has been added to the authors' list and Michael has
taken over primary editorial responsibilities from Matt.  I know that this
has been a frustrating task for Matt due to lack of input from the WG.
Thanks to him and Ilya Akramovich for getting us started.  Now let's get
this done so we can stop showing a milestone that's two years late!

Tom Taylor
Multimedia Control and Applications Standards
Ph.  +1 613 736 0961
[email-masked]  

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 6:47 AM
> To: IETF-Announce
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-megaco-mib-02.txt
> 
>

---

From: Matt Holdrege <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 12:43:21 -0700

The issues I presented can be viewed here 
http://www.net-standards.org/MEGACO-mib.ppt

At 06:34 AM 5/30/2001, Tom-PT Taylor wrote:

>I would like to explain briefly what has happened with this 
>draft.  Basically it consists of a reorganization and extension of 
>material available in the initial draft (mib-00).  As such, it presents a 
>coherent view and may be the basis of a working MIB.  A word of warning 
>comes along with this: Matt Holdrege identified a lot of open issues two 
>meetings ago, and a number of these undoubtedly remain open.  I will get 
>Matt's meeting presentation and post it on the Megaco web site for people 
>to examine.
>
>has been a frustrating task for Matt due to lack of input from the 
>WG.  Thanks to him and Ilya Akramovich for getting us started.  Now let's 
>get this done so we can stop showing a milestone that's two years late!
>
>Tom Taylor
> > From: [email-masked] 
> [<mailto:[email-masked]>mailto:[email-masked]]
> <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-mib-02.txt>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-mib-02.txt 
>
> >
> > <http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> > or 
> <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt 
>
> >
> >