Subject: Annex F typos

From: Troy Cauble <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:40:21 -0400

Authors & List,

I have found the following typos and possible typos in the
ITU 11/00 version of Annex F.

Only some of these exist in draft-ietf-megaco-h248f-01.txt.

Entries marked by * cause subsequent entries to differ between
the two documents.

I have not generally checked the values in the two documents
against each other.

Don't you love two standards organizations?
Which one is the real thing?

-troy

F.7.1.4 PropertyID number jumps to 0x06 (suspicious).

F.8.1.2 neglects to specify "Defined in:" or "Characteristics:".

F.8.1.3 and F.8.1.6 have the same PropertyID string (v8bsup).

F.8.2.1 dtt values DTMF and Sig share the same ID number (0x0B).  *
        dtt value V8BIS has ID number 0x20 instead of 0x1A (suspicious).

F.8.3.4 V8bsn values MRdrl and CRel share an ID number (0x06).    *
        V8bsn values CReh and CRdi share an ID number (0x07).     *

F.9.1.1 and F.9.1.2 have the same PropertyID number (0x01).

F.9.1.2 "T.30V34" uses "." where other don't (suspicious).

F.10.1.1 and F.10.1.2 have the same PropertyID number (0x01).

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 16:06:27 +1000

G'Day Troy, Annex F authors,

Please see my replies below.

Christian

> F.7.1.4 PropertyID number jumps to 0x06 (suspicious).
[CHG] Not wrong just misses a number

> F.8.1.2 neglects to specify "Defined in:" or "Characteristics:".
[CHG] Yes this seems to be the case. I leave it to the authors to
specify the correct values.

> F.8.1.3 and F.8.1.6 have the same PropertyID string (v8bsup).
[CHG] Yes. The authors can specify an appropriate name.
>         dtt value V8BIS has ID number 0x20 instead of 0x1A (suspicious).
[CHG] This is already fixed in the implementors' guide additions.

>         V8bsn values CReh and CRdi share an ID number (0x07).     *
[CHG] This is already fixed in the implementors' guide additions.

> F.9.1.1 and F.9.1.2 have the same PropertyID number (0x01).
[CHG] Yes. May I suggest ftrpt (0x0004)?

> F.9.1.2 "T.30V34" uses "." where other don't (suspicious).
[CHG] No opinion.

> F.10.1.1 and F.10.1.2 have the same PropertyID number (0x01).
[CHG] Yes. May I suggest ipftrpt (0x0007)