Subject: ABNF Question: digit maps embedded in events

From: Steven Weisz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 15:07:47 -0400

Hi List,

I asked this question a few weeks ago and still have not found an answer.
Does anyone have an opinion?

It is a quick question concerning a digit map embedded in a requested event.
Specifically, if you look at the ABNF the embedded digit map is defined as

eventDM = DigitMapToken (( EQUAL digitMapName ) / (LBRKT digitMapValue
RBRKT))

and a digit map descriptor is defined as:

digitMapDescriptor = DigitMapToken EQUAL (( LBRKT digitMapValue RBRKT ) / 
		         ( digitMapName [LBRKT digitMapValue RBRKT] ))

It obvious that they are very similar, as I believe was intended but there
is one thing that is bothering me in eventDM. That is it seems to me that
the EQUAL should be right after DigitMapToken as is the case in
digitMapDescriptor. So we would instead have:

eventDM = DigitMapToken EQUAL (( digitMapName ) / (LBRKT digitMapValue
RBRKT))

Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Steve

---

From: "Paul Long" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:34:30 -0500

Well, if you're just looking for someone to reply... :-)

I hadn't noticed this difference before, but your recommendation makes
sense. However, it is too late to change now, so it's a moot point.

Paul Long
ipDialog, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Steven Weisz
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 2:08 PM
To: Megaco Mailing List (E-mail)
Subject: ABNF Question: digit maps embedded in events

Hi List,

Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Steve

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 15:54:55 -0400

HI all,

But this a potential candidate for including in the next version of Megaco.
If not in IG might be some where else, so that we wont miss these.

Regards
Madhubabu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Paul Long
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 3:35 PM
To: Megaco Mailing List (E-mail)
Subject: RE: ABNF Question: digit maps embedded in events

Paul Long
ipDialog, Inc.

-----Original Message-----

Hi List,

Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Steve