Subject: Version negotiation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:29:23 +0530

Hi Christian,

Since nobody replied back to my mail so should I assume that in case the version
negotiations fails with MGC, then MG should try with the secondary MGCs. In this
case we need to make change in the text of the protocol.

Regards
Vivek Bansal

---------------------- Forwarded by Vivek Bansal/HSS on 05/29/2001 04:19 PM
---------------------------

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Sachin Sikri/HSS)

Subject:  Version negotiation

Hi

If the version negotiations fails at MG, then what should be the recovery
action. Protocols says close the netwrok connection and give error to MGC in
case of any transaction from MGC. But it does not specify what should MG do
after the failure. Should it try to contact the other provisioned MGCs. or is it
assumed that all the MGCs are configured with the same version and MG will not
be able to create association with them.

Please  clarify this.

Regards
Vivek