Subject: RE: Error in transaction reply.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 09:20:15 +0530

Hello Madhu,
     If the MGC assumes that the transaction response containing a parse error
is a transaction reply with error, then this would lead to discrepancy between
the states of MG and MGC. The MGC would assume that the MG has not processed the
request whereas the MG would have processed the request and would have possibly
changed the termination state.

                                         Regards,
                                         R. Ezhirpavai

"Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]> on 05/02/2001 07:09:47 PM

To:   [email-masked], "'megaco mail list'" <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: R Ezhirpavai/HSS)

Subject:  RE: Error in transaction reply.

Hi Titty,

In normal circumstances, even if the MGC retransmit its transaction-request
the same transaction response is received from MG. IMO the MGC can treat the
error transaction response as error response from MG.
Regards
Madhubabu

 -----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Titty Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 12:04 AM
To: megaco mail list
Subject: Error in transaction reply.

  Hi all,

      If there is an error in transaction reply, what will the receiver of
the reply do. How
  can he report back to the sender that the reply was an error. And what
will happen if

  the reply had some values chosen by the sender (eg. reply for a command
with $ ) and the

  value is in error.

  Regards,

  - Titty

--
+------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by,|
|And that has made all the difference.                             |
+------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: Titty Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 09:09:00 +0530

Hi ,

    In this case one of the options can be to audit the MG and find out its state.

Regards,
-- Titty

[email-masked] wrote:

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                   Name: att1.htm
>    att1.htm       Type: Hypertext Markup Language (text/html)
>               Encoding: base64
>            Description: Internet HTML