Subject: Information about call set up

From: "Dolman Aradori" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 16:55:00 +0200

Good evening. I hope that someone of you can help me. 
Suppose that there is a RGw in a costumer site that manages two or more POTS interfaces and I want
to call a telephone attested to this device. How a MGC can determine the destination terminal of the
connection??
I mean, MGC analyses the digits and so it can determines that the RGw manages the called number
pool. But, is the same device that individuate the analog termination that corresponds to the called
number?? If not, which device has to individuate the POTS interface at which the called terminal is
attested??

Could someone provide me a link to documentation that talks about this problem??

Thanks for the help,

	Dolman Aradori

______________________________

 Dolman Aradori
 Consultant

 ICT Consulting
 Via Vittor Pisani, 22
 20124 Milano 

 Phone: +39 02 67642245
 Fax: +39 0267642243
 Mobile: +39 335 7505653
______________________________

---

From: "Madhu Babu Brahmanapally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 11:24:16 -0400

Dolman,

In RGW each Termination can have a phone number. This phone number is a
known to both the user and external world. The Termination Name is used only
between the MG and MGC. (Infact the RGW users need not know that there is a
name associated with their phone). If any call arrives for that phone number
MGC uses the TerminationId of that phone and generate necessary commands.
The MGC should have the mapping between the number and the TerminationIDs
used in Megaco messages. Apart form these If the MGC needs to keep some
information based on the Analog ports it can do it (The protocol doesn't say
how you map these numbers/ ports/ TerminationIDs).  I hope this answer your
query. 

Regards
Madhubabu

>  -----Original Message-----
> From: 	[email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent:	Wednesday, May 09, 2001 10:55 AM
> To:	[email-masked]
> Subject:	Information about call set up
> 
> Suppose that there is a RGw in a costumer site that manages two or more
> POTS interfaces and I want to call a telephone attested to this device.
> How a MGC can determine the destination terminal of the connection??
> I mean, MGC analyses the digits and so it can determines that the RGw
> manages the called number pool. But, is the same device that individuate
> the analog termination that corresponds to the called number?? If not,
> which device has to individuate the POTS interface at which the called
> terminal is attested??
>