Subject: SDP and ';' comments

From: Troy Cauble <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 19:05:45 -0400

Megaco wankers :)

At least one of the messages in Appendix A
has SDP with an H.248 style comment:

                        Local { 
v=0 
c=IN IP4 $ 
m=audio $ RTP/AVP 0 
a=fmtp:PCMU VAD=X-NNVAD ; special voice activity  
                           ; detection algorithm 
                        } 

I assume we're not imposing these comments on SDP in general.
But in this example it's the last line of SDP and the comments 
could be part of RBRKT.

localDescriptor      = LocalToken LBRKT octetString RBRKT
RBRKT                = LWSP %x7D LWSP
LWSP                 = *( WSP / COMMENT / EOL )

But unless ';' is specifically not allowed in SDP (which I doubt),
allowing these comments will make it impossible to extract 
the SDP portion without fully parsing it.  I think it 
would be best if we could do that.

Could we say no comments between the braces?
Or no comments on the same lines as SDP?
Or no comments from the start of the SDP
to the RBRKT?

Maybe 

localDescriptor      = LocalToken LBRKT octetString RBRKT2
remoteDescriptor     = RemoteToken LBRKT octetString RBRKT2
RBRKT2               = LWSP2 %x7D LWSP
LWSP2                = *( WSP / EOL )

??

-troy

---

From: "Sarju Garg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:06:44 +0530

Hi all,

I have a doubt regarding COMMENT rule. I see that we can insert comments in
the MEGACO message. What is the use of such comments? What to do if one
receive a message having comments? When to send comments?

TIA
Sarju