Subject: FW: [Fwd: RE: ServiceChange mandatory vs optional parameters]

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 10:17:51 -0400

Forwarded to the official list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Groves [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 1:32 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fwd: RE: ServiceChange mandatory vs optional parameters]

G'Day Chuong,

As required doesn't mean optional. It means use each parameter "as
required" so if Reason and Method are always required you use them in
such a way.

Christian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: ServiceChange mandatory vs optional parameters
   Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:16:29 +0200
   From: "Marcello Pantaleo (EED)" <[email-masked]>
     To: "'Chuong Nguyen'" <[email-masked]>
     CC: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

 Hi Chuong,I think you're right. Also:    in section 7.2.8
ServiceChangeMethod and ServiceChangeReason are not optional
apparently in ASN.1 only ServiceChangeMethod is not optionalI guess an
alignement is needed here.Regards,Marcello

     -----Original Message-----
     From: Chuong Nguyen [mailto:[email-masked]]
     Sent: Friday, April 06, 2001 4:40 PM
     To: [email-masked]'
     Subject: ServiceChange mandatory vs optional parameters

     Hi ALL,

     7.2.8 ServiceChange

        The ServiceChangeDescriptor contains the following
     parameters as
        required:

        *  ServiceChangeMethod
        *  ServiceChangeReason
        *  ServiceChangeDelay
        *  ServiceChangeAddress
        *  ServiceChangeProfile
        *  ServiceChangeVersion
        *  ServiceChangeMgcId
        *  TimeStamp

     The "as required" implies all the above parameters are
     optional.

     But the description for each parameter indicated that only
     ServiceChangeDelay,  ServiceChangeAddress,
     ServiceChangeProfile, ServiceChangeVersion,
      ServiceChangeMgcId and TimeStamp are optional.

     The ABNF also specified

     serviceChangeParm    = (serviceChangeMethod /
     serviceChangeReason /
                               serviceChangeDelay /
     serviceChangeAddress /
                              serviceChangeProfile / extension /
     TimeStamp /
                               serviceChangeMgcId /
     serviceChangeVersion )

     I agreed that for ServiceChangeReplyDescriptor the above can
     be optional.

     But for ServiceChangeRequest is it still true that all
     serviceChangeParm are optional?

     Can an MG send a ServiceChangeRequest w/o METHOD - for example
     a ServiceChangeRequest
     w/just serviceChangeAddress or TimeStamp?

     Thanks
     Chuong

     --
       Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
       1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
       **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****