Subject: Comments on [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-taylor-megaco-enhalpkgs-00.txt]

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 14:15:59 +1000

G'Day Mike,

I've had a look through the following package and have a few comments.

o Please allocate binary signal,event and property IDs. There's no
reason why these cannot be done in the first release of a package.

o Why is termination state used for the Current Pulse Count, Pulse Count
Since Last Report ? I thought that local control would be the proper
place for these. These relate to the media and are of interest between
an MGC and MG. Aren't these really statistics? 

o Shouldn't the Periodic report event have an observed event for the
number of pulses?

Cheers, Christian 

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-taylor-megaco-enhalpkgs-00.txt
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 07:21:23 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Megaco/H.248 Enhanced Analog Line Packages
	Author(s)	: M. Taylor, C. Brown
	Filename	: draft-taylor-megaco-enhalpkgs-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 25-Apr-01
	
This document provides proposed definitions for two supplemental 
packages for Megaco/H.248.  These packages address support of 
functionality for standard and enhanced telephony services delivered 
over analog line terminations, including line-side answer 
supervision and the delivery of call metering pulses

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-taylor-megaco-enhalpkgs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-taylor-megaco-enhalpkgs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-taylor-megaco-enhalpkgs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.