From: Atanu Mondal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 12:51:13 +0530

Dear List

The serviceChangeParm as described in ABNF spec is as below
serviceChangeParm = (serviceChangeMethod
/serviceChangeReason/serviceChangeDelay/serviceChangeAddress/serviceChangePr
ofile/extension/TimeStamp/serviceChangeMgcId/serviceChangeVersion )
 which makes all the parameters a s optional.

In ASN syntax the serviceChangeParm is described as below

serviceChangeParm ::= SEQUENCE
{
	serviceChangeMethod	ServiceChangeMethod,
	serviceChangeAddress	ServiceChangeAddress	OPTIONAL,
	serviceChangeVersion	INTEGER(0..99)		OPTIONAL,
	serviceChangeProfile	ServiceChangeProfile	OPTIONAL,
	serviceChangeReason	Value			
	serviceChangeDelay	INTEGER(0..4294967295) OPTIONAL,
	serviceChangeMgcId	MId 	OPTIONAL,
	timeStamp		TimeNotation	OPTIONAL,
	nonStandardData	NonStandardData	OPTIONAL,
}

Which makes the ServiceChangeMethod as compulsory and the rest optional.
What is the reason for this decrepency between the two version(ASN and ABNF)

If anybody can clarify the reason for this decrepency it will be very
helpful
Thanking in advance

Regards
Atanu