Subject: [Megaco] H.248v2 Issue: Media Switching and/or Switching Parameters

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:07:22 -0500

The first paragraph of section 6.1 contains the following sentence:

"The Context describes the topology (who hears/sees whom) and the media
mixing and/or switching parameters if more than two Terminations are
involved in the association."

This sentence reads the way it does because at the time we thought SG 16
would eventually add such parameters.  The debate over the last year on MCU
decomposition has gone back and forth on this one.

Proposal: that SG 16 revisit this sentence when its views on MCU
decomposition become clearer, and delete all after "(who hears/sees whom)"
if this proves inapplicable.

Tom Taylor
[email-masked]
Ph. +1 613 736 0961 (ESN 396 1490)

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:14:57 +1100

What is the problem with leaving "(who hears/sees whom)"? It is the
context which provides this. Whether it is implied or a certain property
of the termination/context is a completely different issue. I thought
that it reads that way because the context along with
streams/terminations/properties/other contexts all describe the
connection model in the MG. 

Regards, Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:14:57 +1100

Regards, Christian