Subject: [Megaco] precise identification of an incoming call

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:02:59 +0200

In the example call flow given in RFC 3015 Appendix A, the incoming call to
the second subscriber begins with an ADD command from MGC to MG2 in step 14.
Is this the only way an incoming call can begin?  In other words, can the MG
assume the MGC will not send it any other commands related to an incoming
call before the ADD?

Raphael Tryster

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 15:27:50 +0200

Hi,

I guess the "call" can begin by the MG collecting events, eg digits or
NAS events, which will be sent to the MGC using Notify. To do that, the
MGC would first ask for the digits by sending a Modify to the
termination(s) where digits may be received.

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

However,

Raphael Tryster wrote:
> 
> In the example call flow given in RFC 3015 Appendix A, the incoming
> call to the second subscriber begins with an ADD command from MGC to
> MG2 in step 14.  Is this the only way an incoming call can begin?  In
> other words, can the MG assume the MGC will not send it any other
> commands related to an incoming call before the ADD?
> 
> Raphael Tryster

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 15:27:50 +0200

Hi,

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

However,