Subject: [Megaco] Announcement: Megaco goes Open Source

From: Hakan Mattsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:05:00 +0100 (MET)

The Megaco/H.248 protocol stack implemented by Ericsson Computer
Science Laboratory, is now available as an Open Source product.

The source code and the complete documentation of Erlang/OTP
including the Megaco protocol stack, can be found at:

    http://www.erlang.org

License info is found at the end of the top page. It is also possible
to buy commercial licences in order to obtain full support.

Megaco related info, such as comparisons between the different
encodings, can be found at:

    http://www.erlang.org/project/megaco

In order to better understand what Erlang is about, you could read
Ulf Wiger's paper "Four-fold Increase in Productivity and Quality".
It was presented at the "Workshop on Formal Design of Safety
Critical Embedded Systems" in Munich, March 21-23, 2001. This paper
describes how the large ATM switch AXD 301 was developed and how
they used Erlang/OTP:

    http://www.erlang.se/publications/Ulf_Wiger.pdf

/Håkan

---
Håkan Mattsson
Ericsson
Computer Science Laboratory
http://www.ericsson.com/cslab/~hakan/

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:49:04 -0500

On the one hand, it is good to have this information.  On the other, it is
inappropriate to use the IETF Megaco list for such announcements.  It would
be nice to have some list where we could pass this sort of information
along.  As another example, I had a call a while back from someone with a
Megaco-related job to fill, and had no idea how to get the message out.

Would the Implementor's list set up by Marconi be the right place?

-----Original Message-----
From: Hakan Mattsson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 7:05 AM
To: Megaconians
Subject: [Megaco] Announcement: Megaco goes Open Source

    http://www.erlang.org

/Håkan

---
Håkan Mattsson
Ericsson

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:49:04 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Hakan Mattsson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 7:05 AM
To: Megaconians
Subject: [Megaco] Announcement: Megaco goes Open Source

    http://www.erlang.org

/Håkan

---
Håkan Mattsson
Ericsson