Subject: [Megaco] Issues In H.248v2: Context Packages

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:00:30 -0500

I was waiting for others to raise issues for our contribution to SG 16, but
there hasn't been much addressed specifically to H.248v2.  This is the first
of a series of E-mails I am going to generate on the topic.

The sentiment at IETF 52 was that packages for context properties were the
one item that we would like to have SG 16 to defer until the full
implications are realized.  That is, it should not be included in H.248v2.
Can I confirm this view with the list?

Specific changes to current H.248v2 text (i.e. Dublin TD-47):

 - delete final bullet of section 6.1.1

 - delete final sentence of first paragraph of section 6.2.3

 - delete second sentence of second paragraph of section 6.2.3

 - delete the phrase "or Context" from the last sentence of second paragraph
of section 6.2.3

 - delete section 7.1.19 Context Attribute Descriptor and renumber the
subsequent section(s) accordingly

 - in section 7.2.9, remove references to ContextAttribute Descriptor as
follows:
   -- in the third paragraph, amend the final sentence to say "There are two
types of audit."
   -- in the paragraphs beginning "Value Audit:" and "Capabilities Audit:",
delete the phrase "the ContextAttribute Descriptor or"
   -- delete the paragraph beginning "Packages Audit"
   -- delete the Audit Packages column of the table

 - delete the phrase "and contexts" in the first paragraph of section 12

 - delete the sentence beginning "ContextAttribute is for ..." and also the
final sentence of the paragraph explaining "Defined in:" in section 12.1.2

 - delete the final sentence of the paragraph explaining "Characteristics:"
in section 12.1.2

 - in Annex A:
   -- delete the contextProp and contextPackages components added after the
extension marker in the ContextRequest production
   -- delete the contextPropAud, contextAttrDescriptorCapAud,
contextPropCapAud, and contextPackagesAud components added after the
extension marker in the ContextAttrAuditRequest production

 - in Annex B:
   -- delete the contextAttrDescriptor and packagesDescriptor terms from the
contextProperty production
   -- delete the IndAudcontextAttrDescriptor, ContextAttrDescriptorCapAud,
IndAudContextAttrCap, and ContextAttrPackages terms from the
contextAuditProperties production
   -- delete the IndAudContextAttrCap, ContextAttrPackages, and
ContextAttrDescriptorCapAud productions
   -- delete the contextAttrDescriptor production
   -- delete the ContextAttrToken, ContextAudCapToken,
ContextAudDescriptorToken, and ContextAudValToken productions

Tom Taylor
[email-masked]
Ph. +1 613 736 0961 (ESN 396 1490)

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:20:15 +1100

Hello Tom,

How was the sentiment on the context property recorded at the meeting?
Was there a hum poll or similar? If you are asking the list to confirm
this what particular arguments are there for delaying this? What
implications haven't been studied?

Cheers, Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:20:15 +1100

Hello Tom,

Cheers, Christian