Subject: [Megaco] onhook/offhook strict and init

From: "Chuong N. Nguyen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 19:54:17 -0600

Hi Tom

From Analog Line Supervision Package:

        "exact" means that only an actual hook state transition to on-
        hook is to be recognized;

        "state" means that the event is to be recognized either if the
        hook state transition is detected or if the hook state is
        already on-hook;

        "failWrong" means that if the hook state is already on-hook,
        the command fails and an error is reported.

   ObservedEventsDescriptor parameters

        Initial State
        -------------
        ParameterID: init (0x0002)

        Type: Boolean

        Possible values:

        True means that the event was reported because the line was
        already on-hook when the events descriptor containing this
        event was activated;

        False means that the event represents an actual state
        transition to on-hook.

Was  "Initial State" only intended to be used if "state" was used in the
Event Descriptor Request?
If yes, can we add some clarification to IG?

It is clear that "failWrong" would not cause Gwy to return "Initial
State" since an Error Descriptor is
returned w/error code 540.

Also it does not make sense for "exact" to result in an "Initial State"
parameter in the Notify from Gwy.

Thanks
Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****