Subject: [Megaco] IG Resolution on : g/sc SigID list

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:41:22 +1100

G'Day all,

Back in September there was some discussion on the encoding of g/sc
SigID. We sorted out the correct definition of sub-list but
unfortunately I believe that we didn't finish of the discussion on the
encoding of g/sc.

Below is a proposed resolution to start off the discussions. Flame away.

x.xx Signal List Completion Encoding

Description:	In the Signal completion event it is unclear how the signal
identity is encoded. Firstly the type: list is not a standard type
defined in the packages template. Secondly it is unclear how to encode
the value of the parameter. A simple solution is proposed to carry only
the signal identity of the completed signal in pkgdname format. If a
signal is part of a signal list it is indicated by the signal list
identity parameter.

Reference:	<to be filled in by editor>
 [Begin Correction]
E.1.2 Events
…
Signal Identity
ParameterID:  SigID (0x0001)
This parameter identifies the signals which have terminated.
Type: octet string
Possible values: a signal which has terminated.  A signal shall be
identified using the pkgdName syntax without wildcarding. For a signal
that is contained in a signal list the signal list identity parameter
should also be returned indicating the appropriate list. 

[End Correction]

Regards, Christian

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:51:01 -0500

There are several issues that have arisen on the mailing list that I would like
to see resolved for the next IG and before any H.248v2 is issued.  The one
Christian raises is one of these.  I would like to assign numbers to help us
track these.  Please include the open issue number in the subject line of any
responses to these issues.  We'll call this one Open Issue 1.

--

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:908.582.7013   Fax:908.582.6729
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2B-121, 600 Mountain Av, Murray Hill, NJ 07974
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:51:01 -0500

--