Subject: [Megaco] IG Resolution on : g/sc SigID list

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:41:22 +1100

G'Day all,

Back in September there was some discussion on the encoding of g/sc
SigID. We sorted out the correct definition of sub-list but
unfortunately I believe that we didn't finish of the discussion on the
encoding of g/sc.

Below is a proposed resolution to start off the discussions. Flame away.

x.xx Signal List Completion Encoding

Description:	In the Signal completion event it is unclear how the signal
identity is encoded. Firstly the type: list is not a standard type
defined in the packages template. Secondly it is unclear how to encode
the value of the parameter. A simple solution is proposed to carry only
the signal identity of the completed signal in pkgdname format. If a
signal is part of a signal list it is indicated by the signal list
identity parameter.

Reference:	<to be filled in by editor>
 [Begin Correction]
E.1.2 Events
…
Signal Identity
ParameterID:  SigID (0x0001)
This parameter identifies the signals which have terminated.
Type: octet string
Possible values: a signal which has terminated.  A signal shall be
identified using the pkgdName syntax without wildcarding. For a signal
that is contained in a signal list the signal list identity parameter
should also be returned indicating the appropriate list. 

[End Correction]

Regards, Christian

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco