Subject: [Megaco] Error descriptor when timed out

From: "Sudhir Kumar Appana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:32:33 +0530

Hi,

What Error will be reported by MG when MGC hasn't responded (for the request
sent
by MG itself) within the Execution Timer interval i.e., on a transaction
time-out.
Please mail me the supported Error Number for the above scenario.

Thanks,
Sudhir

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Shashi Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:39:23 +0530

Sudhir,

if all the retransmission attempts(typically 7 to 11) have failed to get
a response from MGC, *one* of the recovery action from MG might be, to
contact the secondary MGC( out of the scope of protocol ) with Service
Change command, with appropriate Service Change Reason ( probably '907
Transmission Failure' )...

Thanks,
Shashi

---

From: "Shashi Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:39:23 +0530

Sudhir,

Thanks,
Shashi

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 08:03:53 +0200

Hi,

>sent by MG itself) within the Execution Timer interval i.e., on a transaction
>time-out.

To whom would this error be reported? If to the MG itself I don't think
you need any H.248 level error codes, because you will receive "host
unreachable" on the IP level...

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 08:03:53 +0200

Hi,

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland