Subject: [Megaco] TerminationID ASN encding

From: "gokulc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 17:43:22 +0530

Hi,

The annex A.2 of the rfc specifies....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------
NOTE - The ASN.1 specification below contains a clause defining
   TerminationIDList as a sequence of TerminationIDs.  The length of
   this sequence SHALL be one, except possibly when used in
   contextAuditResult.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------

Q. Does this mean that the Length in the TLV format should be coded as 1
irrespective
of the number of bytes that TerminationID occupy.

-
gokul

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:07:11 +0530

hi gokul,

The Text in Annex A.2 that you have quoted actually talks of the number
of TerminationIDs in a TerminationIDList and not its length.
According to Annex A.2 the TerminationIDList shall contain only
"one TerminationID" except in case of contextAuditResult.

The length in TLV for TerminationIDList will certainly depend on the length
of the TerminationID.

Regards,
Rahul

> The annex A.2 of the rfc specifies....

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual  to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information  and should
not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If
you have received this message in error, please notify the originator
immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you
are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the
contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for loss or damage
arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:07:11 +0530

hi gokul,

Regards,
Rahul