Subject: [Megaco] H.248 Annex M.ka KeepAlive package

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:27:14 -0500

I submitted an editors draft of the proposed H.248 Annex M.ka KeepAlive
Package to the Geneva meeting.  It appears as TD 2-014 in WP2.  But
recently I have received a comment about the Maximum Inactivity Time
being in integral units of seconds.  High capacity MGs might find 1
second as being too long.  It was proposed that we define the unit to be
"hundredths of seconds" as it is for duration of TO signals.  Leaving
the range as 0..65535 still permits a inactive time as long as 655 sec
or over 10 min which seems more than adequate.  I will propose that
change to hundredths of sec when the document is discussed in Geneva.
Does anyone have a concern with the new range being
1/100 sec to 655 sec.  ?

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:51:36 +1100

G'Day Terry,

How about 1/10 sec that gives you 6553 sec? I can see anybody sending a
keep alive every 1ms.

Cheers, Christian

> Does anyone have a concern with the new range being

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:51:36 +1100

G'Day Terry,

Cheers, Christian