Subject: [Megaco] RE: [Fwd: Fwd: Uploaded files to Incoming]

From: "Kevin Boyle"<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:18:34 -0500

Actually, I have some.

The IG posted there is lacking the digit collection changes agreed upon in
Dublin.  Here are the changes as agreed upon:

Section 7.1.14.2:
Change: "The timers are configurable parameters to a DigitMap.  The Start
timer is started at the beginning of every digit map use, but can be
overridden."
To: "Default values of these timers should be provisioned on the MG, but can
be overridden by values specified within the DigitMap."

Section 7.1.14.3:
Change: "Finally, if conflicting timing specifiers are in effect in
different alternative sequences, the results are undefined."
To: "Finally, if conflicting timing specifiers are in effect in different
alternative sequences, the long timer shall be used."

Change: "The value of this threshold is assumed to be provisioned in the
MG."
To: "The value of this threshold is assumed to be provisioned in the MG,
but, like the T, L, and S timers, can be overridden by specification within
the DigitMap."

Section 7.1.14.4:
Change: "Subsequent events in the package are processed as per the currently
active event processing mechanisms."
To: "Subsequent digit events in the package are processed as follows:

·if EventBufferControl is ON, subsequent digit events are processed in the
same way as any other events;

·if EventBufferControl is OFF, if the active EventsDescriptor did not
change, and if individual digit events are not enabled within that
descriptor, then digit buffering will be initiated.  Buffering will continue
until the buffering time specified in the original digit map completion
event has expired or until the active EventsDescriptor is replaced.

The digit buffer shall take the logical form of a dial string which includes
the digit characters as represented in the digit map, possibly preceded by
'Z'.  The threshold value of tone duration used to identify long events
shall be the same as that used with the most recently completed digit map.

Buffering time defaults to zero (no buffering) unless explicitly set
otherwise within the digit map completion event.  If buffering ceases due to
buffering timer expiry, the contents of the digit buffer are discarded.

If buffering was stopped by a new EventsDescriptor, then if that
EventsDescriptor contains a new digit map completion event from the same
package as the previous one, any buffered digits are processed against the
digit map as described below.  Buffered digits not consumed by the new digit
map are handled as if they had were observed after that map completed.

If instead the new EventsDescriptor enables the reporting of individual
digit events, the entire set of buffered digits shall immediately be
processed, the applicable events reported, and the buffer cleared.

Finally, if the new EventsDescriptor enables neither a digit map completion
event nor the reporting of individual digit events from the package
concerned, the buffer contents are discarded and buffering is terminated."

(All of the paragraphs following the second bullet are part of that bullet
item.)

Section 7.1.14.5:

Change: "2. At each step, a timer is set to wait for the next event, based
either on the default timing rules given above or on explicit timing
specified in one or more alternative event sequences. If the timer expires
and a member of the candidate set of alternatives is fully satisfied, a
timeout completion with full match is reported.  If the timer expires and
part or none of any candidate alternative is satisfied, a timeout completion
with partial match is reported."
To: "2. At each step, if buffered digits are available, the oldest one (with
possible accompanying long digit (Z) qualifier) is removed from the buffer
and processing moves to the next step as if the digit event had just been
observed.  Otherwise a timer is set to wait for the next event, based either
on the default timing rules given above or on explicit timing specified in
one or more alternative event sequences. If the timer expires and a member
of the candidate set of alternatives is fully satisfied, a timeout
completion with full match is reported.  If the timer expires and part or
none of any candidate alternative is satisfied, a timeout completion with
partial match is reported.  In either case, if the digit map completion
event allows for detailed timeout reporting, the reported dial string will
end with 'L' or 'S' as appropriate."

Change (step 5): "The event removed from the current dial string will then
be reported as per the currently active event processing mechanisms."
To: "The event removed from the current dial string will then be reported as
a separate event, buffered, or discarded according to the rules described in
the previous section.  This statement is qualified as follows:

a) The digit map completion event may specify that the event be reported as
a parameter of that event.  This occurs independently of subsequent
processing of the digit event.  

b) The digit map completion event may specify that the extra digit should be
discarded.  In this case, it is discarded immediately.  Any buffering or
other processing applies only to subsequent events."

Section 6.1.14.7:

Change: "· the events in the package containing the specified digit map
completion event other than the completion event itself are not individually
notified, and"
To: "· the events in the package containing the specified digit map
completion event other than the completion event itself are not individually
notified and have no side-effects unless separately enabled, and"

Change: "· an event that triggers a partial match completion event is not
recognized and therefore has no side effects until reprocessed following the
recognition of the digit map completion event."
To: "· an event that triggers a partial match completion event is not
recognized and therefore has no side effects unless and until reprocessed
following the recognition of the digit map completion event.  Similarly
buffered digit events are not recognized and have no side effects until
processed."

Annex C:

Change: 

   digitMapValue        = ["T" COLON Timer COMMA] ["S" COLON Timer COMMA]
                          ["L" COLON Timer COMMA] digitMap 
   Timer                = 1*2DIGIT

To:

   digitMapValue        = ["T" COLON Timer COMMA] ["S" COLON Timer COMMA]
                          ["L" COLON Timer COMMA] ["Z" COLON Timer COMMA]
                           digitMap 
   Timer                = 1*2DIGIT
   ; Units are seconds for T, S, and L timers, and hundreds of milliseconds
for Z timer.  
   ; Thus T, S, and L range from 1 to 99 seconds and Z from 100 ms to 9.9 s.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Groves [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 7:26 PM
To: megaco ietf
Subject: [Megaco] [Fwd: Fwd: Uploaded files to Incoming]

G'Day all,

I have uploaded a number of H.248 editors' contributions and company
contributions to the PICTEL website.
http://standard.pictel.com/ftp/avc-site/0202_Gen/

A list of the documents is below. The latest version of H.248 is among
them. Comments?

Regards, Christian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fwd: Uploaded files to Incoming
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:27:59 +0900
From: OKUBO Sakae <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: OKUBO Sakae <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Dear SG16 experts,

They are now available at /0202_Gen of the avc-site.

At 16:16 +1100 02/01/24, Christian Groves wrote:
>I have placed the following files in the incoming directory. Could you
>please move them to the Geneve directory?
>
>1. [DC-xxx_Annex_L_amm1] Proposed H.248 Annex L Amendment 1
>2. [DC-xxx_Annex_M_1] Comments to H.248 Annex M.1 Audio Server Package
>3. [DC-xxx_Annex_M_qac] H.248 Annex M.qac Quality Alert Ceasing Package
>4. [DC-xxx_Annex_N] H.248 Annex N SDP H.248 Package Attribute
>5. [DC-xxx_Imp_Guide] H.248 Implementors' Guide Additions
>6. [DC-xxx_MuxDescription] Clarification of H.248 Mux Descriptor Usage
>7. [DC-xxx_Nx64K] Addition of Nx64K Service to the H.248 Mutliplex
>descriptor
>8. [DC-xxx_Packages_Guide] Packages Guide
>9. [DC-xxx_Profile_Pkg] Draft H.248 Annex M.profile Profile Package
>10. [DC-xxx_H248v2] Draft H.248v2

Best regards,

OKUBO Sakae
*********************************************************
Global Information and Telecommunication Institute (GITI)
Waseda University
29-7 Waseda University Bldg.
1-3-10 Nishi-Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
169-0051 Japan
        e-mail: [email-masked]
        Tel: +81 3 3204 8194
        Fax: +81 3 5286 3832
*********************************************************

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco