Subject: [Megaco] failover operation conflicted with handoff operation

From: Susumu YAMAMOTO <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 18:24:35 +0900

Hi all,

I have a question on failover operation conflicted with handoff
operation.

If an MG invokes failover to a duplicated MG, in the cause of
failure of the MG or else,  just after receiving handoff message
from an MGC, MG would precede failover operation to handoff
operation.

I think that an MGC should receive failover message from the new
MG taking over the service, and that the MG should not make
response for the handoff message after failover operation.

This is because the MG which sends handoff message to a
MGC MUST be the same as the MG which received corresponding
handoff message from the MGC.

So in this case, the MGC should abort handoff operation by
receiving failover message from an MG which has taken over the
service from the MG the handoff message sent to.

Is my idea true?
Please give me comments.

Thanks,

Susumu

-*-*-*
SUSUMU YAMAMOTO, NTT Corporation

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco