Subject: [Megaco] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-01.txt

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:51:10 -0400

I have recycled this document at last.  Material relating to Nx64 kbit/s or
multilink operation has been stripped out, and material relating to H.320
and H.324 sessions has been modified to conform to the latest views of how
Megaco operates.  I forgot to put in the MIME registrations for audio/PCMU,
audio/PCMA, audio/G726xx, and application/octet-stream all over TDM
transport, but I'll do that on the next pass.

I sent a copy to Jim Renkel, who had urged that requirements for
CAS-signalled TDM be taken into account when I first presented this to
MMUSIC.  I have no idea what additional requirements he has in mind, but
I'll see.  In the meantime, does anyone else have comments?  We need this
for NAS operation.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 8:41 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Conventions for the use of the Session Description

                          Protocol (SDP)for Digital Circuit Connections
	Author(s)	: T. Taylor
	Filename	: draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 08-Apr-02
	
This document describes conventions for using the Session 
Description Protocol (SDP) for controlling digital circuits.  These 
conventions describe 
- circuit addressing conventions for use on the SDP 'c=' line 
- content of the 'm=' line(s) for digital circuits 
- attributes to convey the parameters contained within the Bearer 
Capability, Low Layer Compatibility, and High Layer Compatibility 
Information Elements of ITU-T Recommendation Q.931. 
These conventions have been defined for use in media gateway 
control, particularly in support of NAS operation, but may also be 
used by IP-based call signalling schemes (SIP, BICC) to control 
media exchange over digital circuits.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-----
To: 
Subject: 
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:51:14 -0400 
X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19)

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:45:39 +1000

G'Day Tom,

I've been having a look at the TDM draft and my main comment is regarding mainly
section 4 TDM attributes although it may have some flow on effects. Whilst the
list of attributes is rather comprehensive it seems to me that this is a
duplication of already defined values. All of the values can be represented by
the User Service Information (USI) Q.763 / Bearer Capability information element
Q.931. Given that TDM terminations will most likely be used in scenarios where
the Call control will be BICC/ISUP/Q.931 the USI will be available in the MGC in
the native USI format. It seems pointless to translate the values from native
USI format to a SDP format where each sub-value of the USI is defined as
seperate attributes. An attribute to carry USI has already been defined in the
SG11 work for BICC ie.
a=isup_usi: <value of USI in hex digits as specified in ITU-T Q.1902.3/§ 6.102
[5]>
The left most hex digit pair (e.g. EF in the following sequence EF 23 12 13)
represents the first binary octet that would be transmitted as per Q.1902.3 §
5.10.)

By specifying that a=isup_usi be used instead of the values in section it will
mean that currently defined vertical protocol for ISUP and BICC will be
consistant with your draft.

Regards, Christian

Tom-PT Taylor wrote:
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
> 
>                Name: ATT64470
>    ATT64470    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>            Encoding: x-uuencode
> 
>                                          Name: draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-01.url
>    draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-01.url    Type: Internet Shortcut (application/x-unknown-content-type-InternetShortcut)
>                                      Encoding: x-uuencode

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:45:39 +1000

G'Day Tom,

Regards, Christian