Subject: [Megaco] MGC to MGC connection standard

From: Narine_Mossikyan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:34:21 +0400

Hi All,
How should be translated MEGACO messages into H323 or SIP  to be sent
between MGCs?
Is there any standard documentation for MGC to MGC connection and where
I can find it?
thank you very much for your help.
--------
regards
Narine Mossikyan
Epygi lab LLC

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:27:28 -0400

Communications between MGCs is outside the scope of H.248/MEGACO and so
there is no specification for this in the H.248 documents.  Most
communications between MGCs will not be translations from H.248 but rather
carry information MGC receives from a SignalingGW (e.g, SS7).  SIP-T is one
choice for carrying such signaling between MGCs.  There is some
H.248-related information that may need to be carried between MGCs (e.g.,
SDP data such as payloads and port) and most of this has relatively obvious
expression in SIP-T, but I do not know of any formal specification, just as
there is no formal specification of how MGC works with a SignalingGW to
translate SS7 information into H.248 where appropriate.  This is up to the
MGC.

--

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:732.949.5628   Fax:732.949.7016
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2G-219A, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd, Holmdel, NJ 07733-3030
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:27:28 -0400

--