Subject: [Megaco] Uniqueness of tone Id

From: "Nancy Devin" <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Apr 2002 09:40:04 -0500

Hello all,

The Tone Generator Package (Annex E.3) mentions that a tone Id should be
kept consistent with any tone generation for the same tone.  How should
this be interpreted.

Is it that for a given tone Id, the same frequency and cadance should be
use all the time.

Or is it that for a tone frequency and cadance, only one tone id is
defined.

The former interpretation would inforce that a tone Id is unique only
within the context of a package while the latter interpretation would
inforce that the tone Ids are uniqueley defined outside of packages.

Since I already found an example where two tone Ids are defined for a
given tone I am temted to go with the former interpretation but I would
like to have the opinion of others.

In Annex E.7, Call Progress Tones Generator Package, the dial tone has
the id 0x0030 while in the Basic Call Progress Tones Generator with
directionality, the tone Id corresponding to dial tone is 0x0040.

thanks in advance,
Nancy

--
Nancy Devin
Software Designer

Alcatel
600 March Road, P.O. Box 13600
Kanata, Ontario, Canada
K2K 2E6

Telephone: (613) 591-3600 x6897
Fax:       (613) 599-3609
Internet:  [email-masked]