Subject: [Megaco] Multiple SDP's in Local and No Remote

From: "Ian Leighton" <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Apr 2002 12:49:17 -0400

Hi All

I would like to get some clarification on the expected behaviour of an
MG if the MGC sends a request which includes multiple SDP's in the Local
descriptor and does not include a Remote descriptor. For example if an
MGC sends the following information and the MG is capable of supporting
both AAL1 and AAL2 (assume ReserveGroup and ReserveValue are false);

add=$ {
      L {
        v=0
        c=ATM $ $
        m=audio - AAL2/ITU 1
        v=0
        c=ATM $ $
        m=audio - AAL1/ITU 0
      }
    }

would the reply include

1) both SDP's or
2) only its preferred transport.

My assumption is 1) based on 3015 section 7.1.8 description that the MG
chooses based on a both local and remote. Since the remote is not
currently available the MG replies with what it can support and chooses
a single SDP once the remote descriptor is provided.

Any comments or clarifications would be appreciated.

Regards
Ian Leighton

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:18:46 -0400

7.1.8 does indeed speak precisely only for the case where there are
alternatives in Remote, but I believe that the basic principle still applies
that when ReserveGroup and ReserveValue are false, no more than only
alternative are returned.  If Remote is empty, MG is not constrained in its
choice among the alternatives in Local.

--

------------------------------------------------------------
Terry L Anderson              mailto:[email-masked]
Tel:732.949.5628   Fax:732.949.7016
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2G-219A, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd, Holmdel, NJ 07733-3030
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

---

From: Terry L Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:18:46 -0400

--