Subject: [Megaco] Annex E: RTP package Statistics Delay

From: "Chuong N. Nguyen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 11:09:46 -0600

Delay
        StatisticID:delay (0x0008)

        Requests the current value of packet propagation delay
        expressed in timestamp units. Same as average latency.

Where is "average latency" defined in the Standard?

Is TimeStamp units the following?

   TimeStamp            = Date "T" Time ; per ISO 8601:1988
      ; Date = yyyymmdd
   Date                 = 8(DIGIT)
      ; Time = hhmmssss
   Time                 = 8(DIGIT)

Do we really intend for this to be timestamp units or just msec?

In the example

             Statistics { rtp/ps=1200,  ; packets sent
                          nt/os=62300, ; octets sent
                          rtp/pr=700, ; packets received
                          nt/or=45100, ; octets received
                          rtp/pl=0.2,  ; % packet loss
                          rtp/jit=20,
                          rtp/delay=40 } ; avg latency  //  Doesn't look
like timestamp at all.

Thanks
Chuong

--
  Alcatel USA, Inc             Internet: [email-masked]
  1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075           Phone:    (972) 519-4613
  **** The opinions expressed are not those of Alcatel USA, Inc ****