Subject: [Megaco] Resend: I-D ACTION:draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-01.txt

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:23:07 -0400

Apologies to those who received my previous message successfully.  I have
been getting a series of rejection messages from companies whose mail
servers won't accept messages with URL attachments like the one the IETF
sticks on to its announcements.
-------------
I have recycled this document at last.  Material relating to Nx64 kbit/s or
multilink operation has been stripped out, and material relating to H.320
and H.324 sessions has been modified to conform to the latest views of how
Megaco operates.  I forgot to put in the MIME registrations for audio/PCMU,
audio/PCMA, audio/G726xx, and application/octet-stream all over TDM
transport, but I'll do that on the next pass.

I sent a copy to Jim Renkel, who had urged that requirements for
CAS-signalled TDM be taken into account when I first presented this to
MMUSIC.  I have no idea what additional requirements he has in mind, but
I'll see.  In the meantime, does anyone else have comments?  We need this
for NAS operation.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 8:41 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Conventions for the use of the Session Description

                          Protocol (SDP)for Digital Circuit Connections
	Author(s)	: T. Taylor
	Filename	: draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 08-Apr-02
	
This document describes conventions for using the Session 
Description Protocol (SDP) for controlling digital circuits.  These 
conventions describe 
- circuit addressing conventions for use on the SDP 'c=' line 
- content of the 'm=' line(s) for digital circuits 
- attributes to convey the parameters contained within the Bearer 
Capability, Low Layer Compatibility, and High Layer Compatibility 
Information Elements of ITU-T Recommendation Q.931. 
These conventions have been defined for use in media gateway 
control, particularly in support of NAS operation, but may also be 
used by IP-based call signalling schemes (SIP, BICC) to control 
media exchange over digital circuits.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-taylor-mmusic-sdp-tdm-01.txt

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco