Subject: [Megaco] Application-Specific Megaco Error Codes

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 11:28:51 -0400

It has been bothering me for quite a while that we have no guidelines for
the numbering of error codes, so they could be all over the map.  For
example, I created codes in the NAS packages starting with 100, simply
because this was the first example of package-documented error codes.  Since
these codes were not yet registered with IANA, it may not be too late to
enforce the following convention, following the precedent set by H.,248
Annex M.1:

Proposal: application-specific error codes are assigned consecutive values
starting at 600.

Following on this proposal, I am changing the NAS error codes to 613-616
from 100-103.

Comments?

Tom Taylor
[email-masked]
Ph. +1 613 736 0961 (ESN 396 1490)

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco