Subject: [Megaco] MGCP CRCX message Connection ID parameter placement

From: "IPEK SARAC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:31:01 +0200

Hello,

As far as i know there is no seperate mailing list for MGCP so i am writing
here, if there is one please let me know.
While implementing MGCP we realized that ConnectionIdentifier parameter
which is the mandatory parameter for CreateConnectionResponse message ( and
also for that JAIN object constructor) can be anywhere within the response
message, this is not nice since every parameter involved in the response
message before that parameter must be stored until JAIN object is created.
For example :

a.)
This is a CRCX response message that can be created and filled up as a JAIN
object easily:

200 1059 ok
i:456789fedcba5
z2: ds/[email-masked]
i2: 657349af5647ffa4

v=0
o=- 23456789 98765432 IN IP4 192.168.5.7
s=-
c=IN IP4 192.168.5.7
t=0 0
m=audio 6058 RTP/AVP 0

b.)
For this one parameters before "i" parameter (second endpoint id and second
connection id parameters) must be stored in order not to read the whole
message for the second time while parsing.

200 1059 ok
z2: ds/[email-masked]
i2: 657349af5647ffa4
i:456789fedcba5

v=0
o=- 23456789 98765432 IN IP4 192.168.5.7
s=-
c=IN IP4 192.168.5.7
t=0 0
m=audio 6058 RTP/AVP 0

I couldn't find a constraint in RFC 2705 ( MGCP RFC) saying that mandatory
parameters come first in a message. Can you please explain why don't we
have such a constraint while it makes life much more easier and quicker in
terms of parsing.

Thank you.

Ipek Sarac

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Balasubramanian Pitchandi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:25:40 -0400

Please mail your MGCP questions to the MGCP mailing list:

[email-masked]

and/or

[email-masked]

Thanks
Bala

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
IPEK SARAC
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 8:31 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] MGCP CRCX message Connection ID parameter placement

Hello,

As far as i know there is no seperate mailing list for MGCP so i am
writing here, if there is one please let me know. While implementing
MGCP we realized that ConnectionIdentifier parameter which is the
mandatory parameter for CreateConnectionResponse message ( and also for
that JAIN object constructor) can be anywhere within the response
message, this is not nice since every parameter involved in the response
message before that parameter must be stored until JAIN object is
created. For example :

a.)
This is a CRCX response message that can be created and filled up as a
JAIN object easily:

200 1059 ok
i:456789fedcba5

v=0

b.)
For this one parameters before "i" parameter (second endpoint id and
second connection id parameters) must be stored in order not to read the
whole message for the second time while parsing.

200 1059 ok

v=0

I couldn't find a constraint in RFC 2705 ( MGCP RFC) saying that
mandatory parameters come first in a message. Can you please explain why
don't we have such a constraint while it makes life much more easier and
quicker in terms of parsing.

Thank you.

Ipek Sarac

---

From: "Balasubramanian Pitchandi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:25:40 -0400

[email-masked]

and/or

[email-masked]

Thanks
Bala

-----Original Message-----

Hello,

a.)

200 1059 ok
i:456789fedcba5

v=0

b.)

200 1059 ok

v=0

Thank you.

Ipek Sarac