Subject: [Megaco] Query regarding the transport parameters for sending responses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:00:47 +0530

Hi,
According to the protocol "Responses must be sent to the address and port from
which the corresponding commands were sent." Is there similar restriction also
on
the address used for sending responses i.e. should the address used for sending
response be the same as the one on which the indication was received. e.g.
If the transport parameters of MGC are MGC_IP1(IP address) and MGC_P1(Port
number)
and that of MG are MG_IP1 and MG_P1. Indication from MG is received at the MGC
at MGC_IP1 and MGC_P1. Is it mandated that MGC should use the same socket i.e.
with transport parameters as MGC_IP1 and MGC_P1 to send the response?
OR MGC can also send the response from a different socket with transport
parameters
MGC_IP2 and MGC_P2?

Thanks and Regards,
Chintan...

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco