Subject: [Megaco] Can an MG ever subtract an ephemeral termination ?

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:16:33 -0500

Barring reboots, memory loss and similar things, can an ephemeral
termination ever be subtracted from a Context ? For example, let's say I
have an RTP termination, and the underlying IP interface disappears. I
assume I'd have to generate a ServiceChange for this ephemeral, but
would it be valid for the MG to also Subtract (i.e. destroy) the
ephemeral ?

Thanks

        Flemming

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Shashi Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:18:40 +0530

yes, MGC would/can always direct/issue a subtract command towards MG to
remove a ephemeral termination from a valid context. 

Thanks,
Shashi

---

From: Shashi Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:18:40 +0530

Thanks,
Shashi

---

From: Shashi Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:38:07 +0530

whatever may be the scenario, protocol has no provision to allow MG take
it's own decision on subtracting a termination from a context.

Shashi

---

From: Shashi Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:38:07 +0530

Shashi