Subject: [Megaco] Setting T.38 on a termination with ASN.1 encoding

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:24:16 -0600

Hi.

For an IP trunking gateway, after an MGC has determined that a fax call is
in progress for a given context, how does it modify the packet side
termination to transition from an audio codec to T.38 with ASN.1 encoding?

Annex F provides a text example of programming a termination to use T.38.
In this example, T.38 UDPTL is specified with the session description
protocol, .e.g.:

v=0
c=IN IP4 124.124.124.222
m=image 1111 udptl t38
a=T38FaxRateManagement:transferredTCF
a=T38UdpEC:t38UDPFEC

Annex C provides the binary mappings for various SDP properties, including
a property "acodec" for audio codecs. It seems natural to have a similar
SDP to binary mapping for T.38 but I am not aware of such.

For binary encoding is this termination switched from an audio codec to
T.38 by setting the IPFaxTransport property of the IP Fax Package to one of
the T.38 values?

Thanks,

John

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco