Subject: [Megaco] Can an MG ever subtract an ephemeral termination ?

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:16:33 -0500

Barring reboots, memory loss and similar things, can an ephemeral
termination ever be subtracted from a Context ? For example, let's say I
have an RTP termination, and the underlying IP interface disappears. I
assume I'd have to generate a ServiceChange for this ephemeral, but
would it be valid for the MG to also Subtract (i.e. destroy) the
ephemeral ?

Thanks

        Flemming

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:36:14 -0500

MG's may NOT autonomously subtract ANY termination.  There are other methods
whereby loss of bearer (for whatever reason) can be reported to the MGC.
The network package includes an event that can be used to report network
failures.  It is up to the MGC to decide whether or not to subtract the
term.  This allows the MGC to perform other actions on the termination that
would not be possible if the MG subtracted it on its own (like auditing, for
example).

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Flemming Andreasen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 9:17 AM
To: Megaco
Subject: [Megaco] Can an MG ever subtract an ephemeral termination ?

Barring reboots, memory loss and similar things, can an ephemeral
termination ever be subtracted from a Context ? For example, let's say I
have an RTP termination, and the underlying IP interface disappears. I
assume I'd have to generate a ServiceChange for this ephemeral, but would it
be valid for the MG to also Subtract (i.e. destroy) the ephemeral ?

Thanks

        Flemming

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:36:14 -0500

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Flemming Andreasen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 9:17 AM
To: Megaco
Subject: [Megaco] Can an MG ever subtract an ephemeral termination ?

Thanks

        Flemming