Subject: [Megaco] Sequential Signal List

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:40:39 +0530

Hi List,

A sequential signal list consists of a signal list identifier and a sequence of
signals to be played sequentially.
Each Signal of this list consists of signal name along with optional parameters
like Stream id, Signal type, Signal duration, Notify Completion reasons and
Keep Active flag.

I am listing down my queries below.

1) Protocol Grammar allows the use of Notify Completion reasons with the signals
in Sequential signal list. Is there any practical scenario, in which MGC is
interested in getting Signal Completion notification after completion of each
signal of sequential list.

Rather MGC will be interested in getting Signal Completion notification after
completion of whole sequential list. Since Notify Completion reason is attached
with indivisual signals and not with sequential list, so how will MGC indicate
MG to do so.

2) Protocol Grammar allows the use of different stream ids with the signals in
Sequential signal list. But is there any practical scenario, in which a
sequential signal list contains signals to be played on different streams. or
All signals in sequential signal list shall refer to the same stream.

3) What is significance of Keep active flag with each signal of sequential list?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks N Regards
Ashish Singh
Hughes Software Systems

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:05:49 +1100

Hello,

Please see my comments below.

Regards, Christian

> signal of sequential list.

[CHG] I don't know of a practical reason to do so, but in the development of the
protocol a signal list was seen as a list of individual signals with all the
capabilities of stand alone signals.

> with indivisual signals and not with sequential list, so how will MGC indicate

[CHG] Just put notify completion on the last signal in the list.

> All signals in sequential signal list shall refer to the same stream.

[CHG] I don't know of any practical usage in PSTN/ISDN telephony that would need
this but for multimedia I could see a case where you would synchronise between
video and voice streams.

> 3) What is significance of Keep active flag with each signal of sequential list?

[CHG] None, as a replacement with the same SignalListID ensures that the signals
continue to play.

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:05:49 +1100

Hello,

Regards, Christian