Subject: [Megaco] Wind-Up of Working Group?

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:53:37 -0500

I'm wondering if it is time to wind up Megaco as a formal Working Group (but
the E-mail list would remain).  The implication is that all further
standardization would be either by individual I-D or by working through
Study Group 16.  There would no longer be an official point of contact
between the latter and the IETF below the IESG level.  People might wish to
comment.

Regardless of what we decide on this point, what is a realistic timetable
for completion of our current charter items?  In particular:
  -- How close do people see the MIB to completion?
  -- If the NAS package is recycled specifically to address Christian's
point that outgoing calls require the MG to provide bearer capability
information for the MGC to use in signalling, is it ready to submit for
publication?
  -- How much more work do we need on call flow examples?

Tom Taylor
[email-masked]
Ph. +1 613 736 0961 (ESN 396 1490)

---

From: "Balasubramanian Pitchandi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:53:46 -0500

Tom,

Having just released the Version 2 of the protocol and considering the fact
that there are still some unresolved issues and loose ends to tie, I think
it's really important that the WG remains active throughout this year and
beyond if needed.

With respect to MIB drafts, I have received few comments from selected
people. I have updated the MIB draft with those comments. I am also planning
to merge in other MIB related drafts
(draft-pitchandi-megaco-ringing-mib-00.txt etc) into the main MIB draft
(pending Kevin's analysis of this draft). I am hoping to release an updated
MIB draft sometime around February.

The WG activity can be monitored continuously over this year and with a list
of remaining work items (if any other than the ones that you had specified
below), a decision on going forward could be made mid year or even at the
end of this year.

Thanks,

Bala

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Tom-PT Taylor
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 9:54 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Megaco] Wind-Up of Working Group?

Tom Taylor

---

From: "Balasubramanian Pitchandi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:53:46 -0500

Tom,

Thanks,

Bala

-----Original Message-----

Tom Taylor