Subject: [Megaco] Doubt in usage of R2 package

From: zhaobo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 18:46:18 +0800

Hi Vikram:
   I have two questions:
   1. What will happed if the incoming MG compells for information not availiable in outgoing MG, for examples,the signal applies to outgoing MG is "R2/address{si=2992,di=2989}",but the incoming MG compells for language/dicrimination digit? 
   2. When sls signal applies, some condition shall be sent in Group A backward signal, some shall be sent in Group B signals. Is the responsibility of MG to decide what kind of signal will be sent?
   Thanks very much, and wish you a happy new year!

                                                                                   Zhao Bo
                                                                                   01/03
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:14:00 +0530

zhaobo <[email-masked]> on 01/03/2003 04:16:18 PM

To:   Vikram Nair/HSS@HSS
cc:   [email-masked] (bcc: Kushanava Laha/HSS)

Subject:  [Megaco] Doubt in usage of R2 package

Hi Vikram:
   I have two questions:
   1. What will happed if the incoming MG compells for information not
availiable in outgoing MG, for examples,the signal applies to outgoing MG is
"R2/address{si=2992,di=2989}",but the incoming MG compells for
language/dicrimination digit?

[Kushanava] It is a standard practice in networks that peer R2 registers
(incoming and outgoing gateways) are checked to be in synch wrt their compelling
sequence before going live. If they are not, compelling will fail.

   2. When sls signal applies, some condition shall be sent in Group A backward
signal, some shall be sent in Group B signals. Is the responsibility of MG to
decide what kind of signal will be sent?

[Kushanava] Yes, MG hides the Compelling sequence from the MGC. MG decides based
on the current compelling state what to send as Group A and Group B (or for that
matter other Groups in certain national standards of R2)

Zhao Bo
01/03

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:14:00 +0530

To:   Vikram Nair/HSS@HSS

Hi Vikram:
   I have two questions:

Zhao Bo
01/03