Subject: [Megaco] Query regarding H.248.10 (Congestion Handling Package)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:21:36 +0530

Hi all,

I have few queries in congestion handling package,

The document says:

"Description:

      The package makes it possible for the MG to control its load.

      The events in this package may be provisioned in the MG.

      The event in this package may only be applied to the Root termination."

It means that the events may be provisioned in the MG without any event enabling
      request from MGC.

My questions:

1> If the event is pre provisioned and MGC has not sent ant request for enabling
      this event then

      a)  Can  MG  report  this event to MGC without having any associated event
      request identifier

      b) If (1) yes then what will be the request identifier that should be used
      in notify request.

      c)  If  (1)  is yes, then If the event is pre provisioned and MGC does not
      support such package,

          how  MGC  will convey this to MG so that MG does not report this event
      in future

      d) If (1) is no, then what is the use of pre provisioning.

2>  Is MGC allowed to disable this event. If yes, then how will MGC disable this
      event

3> Can MGC disable the event is it is pre-provisioned

Thanks and regards

Shobhit

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:37:56 +1100

Hello Shobhit,

Please see my replies below.

Regards, Christian

>       a)  Can  MG  report  this event to MGC without having any associated event
[CHG] No
>       d) If (1) is no, then what is the use of pre provisioning.

[CHG] The request ID must be reported as part on an event. Therefore you have
one of two options use EventID=0 or as part of the pre-provisioning
pre-provision the requestID that will be used.

> 2>  Is MGC allowed to disable this event. If yes, then how will MGC disable this

[CHG] Yes. Through normal event disable/replacement routines.

> 3> Can MGC disable the event is it is pre-provisioned

[CHG] Yes. I can't why you would pre-provision the event in the MGC and MG then
disable it??

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:37:56 +1100

Hello Shobhit,

Regards, Christian

[CHG] No