Subject: [Megaco] Megaco support for RFC 2833

From: "Ed Luff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:36:10 -0400

All,
 
It does not appear as though a Megaco package exists to support RFC 2833
for RTP flow terminations.
 
I suppose the question would be whether the existing basic "DTMF
detection Package" should be extended, or whether a new package should
be defined.
 
A few additional questions and possible new requirements.
-          RFC 2833 defines the decimal encodings for DTMF named events
and E.182 line events.  Would a Megaco DigitMap be created, or would the
MGC and MG simply use the decimal encodings defined in RFC 2833?
-          As the RTP payload type for 'telephone-event' is established
dynamically, during the signaling between two clients (for example, two
SIP clients).  It would appear then that the RTP Payload type value
would need to be signaled from the MGC to the MG.
-          The MGC may request the MG to event notify based on the
'volume' and 'duration' of the event.
-          The MG may need to pass up the 'event', 'volume' and
'duration' values, as defined in the payload format for
'telephone-event'
 
Ed
 
Newport Networks Ltd.
www.newport-networks.com
office   (613)-591-8440
mobile (613)-864-1194