Subject: [Megaco] Z duration modifier and Timer overrides

From: Bob Braisted <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:49:34 -0400

i have 2 questions.

1. i see that in previous versions of h248v2 that the Z duration modifier
was called out in Annex B of the protocol (see below)

http://www1.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-h248v2-04.txt

     digitMapName        = NAME 
      digitMapValue       = ["T" COLON Timer COMMA] ["S" COLON Timer COMMA] 
                                     ["L" COLON Timer COMMA] ["Z" COLON
Timer COMMA] 
                                    digitMap  
      Timer               = 1*2DIGIT 
      ; Units are seconds for T, S, and L timers, and hundreds of  
      ; milliseconds for Z timer. Thus T, S, and L range from 1 to 99 
      ; seconds and Z from 100 ms to 9.9 s 

was this unintentionally omitted from the RFC 3525?
and if not, how would one override the provisioned value of the Z duration
modifier on a per call basis?

2. with respect to timer overrides, again referencing h248v2, i notice that
previously,  the letter "T" was a valid digitMapLetter, (used to specify
start timer override), and the latest version does not include "T" in the
digitMapLetter expression. Was this also intentionally removed? and if so,
can we assume that overriding the start digit timer would consist of
specifying   ["T" COLON Timer COMMA] in the digit map descriptor and not
within the digit map string itself.?

the older version has ...

     digitMapLetter    = DIGIT                              ;Basic event
symbols 
                  / %x41-4B / %x61-6B                     ; a-k, A-K 
                  / "L" / "S" / "T"
;Inter-event timers (long, short, start) 
                  / "Z"                                              ;Long
duration modifier 
      
the latest version removes the "T" .

Robert M. Braisted                     Tel:   508-804-8182
Telica, Inc                                  Fax: 508-460-0698 
734 Forest Street                       email:[email-masked]
Building G, Suite 500                                 
Marlboro, MA 01752
<http://www.telica.com/>

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco