Subject: [Megaco] continuity test

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:05:15 +0300

Hello,
Does the following command, due to the absence of Loopback mode request,
necessarily dictates generating a different frequency signal in the
continuity test procedure?

MEGACO/1 [1.2.3.4]:2427
Transaction=111 {Context=- {Modify =PhysTerm {Signals{ct/rsp}}}}

Regards,
Dana H.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:29:03 +0300

Thank you for replying.
I'll refer in this e-mail to the H.248 call flow examples document by
Madhubabu Brahmanapally from March 2002.
From example 2.12, case (b) :

Step 1
MGC to TGW:
MEGACO/1 [216.33.33.61]: 27000
   Transaction = 1234 {
       Context = '-' {
          Modify = Trunk1/line1  {Media {
                    TerminationState {ServiceState = test}
                     LocalControl      { mode = loopback} }
            Signals = { ct/rsp }
           }
      }
   }

There can be two possible cases for responding to the continuity test
originated from the PSTN network. In the first case the Trunking Gateway
generates a signal whose frequency is different from the frequency of the
received signal and in the second case it loops back the received signal
to the switch that originated it. In this example we assume the case of
Loopback. The mode of the termination is also set to loopback to facilitate
this.

From these sentences I understand that the MGC may request for responding
with signal looped back, and from your response to my former question, I
understand that the MG does not have to respect the MGC Loopback mode
request as the COT signal is provisioned by the MG itself. Am I right?

Dana H.

                      Aleksandr Ryabin                                                                                                 
                      <kengr@motorola.         To:      <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,                        
                      com>                     <[email-masked]>                                                           
                                               cc:                                                                                     
                      14/08/03 18:48           Subject: Re: [Megaco] continuity test                                                   

Hi,

No. Specific COT type is provisioned in MG on termination.
MGC should make no assumptions on type of COT is provisioned on MG.
MGC should always send ct/rsp when it wants MG to respond to COT.

Regards,
         Aleks