Subject: [Megaco] Questing regarding digit notification...

From: "Pascal Lambers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 17:43:17 +0200

Hello,

May I present you the following question...

Suppose that digitmap "[0-9]. " is implemented on an Media Gateway's
ROOT and the subscriber dials "1234" (case 1) or "1234#" (case 2).

Consequently, the Media Gateway's controller which receives the Notify
containing the dialled digits and the Termination Method, is unable to
determine whether case 1 or case 2 was dialled. Because in both cases,
applying RFC 3015, the notify will carry ds="1234" and the Termination
Method will be "FM":

Case 1
=====
The user dials 1234. A timeout occurs. As 1234 matches with "[0-9]. ",
the digits 1234 are notified and the Termination Method will be "FM" as
the condition "Full match, completion by timer expiry" is fulfilled.

Case 2
====
The user dials 1234#. The "#" is an unmatched event, the digits 1234 are
notified and the Termination Method will be "FM" as the condition "Full
match, completion by unmatched event" is fulfilled.

So how does the controller know whether the digits were correct if the
gwy does not tell it that a timer expired?

Kind regards,
Pascal