Subject: [Megaco] Signal on Root termination

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:58:24 +0530

Hi
      What is the significance of sending a signal on root termination. As
per the H248.1 V2,  signal can be sent on a root termination.
It is specified somewhere that the suggested application is "Keep-alive"
signalling. However the same purpose is now being met by
Inactivity timer package I suppose (H248.14).
      So kindly clarify the issue and is there any plan to remove this item
in subsequent implementor guides.

Regards
Venkat

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:50:05 +0530

Hi Christian
      Thanks for your clarification.  Can you please share which document
captures  the procedure for this   and what will be the trigger for MGC to
send
a modify command with signal on root.  As far as keeping
association(control association between MG-MGC) alive and knowledge of
association across redundant MG's  is concerned it is more of
implementation dependant issue and it is not clear how signal on root will
be able to resolve this issue.

Regards
Venkat

Christian Groves <[email-masked]>@ietf.org on 11/12/2003
03:32:11 AM

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    B Venkat S.R Swamy/HSS@HSS
cc:    [email-masked]

Subject:    Re: [Megaco] Signal on Root termination

Hello Venkat,

The signal on root was for situations where MGs send keep alives between
each
other to keep associations alive. The keep alive mechanism in H.248.14 is
between the MG and MGC. There is no plan to remove this.

Christian

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:50:05 +0530

Hi Christian

Regards
Venkat

Hello Venkat,

Christian