Subject: [Megaco] Context wildcards

From: "Paul Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:59:26 -0000

Hi,

I have a theoretical type question. I'd simply like to get my head around
the exact meaning of the following type of message (as sent by the MGC to
the MG):

!/1 [10.67.97.76]:2944
T=5981{C=*{MF=tp/0016{SG{},M{O{MO=IN}}},S=tp/0016{AT{}}}} 

This is clearly a clean-up attempt by the MGC.  However , is the "*"
wildcard here meant to specify that the modify command should be carried out
against tp/0016 regardless of which context the termination happens to be
in?

If so, then I assume that the MG should always respond positively to this
command (under any circumstance).  

Thanks,
Paul

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:43:25 -0500

Comments inline. [KJBII]
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: Richard, Paul [MOP:MA03:EXCH] 
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 7:59 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Megaco] Context wildcards

Hi, 

!/1 [10.67.97.76]:2944

This is clearly a clean-up attempt by the MGC.  However , is the "*"
wildcard here meant to specify that the modify command should be carried out
against tp/0016 regardless of which context the termination happens to be
in?
[KJBII] Remember that C=* does NOT match Null.  If the term is in Null, the
MG will fail the Modify with ER=411 and halt processing there. 

Thanks, 
Paul 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:43:25 -0500

Comments inline. [KJBII]
 
Kevin

  _____  

Hi, 

!/1 [10.67.97.76]:2944

Thanks, 
Paul