Subject: [Megaco] Signal on Root termination

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:58:24 +0530

Hi
      What is the significance of sending a signal on root termination. As
per the H248.1 V2,  signal can be sent on a root termination.
It is specified somewhere that the suggested application is "Keep-alive"
signalling. However the same purpose is now being met by
Inactivity timer package I suppose (H248.14).
      So kindly clarify the issue and is there any plan to remove this item
in subsequent implementor guides.

Regards
Venkat

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:02:11 +1100

Hello Venkat,

The signal on root was for situations where MGs send keep alives between each 
other to keep associations alive. The keep alive mechanism in H.248.14 is 
between the MG and MGC. There is no plan to remove this.

Christian

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:02:11 +1100

Hello Venkat,

Christian