Subject: [Megaco] g/sc Notification during Subtract

From: "Harry Suede" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:06:28 -0500

Hi List,

A signal is being applied on a termination in Non-NULL context. Then MGC sends Subtract command on the termination. The MG will stop the signal during processing of Subtract command. Should MG send the Notify command for g/sc event with "NC" (Not completed, other cause) towards MGC?

I think , since all the active descriptors shall be reset during Subtract processing, so MG should **not** send g/sc notification as Events descriptor doesn't contain g/sc at that point of time.

Pls. respond.

Thanks
Harry.

-- 
__________________________________________________________
Sign-up for your own personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Search Smarter - get the new eXact Search Bar for free!
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Sampath Komanduri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:46:50 -0800

Hi Harry,
Assuming that there *wasn't* an empty events descriptor in the Subtract,
MG should send a g/sc event notification with method set to "NC" (Not
completed, other cause).

I don't find anything specified in the protocol with respect to special
handling of g/sc for Subtract. Therefore, normal handling (notify MGC if
Signal playout was aborted for any reason) of g/sc should apply.

Thanks,
Sampath

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Harry Suede
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 3:06 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] g/sc Notification during Subtract

Hi List,

A signal is being applied on a termination in Non-NULL context. Then MGC
sends Subtract command on the termination. The MG will stop the signal
during processing of Subtract command. Should MG send the Notify command
for g/sc event with "NC" (Not completed, other cause) towards MGC?

I think , since all the active descriptors shall be reset during
Subtract processing, so MG should **not** send g/sc notification as
Events descriptor doesn't contain g/sc at that point of time.

Pls. respond.

Thanks
Harry.

---

From: "Sampath Komanduri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:46:50 -0800

Hi Harry,

Thanks,
Sampath

-----Original Message-----

Hi List,

Pls. respond.

Thanks
Harry.