Subject: RE: [Megaco] Embedded Events Behaviour

From: "Wayne Cutler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:09:00 +0000

Thanks for the info.

I agree that it is better practice for the MG not to hold onto
notifications for any length of time. I was just trying to get to the
bottom of why there was such a
difference between MGCP & H248.

Regards,
Wayne

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:50:58 -0500

The event model for Megaco was one of the really contentious items that 
took months to work out.  The basic problem is that the MGCP mechanisms 
mix together some state machines that we in Megaco felt should be 
handled separately in the protocol.  It's been a long time -- I would 
have to refresh myself on the details.

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:50:58 -0500