Subject: [Megaco] Embedded Events Behaviour

From: "Wayne Cutler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:06:25 +0000

I would like to seek clarification as to when an "off-hook" event is
reported when requested with a related Embedded Descriptor, e.g.
something like the following (from the Call Flows document) :-

      Events = 1111 {al/of , Embed { signals {cg/dl}, Events=1112 { al/on},
{dd/ce {Dmap1}}}

The Megaco Call Flows document shows the off-hook being reported to the MGC
on detection followed by a subsequent notification to the MGC
when the received/dialled digits match the digit map in the embedded
request. Can it be confirmed that this is the correct behaviour? If so,
where in the
RFC is this behaviour explicitly described ?

If this behaviour is correct, then it is noted that there is a difference
between MGCP and MEGACO. MGCP would, when using an  embedded request,  have
sent a single notification to the MGC containing botht the "off-hook" and
dialled digits. Is there any historical reason for this difference
between MGCP & MEGACO ?

Reagards,
Wayne.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Manuel Poza <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:08:39 +0100

Hi, Wayne,

In section 7.1.9 of RFC 3525 is stated that:

"When an event is processed against the contents of an active Events Descriptor
and found to be present in that descriptor ("recognized"), the default action
of the MG is to send a Notify command to the MGC. Notification may be deferred
if the event is absorbed into the current dial string of an active digit map
(see 7.1.14).  Any other action is for further study."

It can be concluded from this paragraph that, with the exception of digits
detection, recognised events are notified by default. As fas as I know
additional exceptions (for instance, for events included in an events
descriptor containing an embedded descriptor) have not been considered so far.

Manuel

---

From: Manuel Poza <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:08:39 +0100

Hi, Wayne,

Manuel

---

From: "Usha Iyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:04:56 +0530

Hi Wayne,

	MGCP has a provision to associate action(s) with each of the requested
event. So, specifying an embedded request alone would not result in a single
notification. The off-hook event in the request should be qualified with
action 'accumulate' and Digitmap event should be qualified with action
'notify imm' , for the MG to report the events in a single notification.
Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.
	If you are looking for an event(s) buffering /accumulation mechanism,
Megaco provides for this via EventsBufferDescriptor. You may want to refer
sections 7.1.9 and 7.1.10 in the rfc for the same.

Regards,
Usha

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
>Manuel Poza
>Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 1:39 PM
>To: Wayne Cutler
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [Megaco] Embedded Events Behaviour
>
>
>Hi, Wayne,
>

---

From: "Usha Iyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:04:56 +0530

Hi Wayne,

Regards,
Usha