Subject: [Megaco] Questions on CAS Signal type/durations

From: "Sampath Komanduri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:47:51 -0800

Hi Kevin,
Could you pls. shed some light on the time/duration parameter associated
with the following CAS signals?

A) Seize Signal (defined as brief and duration is specified to be "Not
applicable"): 
Handling is clear and no problem.

B) bcas/addr (defined as brief and duration is specified to be
"Provisioned"): 
Is it acceptable for MG have the default configuration as "Not
applicable" in which case if MGC request a g/sc with this signal, MG
will report it whenever it is done with playing out the signal (no time
bounds)?

C) icasc/addr (defined as Timeout and duration is specified to be
"depends on parameters supplied"): 
What does this mean? Can you suggest some examples on how will MGC
decide on different values for different parameters?

D) amet/em (defined as OnOff and duration is specified to be
"Variable"): 
I am assuming that for all these signals 'duration' parameter will not
be provided by MGC. Only the MG will know the duration of the signals to
be applied. Is this assumption correct?

E) amet/mpb (defined as Brief and duration is specified to be
"Variable"): 
I am assuming that for all these signals 'duration' parameter will not
be provided by MGC. Only the MG will know the duration of the signals to
be applied (based on em duration (configured on MG) and bpc parameter of
the signal). Is this assumption correct?

Thanks,
Sampath

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco