Subject: RE: [Megaco] ServiceChange Address lifetime

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:44:48 -0400

Correct.  The address only persists for the lifetime of the control
association.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: Umesh Sharma [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 9:22 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] ServiceChange Address lifetime

Hi Venkat

>From protocol language it looks the changed address is not persistent:

>> ServiceChangeAddress provides an address to be used within the 
>> context of the association currently being negotiated

regards
Umesh

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 5:28 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] ServiceChange Address lifetime

Hi
      For the scenario mentioned below what is the lifetime of the
ServiceChange Address:
1) Through Management interface MGC is configured for the transport address
of the MediaGateway.
2) MG does a registration with MGC using the configured transport address.
3) At the MG end, local transport address is changed through the management
interface
4) MG sends ServiceChange with ServiceChangeAddress to the MGC.
5) MGC modifies the remote entity information at its end.

Now should this changed address be considered persistent from this point
onwards or its validity is only for the time the association is active.
What if MGC or MG goes down and comes up again, then what should be the MG
address at the MGC end.

Regards
Venkat

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and should
not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco