Subject: [Megaco] Megaco TCP Support - Doubts

From: "Shenbaga Nathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:18:28 -0400

Hi,

I am working on providing TCP transport support for MEGACO
implementation (both MG and MGC). I have some doubts.

1. Should we have ONE TCP connection per gateway?  

For example, if the MG (Media Gateway) sends a Service Change to the MGC
(gateway Controller) it initiates a TCP connection from that gateway.
The MGC replies to the Service Change using the same connection.
However, if the MGC wants to send a command (say Modify) should it use
the same connection or should it try to initiate a new TCP connection to
the MG's default port 2944.

2.  Once a TCP connection is established between MG and MGC, how long
does this connection hold good?. In other     words, under what
circumstances the MG or MGC closes an existing TCP connection and tries
to initiate a new connection.

It would be of great help, if some one could clarify these issues.

Thanks.

Regards,

Nathan

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco