Subject: AW: [Megaco] telephony event defintion

From: Kalleitner Franz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:29:16 +0200

I wonder if anybody could respond on that threat!
Without a codepoint for DTMF, the functionality of RFC2833 cannot be applied
for 
network configuration specifing DTMF as an ACodec i.e for codec negosiation
purposes!
A solution for text encoded H248 is available but not for binary.

Many thanks in advance
Franz

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]Im Auftrag
von Kalleitner Franz
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 17. Juni 2004 13:21
An: [email-masked]'
Betreff: [Megaco] telephony event defintion

Hello megaco-list members,

I didn't manage to transfer the media description of the telephone-event
(defined in RFC 2833) as a media attribute into ASN.1 format.
In SDP its easily done via a dynamically payload type definition, plus
fmtp,rtpmap for the codec definition
Using ASN.1 encoding the payload attribute is defined in H248.1 Annex C.
However, an reference pointing to the codec definition is not available,
therefore I scanned ITU-T and 3GPP references, but I didn't found any
definition for the telephone-event.

Probably another had the same problem, with more success than I'm and may
send a reply to this threat.
Many thanks in advance!

Franz

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:16:48 +1000

Hello Franz,

For BICC networks (where the Acodec is defined in Q.765.5) sending DTMF as per 
RFC2833 is not needed across Q.1950(H.248). The actual SDP parameters used for 
the connection are transmitted via IPBCP (Q.1970).

There is a parameter in H.248.1 annex C 0x100F "Payload Type" that may be of 
some use.

Regards, Christian