Subject: [Megaco] use of request id in individual audit request for events

From: "Milton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:15:53 +0530

Hi,

I have already posted a query about request Id not being shown as optional
in The Megaco/H.248 Gateway Control Protocol, version 2 for individual
audits. But I have a more generic query regarding the use of request id in
individual audit of events. I understand that a new event descriptor always
replaces the current event descriptor and in that case we may not have
multiple events with same event id but multiple request ids - now since it
is mandatory to specify the eventide in the individual audit request for
events - specifying request id may not serve any purpose. Am I missing
something?

Regards,

Milton

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:53:30 +1100

Hello Milton,

You can have multiple eventids in the one requestID. You can also have several 
events with the same eventID set. In this can you must use the request ID to 
distinguish between them.

With respect to the requestId being optional in an individualaudit. The ASN.1 
has the requestID optional in line with the procedures. So we should probably 
update the ABNF.

Regards, Christian

Milton wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I have already posted a query about request Id not being shown as 
> optional in The Megaco/H.248 Gateway Control Protocol, version 2 for 
> individual audits. But I have a more generic query regarding the use of 
> request id in individual audit of events. I understand that a new event 
> descriptor always replaces the current event descriptor and in that case 
> we may not have multiple events with same event id but multiple request 
> ids – now since it is mandatory to specify the eventide in the 
> individual audit request for events – specifying request id may not 
> serve any purpose. Am I missing something?
> 
>  
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Milton
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>