Subject: [Megaco] Tone directions

From: "Gillian Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:02:39 +1100

Dear Megaco members,

There are many tones specified under package/signals descriptions. Some of
them don't have directions (call progress tones), and others have
directions. My questions are below:

1/ Are all tones specified in call progress tones generator (H.248.1)
"external"?

2/ Are the directional signals/tones designed to be applied in the
post-answer stage?

3/ Can you please describe me the scenario on how the carrier dial tone
(H.248.27, carr/cdt) being used? If an MG receives a message to play
carr/cdt signal, does it mean that its direction has to be internal? Does it
also mean this MG has to apply it to the RTP steam? What message is the
other end MG supposed to receive from the MGC?

Thanks for your clarifications.

Regards
Gillian

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 02:10:47 -0500

Comments inline. [KJBII]

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Gillian Wang
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 10:03 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Tone directions

Dear Megaco members,

[KJBII] The default direction for all signals is toward the outside of the
context.  This corresponds to  "ext".

[KJBII] Signals are to be applied whenever the MGC requests them.

[KJBII] As stated in the package, it is used to indicate service is being
provided by a carrier other than the default for the termination.  The MG
will apply the signal in whatever direction the MGC requests.  Signals
played in the internal direction would be played from the termination the
signal is applied to, toward all terminations in the context to which that
termination is currently connected per the Topology Descriptor.  I don't
think that any behavior for the far-end MG is implied or proscribed in this
case, as we are talking about application of a signal to a termination.

Regards
Gillian