Subject: [Megaco] Question related to Txn pending and Pending limit

From: "Mahesh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:25:45 +0530

HI  All,

I would like to clarify the sending of the error response 506 , when the
pending limit gets crossed .

Consider a situation like this

MGOriginated pending limit is 1 .

This is set at MG side by MGC using appropriate message.

MGC send a command to MG .

MG is waiting for the response from user .With in this time the provisional
response timer times out .

MG sends the txn pending to MGC .

Now MGC gets the txn pending message .It finds that the pending limit has
crossed and  do some actions , and abort the

Txn.

The questions is what time  MG have to send the 506 .whether it has to send
the error message along with the txnpending message.Whether this makes any
sense 

OR 

Whether the MG have to wait for some time to send the final 506.

Since MGC is tracking the number of txn pending messages send by MG, When
MGC  finds that the number of

Pending limit have crossed the limit , will it leads to some inconsistency
.The actual error response may come only after

Some time.

Could you please clarify this.

With regards

Mahesh

 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:11:40 -0500

If the pending limit is 1, then the MGC wouldn't take any action until it
receives the SECOND pending or a transaction reply.
 
The MG should send the error descriptor in a transaction reply.  Another
pending is not needed.  If the MG knows that it cannot complete the command
before issuing the second pending, it should go ahead and send the NACK
reply, to allow quicker cleanup and recovery.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Mahesh
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 7:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Question related to Txn pending and Pending limit 

 

HI  All,

Txn.

OR 

Some time.

With regards

Mahesh