Subject: [Megaco] Question related to Txn pending and Pending limit

From: "Mahesh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:47:08 +0530

HI  All,

I would like to clarify the sending of the error response 506 , when the
pending limit gets crossed .

Consider a situation like this

MGOriginated pending limit is 1 .

This is set at MG side by MGC using appropriate message.

MGC send a command to MG .

MG is waiting for the response from user .With in this time the provisional
response timer times out .

MG sends the txn pending to MGC .

Now MGC gets the txn pending message .It finds that the pending limit has
crossed and  do some actions , and abort the

Txn.

The questions is what time  MG have to send the 506 .whether it has to send
the error message along with the txnpending message.Whether this makes any
sense 

OR 

Whether the MG have to wait for some time to send the final 506.

Since MGC is tracking the number of txn pending messages send by MG, When
MGC  finds that the number of

Pending limit have crossed the limit , will it leads to some inconsistency
.The actual error response may come only after

Some time.

Could you please clarify this.

With regards

Mahesh

 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Rajeev K R <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:38:20 +0000

>From H.248.1:

If the MGC supports a higher version than the MG but is able to support the
lower version proposed by the MG, it shall send a ServiceChangeReply with
the lower version and thereafter all the messages between MG and MGC shall
conform to the lower version of the protocol. If the MGC is unable to
comply, it shall reject the association, with Error 406 (Version Not
Supported).

In your case it looks like the MGC is violating the protocol.

If MGC intends to say that it suppors version 2 only and cannot support
version 1, it should have rejected

ServiceChange with error 406.

Since your MG cannot support version 2, it should behave as if the version
negotiation failed (and reject all commands from MGC with error 406).

Rajeev

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Mahesh
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 12:17 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Question related to Txn pending and Pending limit

 

HI  All,

Txn.

OR 

Some time.

With regards

Mahesh