Subject: [Megaco] Version negotiation in Handoff case

From: "Mahesh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:18:12 +0530

HI All,

I will be thankful to you if you can clarify the following scenario  of
handoff .

MG can support v1 and V2 .

MG is currently in a session with Primary MGC and the negotiated version  is
V1.

Primary MGC sends a handoff to MG.

Then for contacting the secondary MGC which version shall the MG use in the
Service change .

With regards

Mahesh

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:09:23 +0530

Hi

As per the protocol specs, Version Negotiation also takes place during 
Handoff and Failover procedures.(Section 11.3)

Regards
B. Venkat S.R Swamy
Hughes Software Systems
www.hssworld.com

"Mahesh" <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
11/11/2004 03:18 PM

To
<[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
[Megaco] Version negotiation in Handoff case

HI All,

 

MG is currently in a session with Primary MGC and the negotiated version  
is V1.

Then for contacting the secondary MGC which version shall the MG use in 
the Service change .

With regards

Mahesh

***********************  HSS-Private   ***********************

"Please note:The email domain of Hughes Software Systems Ltd. has been changed to "hssworld.com" from hss.hns.com"

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited (HSS) and is intended 
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or 
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for 
what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator 
immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly 
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS 
accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted 
by this email including damage from virus."

---

From: "Rashim Anand" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 04:18:29 -0800

Hi Ventak,
 
I believe that the question was which version should the MG use to contact
the new MGC. Should it use the version with which it was communicating with
the old MGC or should it use the maximum version supported at MG? Ofcourse,
either way there will be version negotiation with the new MGC. The final
version negotiated with the new MGC might be V1 or V2 but the doubt is which
version should be used in sending the srvcChng to the new MGC (irrespective
of the new MGC's subsequent reply).
 
Regards,
-Rashim Anand

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 3:39 AM
To: Mahesh
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] Version negotiation in Handoff case

Hi 

Regards 
B. Venkat S.R Swamy 
Hughes Software Systems 
www.hssworld.com 

11/11/2004 03:18 PM 

To
<[email-masked]> 

cc

Subject

HI All, 

  

With regards 

Mahesh 

"Please note:The email domain of Hughes Software Systems Ltd. has been
changed to "hssworld.com" from hss.hns.com"

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended 

solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or 

confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any
purpose other than for 

what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the originator 

immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
you are strictly 

prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this
message. HSS 

accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the
information transmitted

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:44:30 +0530

small correction,
Version Negotiation "may" also take place ........
hence not mandatory.

B Venkat S.R Swamy/HSS@HSS 
Sent by: [email-masked]
11/11/2004 05:09 PM

To
"Mahesh" <[email-masked]>
cc
[email-masked]
Subject
Re: [Megaco] Version negotiation in Handoff case

Hi 

Regards 
B. Venkat S.R Swamy 
Hughes Software Systems 
www.hssworld.com 

11/11/2004 03:18 PM 

To
<[email-masked]> 
cc

Subject

HI All,

  

With regards 

Mahesh 

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems 
Limited (HSS) and is intended 
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may 
contain  privileged or 
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any 
purpose other than for 
what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please 
notify the originator 
immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that 
you are strictly 
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of 
this message. HSS 
accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the 
information transmitted 
by this email including damage from virus."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:49:39 +0530

Hi Rashim

If MG is doing version negotiation then I suppose MG should send Service 
Change with its highest version support.(in your case V2)

regards
B. Venkat S.R Swamy
Hughes Software Systems
www.hssworld.com

"Rashim Anand" <[email-masked]> 
11/11/2004 05:48 PM

To
B Venkat S.R Swamy/HSS@HSS, "'Mahesh'" <[email-masked]>
cc
<[email-masked]>
Subject
RE: [Megaco] Version negotiation in Handoff case

Hi  Ventak,
 
I  believe that the question was which version should the MG use to 
contact the new  MGC. Should it use the version with which it was 
communicating with the old MGC  or should it use the maximum version 
supported at MG? Ofcourse, either way there  will be version negotiation 
with the new MGC. The final version negotiated with  the new MGC might be 
V1 or V2 but the doubt is which version should be used in  sending the 
srvcChng to the new MGC (irrespective of the new MGC's subsequent  reply).
 
Regards,
-Rashim Anand

-----Original Message-----
From:  [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf 
Of  [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 3:39  AM
To: Mahesh
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re:  [Megaco] Version negotiation in Handoff case

Hi 

Regards 
B. Venkat S.R  Swamy 
Hughes Software Systems 
www.hssworld.com 

11/11/2004 03:18 PM 

To
<[email-masked]> 
cc

Subject

HI All, 

  

With regards 

Mahesh