Subject: [MEGACO] Number of Call Processing Blocks in VMG ?

From: 김계완 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 07:06:34 +0000 (GMT)

Hello.

I wonder about the number of call processing block (CP) in VMG.

In VMG, I think the below 2 sw architecture can be possible. (is correct
my thinking?)

If my thinking is correct, which architecture is more general ?

1. model 1 (CP1=>VMG1,CP2=>MG2)

Process CP1 controls VMG1 call control, Another process CP2 controls VMG2
call control.

if N VMGs, the number N call processing blocks is running simultaneously

2. model 2 (Common CP=>VMG1,VMG2)

Common process CP controls VMG1, VMG2.  The CP can manage VMG1,VMG2
internally.

in N VMGs, only one call processing block is running.

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:47:13 -0500

The second architecture is definitely possible.  It is also possible to have a
pool of processes.  The size of the pool is governed by engineering
considerations, but messages are queued by a central dispatch process and handed
off to members of the pool as they become available.

김계완 wrote:
> Process CP1 controls VMG1 call control, Another process CP2 controls 
> VMG2 call control.
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Tom Taylor
Carrier VoIP Standards Development
Nortel Networks
Phone +1 613 763 1496  (ESN 393-1496)
E-mail: [email-masked]