Subject: [Megaco] about servicechage with restart

From: "wesley.wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:01:39 +0800

Hi All:
    There is one question.

    We have one Terminations in busy status(which we are using), in some time it comes ServiceChange Request with restart of this Termination. what should the server do?

   should it release all the call relative with this termination?

   We are using one Media gateway, when it doing hand over inside, it will report all the E1 resource ServiceChange with restart parameter,  Is this nessesary?

   Can Server conside the resource is in free state when recv servicechange request with restart method?

Thanks.

BR

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 00:58:18 -0500

What the MGC does is completely within its domain.  If the termination
restarted, I assume the termination would need to be subtracted for any
context it is in, but that is really dependent upon your application.

Note that there is no "call" in H.248.  Terminations are grouped together in
contexts.  One or more contests might constitute the common ides of a
"call", but then again it may not.

The MG may send ServiceChanges whenever it likes.  I don't know that it is
necessary for it to do so on a Failover (Handoff is for redundant takeover
in MGCs, not MGs) -- but again, it would depend upon the application and
what the terminations require after the Failover.

The state of the terminations is dependent upon BOTH the ServiceChangeMethod
and the ServiceChangeReason.  The MGC must consider both when deciding if
the terminations have retained any state.  Note that Reason is MANDATORY in
ServiceChange commands.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
wesley.wang
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2004 5:02 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] about servicechage with restart

Hi All:
    There is one question.

    We have one Terminations in busy status(which we are using), in some
time it comes ServiceChange Request with restart of this Termination. what
should the server do?

   We are using one Media gateway, when it doing hand over inside, it will
report all the E1 resource ServiceChange with restart parameter,  Is this
nessesary?

   Can Server conside the resource is in free state when recv servicechange
request with restart method?

Thanks.

BR