Subject: [Megaco] query on MTP3B as Transport option

From: "Deepak " <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:58:22 +0530

Hi

    I have a very small query when Megaco uses MTP3B as transport .Like in
case of TCP and UDP we are having different  port for ASN and TEXT encoding.
So when we receive any message from lower layer Megaco is able to
distinguish which type of decoding to apply as it know from which port it is
receiving the message .But how can we distinguish the same case when MTP3B
is transport .Can someone help me on this query ??

Regards

Deepak

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:08:22 -0500

MTP3B transport is described in H.248.5.  Differentiation of encoding can be
based upon the registration message from the MG.  Try decoding it as one,
and then the other.  Which ever it is will be the encoding used throughout
the control association.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Deepak 
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 8:28 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] query on MTP3B as Transport option

Hi

 

Regards

Deepak