Subject: [Megaco] extended packages.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:25:57 +0200

Hello,

I have a question regarding extended packages.
Consider the following packages example: al , xal

Are the basic events ALWAYS refered with the basic package (al/on) and ONLY
the extendet event/signals refered with the extended package (xal/las)?

If MG supports xal package:
1. When MGC instructs MG to detect event or send signals will it refer ONLY
with xal package name? (e.g: xal/on , xal/off) or it may also refer with
al/on?
2. In Audit capabilities, does the MG has to report "al" package as well as
"xal" package? or reporting "xal" is enough?
3. In case that  only "xal" was reported, can the MGC still refer MG with
"al" package's event/signals? (e.g al/on), or it will use xal package to
refer these events?

I'll appreciate your help on the above.

Thanks, Aliza

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:50:50 +0100

Hello,

>From my understanding see my answers in your mail.

Regards
Jean-Luc

[email-masked]@ietf.org on 30/12/2004 11:25:57

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:    [Megaco] extended packages.

Hello,

Are the basic events ALWAYS refered with the basic package (al/on) and ONLY
the extendet event/signals refered with the extended package (xal/las)?
JLR : no you can you use the extented package as well. The rule is that
event/signals existing in the basic package can be refered with the basic
package or the extended package. Event/signals defined in the extended
package can be refered of course only with the extended package.

If MG supports xal package:
1. When MGC instructs MG to detect event or send signals will it refer ONLY
with xal package name? (e.g: xal/on , xal/off) or it may also refer with
al/on?
JLR : both are valid and equivalent and should be accepted by the MG

2. In Audit capabilities, does the MG has to report "al" package as well as
"xal" package? or reporting "xal" is enough?
JLR : both are valid and equivalent and should be accepted by the MGC

3. In case that  only "xal" was reported, can the MGC still refer MG with
"al" package's event/signals? (e.g al/on), or it will use xal package to
refer these events?
JLR : both are valid and equivalent and should be accepted by the MG

Thanks, Aliza

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:48:01 +0530

Hi all

Just to highlight one more things relating point 3 below is that as per the
protocol (H248.1 V2 May 2002) Sec 6.2.3,para 5
It is mandatory for the MG to support Base package , however it is optional
to publish the base package as an allowed interface through the Audit
procedure.
So if MG has not published the base package  then MGC should not send AL/ON
and only XAL/ON is valid.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Hughes Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-2455555 Extn 3620
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.hssworld.com

             Jean-Luc.Lecuyer@                                             
             alcatel.fr                                                    
             Sent by:                                                   To 
             megaco-bounces@ie         [email-masked]          
             tf.org                                                     cc 
                                       [email-masked]                     
                                                                   Subject 
             12/30/2004 07:20          Re: [Megaco] extended packages.     
             PM                                                            

Hello,

Regards
Jean-Luc

To:    [email-masked]
cc:

Hello,

Thanks, Aliza

 ***********************  HSS-Restricted   ***********************

"Please note:  The email domain of Hughes Software Systems Ltd. has
been changed to "hssworld.com" from hss.hns.com"

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the  individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information and  should not be  circulated or  used for any purpose
other than for what  it is intended.  If  you have   received  this
message in  error, please notify the originator immediately. If you
are   not the  intended recipient, you are  notified  that  you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  HSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."