Subject: [Megaco] ReserveGroup and Reserve value

From: "Mahesh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:34:41 +0530

HI ,

Could you please tell me the exact difference between Reserve Group and
Reserve Value .

With regards

Mahesh

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:37:23 +1100

Reserve Group allows you to reserve sets of values where their could be an 
interdepency between them.

eg. Group1    AudioCodec=AMR
	      VideoCodec=H.263
     Group2    Codec=G711
   	      VideoCodec=H.264
Which basically says the MG can do AMR and H.263  or G711 and H.264.

Reserve Value allows to do a similar thing but theres no association between the 
parameters.
    	      Codec=AMR,G711
	      VideoCodec=H.263,H.264
So the MG could support AMR and H.264 or H.263.

Christian

Mahesh wrote:

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:23:07 +0530

Hi
   The defination of ReserveGroup and Reserve Value is given in the
protocol section 7.1.8

   "If ReserveGroup is True, the MG reserves the resources required to
   support any of the requested property group alternatives that it can
   currently support.  If ReserveValue is True, the MG reserves the
   resources required to support any of the requested property value
   alternatives that it can currently support."

an example of this would be a case where CallAgent wishes to know if MG
supports both Audio and Fax capabilities, then Call Agent will
instructs MG to respond with the values of both its audio RTP/AVP
capabilities and its image/t38 capabilities. For this it sets the
"ReserveGroup=True" in the LocalControl descriptor to ask the MG to reserve
resources for both audio and image media descriptors.
Similarly CallAgent will set "ReserveValue = True" to ask the MG to reserve
resources for all the possible codecs(example below 18 and 0)
offered in the media descriptor

Add = $ {
Media {
Stream = 1 {
LocalControl { Mode = ReceiveOnly, ReserveGroup = True, ReserveValue =
True},
Local {
v=0
c=IN IP4 $
m=audio $ RTP/AVP 18 0
v=0
c=IN IP4 $
m=image $ udptl t38
}} }

So if MG supports both Audio and Fax then in response to Add command it
will return both the media capabilities with resources reserved for all the
codecs.
For further details on incapability to support the resources refer the
guidelines given in the protocol section 7.1.8.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Hughes Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-2455555 Extn 3620
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.hssworld.com

             "Mahesh"                                                     
             <[email-masked]>                                            
             Sent by:                                                   To
             megaco-bounces@ie         <[email-masked]>                  
             tf.org                                                     cc
                                                                          
                                                                   Subject
             12/16/2004 09:34          [Megaco] ReserveGroup and Reserve  
             AM                        value                              

                                                                          

HI ,

With regards

Mahesh

***********************  HSS-Unclassified   ***********************

"Please note:  The email domain of Hughes Software Systems Ltd. has
been changed to "hssworld.com" from hss.hns.com"

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the  individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information and  should not be  circulated or  used for any purpose
other than for what  it is intended.  If  you have   received  this
message in  error, please notify the originator immediately. If you
are   not the  intended recipient, you are  notified  that  you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  HSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."