Subject: [Megaco] optional parameters "ServiceChamgeAddress", "ImmAck"

From: Pellegrino Jose Luis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:33:10 -0300

Hi, can anyone give me one opinion?

In order to resolve interoperability multivendor, both, MG and MGC must
agree wich optional parameters are soported.
For example, the ServiceChangeAddress is optional in Service Change. And so
is ImmAck in replay. So, because they are optional, may be that  many
vendors soport these parameters, and others doesn´t, so the interoperability
is not possible.

The question, if anybody can help me, is wich is the criteria to include
these parameters.
 
Reading the "Megaco/h.248 call flows examples", we can find that
ServiceChangeAddress is used in ServiceChange,  but ImmAck is not. It seems
to be ServiceChangeAddress is more frecuently used than ImmAck. Am I right?

Best regards,
José
 
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:26:00 -0500

ImmAck is actually required when a Pending has been sent.  So there are
instances where the ImmAck is not optional.
 
Further, while these are optional to send, I believe implementations ought
to be expected to handle them if received.  So the receiver of these
parameters should have implemented the correct functionality as concerns the
parameters in question.
 
ImmAck only really comes into play in an ALF/UDP transport scenario -- it is
unnecessary when using a guaranteed-delivery transport.  The use of
ServiceChangeAddress is, I believe, cautioned against in the spec.  I
disagree that SCAddr is more common in actual use -- my experience shows
much more frequent use of ImmAck.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Pellegrino Jose Luis
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 10:33 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Megaco] optional parameters "ServiceChamgeAddress", "ImmAck"

  

Best regards, 
José