Subject: [Megaco] Usage of contextTerminationAudit ambiguous

From: "Thomas, Titty (Titty)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:40:55 +0530

Hi,

	I feel there is some ambiguity in the usage of 
	contextTerminationAudit	parameter in audit response messages,
	especially in response to a audit request	with specific
contextId
	and wildcarded terminationId?

	For eg, if there are two terminations T1/1 and T1/2 in context 1,
	what should be the reply to Context = 1 {AuditValue = * Audit {}}.
	
	Can the response use the contextTerminationAudit option
	and the reply be Context =1 { AuditValue = Context {T1/1, T1/2}?

	Or 
	
	As per the wildcarded termination usage, will it generate responses
	for each matching termination and the reply be
	Context =1 {AuditValue = T1/1, AuditValue = T1/2}.

	If this issue was discussed before, pointers to that will be
	very helpful.

Thanks,
Thomas, Titty

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:56:49 +0530

Hi,

For empty audit descriptor, with context ID 1 and termination ID *, the
reply should be:
Context =1 { AuditValue = Context {T1/1, T1/2}

Please find below a part of section 7.2.5 of protocol H.248.1 (May 2002).

"Specifying  an  empty  Audit  descriptor results in only the TerminationID
being  returned.  This  may  be useful to get a list of TerminationIDs when
used with wildcard. Annexes A and B provide a special syntax for presenting
such  a  list  in condensed form, such that the AuditValue command tag does
not have to be repeated for each TerminationID."

MGC should be able to accept both kind of responses as both the responses
are syntactically correct.

Regards,
Sudhanshu
Hughes Software Systems
www.hssworld.com

             "Thomas, Titty                                                
             (Titty)"                                                      
             <[email-masked]                                          To 
             >                         "[email-masked]'"                 
             Sent by:                  <[email-masked]>                   
             megaco-bounces@ie                                          cc 
             tf.org                                                        
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [Megaco] Usage of                   
             01/31/2005 03:40          contextTerminationAudit ambiguous   
             PM                                                            

Hi,

             I feel there is some ambiguity in the usage of
             contextTerminationAudit             parameter in audit
response messages,
             especially in response to a audit request             with
specific
contextId
             and wildcarded terminationId?

             For eg, if there are two terminations T1/1 and T1/2 in context
1,
             what should be the reply to Context = 1 {AuditValue = * Audit
{}}.

             Can the response use the contextTerminationAudit option
             and the reply be Context =1 { AuditValue = Context {T1/1,
T1/2}?

             Or

             As per the wildcarded termination usage, will it generate
responses
             for each matching termination and the reply be
             Context =1 {AuditValue = T1/1, AuditValue = T1/2}.

Thanks,
Thomas, Titty

***********************  HSS-Private   ***********************

Witness  "IMS"  and the  realization of "Fixed Mobile  Convergence" 
at  Booth  No (F64, hall 2)  at  the  3GSM  World   Congress  2005, 
Cannes ( France ) from 14th  February 2005  to 17th  February  2005
Register  on   www.hssworld.com  for a  meeting  with  our  experts

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the  individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information and  should not be  circulated or  used for any purpose
other than for what  it is intended.  If  you have   received  this
message in  error, please notify the originator immediately. If you
are   not the  intended recipient, you are  notified  that  you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  HSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."