Subject: [Megaco] Ringing definition

From: "Gillian Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:52:06 +1100

Hi all,

Different ringing patterns can be specified in H.248.23 (Enhanced alerting
package), and also a ringing signal is defined in Anolog Line Supervision
(al/ri).

If both packages are supported, does the MG has to implement the default
pattern 1 in H.248.23 same as the ringing defined in H.248.1 (al/ri)?

Thanks
Gillian

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:49:08 +0530

Hi,

As mentioned in specification H.248.23 and H.248.1 Section E.9.3, both
"ALERT/RI pattern 1" and "AL/RI default cadence and frequency" can be
provisioned. The protocol does not mandate H.248.23 pattern 1 to be same as
AL/RI default.

Though MG may wish to keep it same.

Regards,
Sudhanshu
Hughes Software Systems
www.hssworld.com

             "Gillian Wang"                                                
             <Gillian.Wang@nec                                             
             .com.au>                                                   To 
             Sent by:                  <[email-masked]>                   
             megaco-bounces@ie                                          cc 
             tf.org                                                        
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [Megaco] Ringing definition         
             01/27/2005 09:22                                              
             AM                                                            

Hi all,

Thanks
Gillian

***********************  HSS-Private   ***********************

Witness "IMS" and the realization of "Fixed Mobile  Convergence" at
our stand (F64, hall 2) at  the 3GSM World Congress 2005, Cannes(France)
from 14th February to 17th  February 

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the  individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information and  should not be  circulated or  used for any purpose
other than for what  it is intended.  If  you have   received  this
message in  error, please notify the originator immediately. If you
are   not the  intended recipient, you are  notified  that  you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  HSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."