Subject: RE: [Megaco] Ringing definition

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:44:49 -0500

Since pattern 1 is the default for the alert/ri signal, it would follow that
the MG would have that set to the default cadence for al/ri.  While there is
no requirement to do so, I don't see the sense of doing it any other way.

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 2:19 AM
To: Gillian Wang
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] Ringing definition

Hi,

As mentioned in specification H.248.23 and H.248.1 Section E.9.3, both
"ALERT/RI pattern 1" and "AL/RI default cadence and frequency" can be
provisioned. The protocol does not mandate H.248.23 pattern 1 to be same as
AL/RI default.

Though MG may wish to keep it same.

Regards,
Sudhanshu
Hughes Software Systems
www.hssworld.com

             "Gillian Wang"                                                
             <Gillian.Wang@nec                                             
             .com.au>                                                   To 
             Sent by:                  <[email-masked]>                   
             megaco-bounces@ie                                          cc 
             tf.org                                                        
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [Megaco] Ringing definition         
             01/27/2005 09:22                                              
             AM                                                            

Hi all,

Different ringing patterns can be specified in H.248.23 (Enhanced alerting
package), and also a ringing signal is defined in Anolog Line Supervision
(al/ri).

If both packages are supported, does the MG has to implement the default
pattern 1 in H.248.23 same as the ringing defined in H.248.1 (al/ri)?

Thanks
Gillian

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

***********************  HSS-Private   ***********************

Witness "IMS" and the realization of "Fixed Mobile  Convergence" at our
stand (F64, hall 2) at  the 3GSM World Congress 2005, Cannes(France) from
14th February to 17th  February 

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the  individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be  circulated or  used for any purpose
other than for what  it is intended.  If  you have   received  this
message in  error, please notify the originator immediately. If you
are   not the  intended recipient, you are  notified  that  you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing the
contents of this message.  HSS  accepts no  responsibility  for loss or
damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted by this email
including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco