Subject: [Megaco] Statictics in the Network package

From: "CHATRAS Bruno RD-CORE-ISS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:48:43 +0100

Hello,

Can someone clarify the following two issues regarding the statistics
defined in the Network package:

1) Are the Octets Sent/Received statistics applicable to all types of
terminations, including analog terminations? 

2) Does the number of octets include the IP header?

I'm inclided to think that these statitics are not applicable to
terminations representing analog lines. However, the example call flow
of H.248.1 Appendix I seems to have made a different assumption: when
the MGC subtract an analog termination (A5555), the MG returns the
following:

Statistics { 
             nt/os=45123, ; Octets Sent
             nt/or=45123, ; Octets Received
             nt/dur=40000 ; in milliseconds
             }
On the other hand, in the examples documented in
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-call
flows-04.txt, the nt/os and nt/or statistics are never reported for
physical terminations.
Regards,
Bruno

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:21:07 -0500

I think it would depend upon your implementation.  Note that both Appendix I
and the I-D you mention are informational in nature, and are not binding.
 
If it isn't possible to keep these counts for a particular termination, then
the MG ought to return 0, or some other indication of the lack of counts.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
CHATRAS Bruno RD-CORE-ISS
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 9:49 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Statictics in the Network package

Hello, 

I'm inclided to think that these statitics are not applicable to
terminations representing analog lines. However, the example call flow of
H.248.1 Appendix I seems to have made a different assumption: when the MGC
subtract an analog termination (A5555), the MG returns the following:

Statistics { 
             nt/os=45123, ; Octets Sent 
             nt/or=45123, ; Octets Received 
             nt/dur=40000 ; in milliseconds 
             } 
On the other hand, in the examples documented in
<ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-callflo
ws-04.txt>
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-callflow
s-04.txt, the nt/os and nt/or statistics are never reported for physical
terminations.

Regards, 
Bruno