Subject: [Megaco] how to specify "packagesItem" in a Megaco message?

From: "Pascal Lambers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:02:54 +0100

Hi,

Suppose that a MGC sends the following AuditValue to the ROOT of its MGW:
  Transaction=1{Context=-{AuditValue=ROOT{Audit{Packages}}}}
And as a reply to this message, suppose that this MGW wants to tell its MGC that it supports the Call Progress Tones Detection Package (PackageID: cd (0x0008)). What will be the exact syntax of the MGW's reply? The message will be as in the example below, but I don't know how "packageItem" should be filled in, taking into consideration the RFC 3525's ABNF syntax specification 'packagesItem = NAME "-" UINT16':
  Reply=1{Context=-{AuditValue=ROOT{Packages{<packagesItem>}}}}

Thanks a lot in advance!
Pascal

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:17:44 -0500

The syntax allows for a PackageID and the supported package version.  So, if
the MG supports cd version 1, that would be included as "cd-1".  So, to use
the example messaging from your mail: P=1{C=-{AV=Root{PG{cd-1}
 
Remember that a package audit on root returns the union of packages
supported on all terminations, including root.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Pascal Lambers
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:03 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] how to specify "packagesItem" in a Megaco message?

Hi,

And as a reply to this message, suppose that this MGW wants to tell its MGC
that it supports the Call Progress Tones Detection Package (PackageID: cd
(0x0008)). What will be the exact syntax of the MGW's reply? The message
will be as in the example below, but I don't know how "packageItem" should
be filled in, taking into consideration the RFC 3525's ABNF syntax
specification 'packagesItem = NAME "-" UINT16':

Thanks a lot in advance!
Pascal