Subject: RE: [Megaco] Request and responses in a megaco message body

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:33:19 -0500

Yes, transactions and replies can exist in the same message.  7.2.8
addresses the instance where the transactions are sent to an address, but
that differs from the address from which received commands originated.
because replies, pendings, etc., have to go back to the source address of
the command, there may be instances where transactions and replies cannot be
bundled into the same message.
 
I know of at least one implementation that bundles transactions and replies
regularly.
 
Kevin

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Mahesh
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2005 11:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Request and responses in a megaco message body

HI,

 Could you please clarify the following .

The ABNF for the megaco message body is the following  .

       messageBody          = ( errorDescriptor / transactionList ) 

      transactionList      = 1*( transactionRequest / transactionReply /  

                             transactionPending / transactionResponseAck )

So can we have a transaction request and  a transaction reply  in the same
megaco message ?

But Section 7.2.8 tells that

"At the same 

      time, as indicated in clause 9, transaction replies and pending 

      indications must be sent to the address from which the corresponding 

      requests originated. This must be done even if it implies extra 

      messaging because commands and responses cannot be packed together"

This means we can have only requests/ responses in a megaco message body???
So can we piggy back a request to a response .If we can, any body is using
that.

With thanks and regards

Mahesh

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Mahesh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:32:03 +0530

HI Kevin,

I am bit confused  with  

"  7.2.8 addresses the instance where the transactions are sent to an
address, but that differs from the address from which received commands
originated.  because replies, pendings, etc" .

Could you please explain it a little bit .

With regards

Mahesh

  _____  

From: Kevin Boyle [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 11:03 AM
To: Mahesh; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] Request and responses in a megaco message body

Kevin

  _____  

HI,

"At the same 

 

 

With thanks and regards

Mahesh

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:02:27 +0530

In scenarios where there is no change in the association transport address
i.e neither the MG nor MGC has specified ServiceChangeAddress in the
Initial Service Change registration procedure, then in those cases MG and
MGC can send the Transaction replies, pendings and request message in the
same Megaco Message, since they are addressed to the same transport
address.
However in cases as mentioned below and in section 7.2.8, there is a change
in the association transport address through ServiceChangeAddress
parameter, the entity receiving the command should generate any subsequent
REQUEST(not the pending or responses) to the new address(as specified in
the Service changeAddress) and not to the old address. However as per 7.2.8
and section 9 , the Pending or Responses should be sent to the source
address originating the request.

I hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Hughes Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-2455555 Extn 3620
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.hssworld.com

             "Mahesh"                                                      
             <[email-masked]>                                             
             Sent by:                                                   To 
             megaco-bounces@ie         <[email-masked]>                   
             tf.org                                                     cc 
                                                                           
                                                                   Subject 
             02/21/2005 11:32          RE: [Megaco] Request and responses  
             AM                        in a megaco message body            

                                                                           

HI Kevin,
I am bit confused  with
“  7.2.8 addresses the instance where the transactions are sent to an
address, but that differs from the address from which received commands
originated.  because replies, pendings, etc” .

With regards
Mahesh

Yes, transactions and replies can exist in the same message.  7.2.8
addresses the instance where the transactions are sent to an address, but
that differs from the address from which received commands originated.
because replies, pendings, etc., have to go back to the source address of
the command, there may be instances where transactions and replies cannot
be bundled into the same message.

Kevin

      From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
      Behalf Of Mahesh
      Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2005 11:14 PM
      To: [email-masked]
      Subject: [Megaco] Request and responses in a megaco message body
      HI,

            transactionList      = 1*( transactionRequest /
      transactionReply /
                                   transactionPending /
      transactionResponseAck )

      So can we have a transaction request and  a transaction reply  in the
      same megaco message ?

      But Section 7.2.8 tells that
      “At the same
            time, as indicated in clause 9, transaction replies and pending
            indications must be sent to the address from which the
      corresponding
            requests originated. This must be done even if it implies extra
            messaging because commands and responses cannot be packed
      together”

      This means we can have only requests/ responses in a megaco message
      body???
      So can we piggy back a request to a response .If we can, any body is
      using that.

      With thanks and regards
      Mahesh

      ***********************  HSS-Restricted   ***********************
Witness  "IMS"  and the  realization of "Fixed Mobile  Convergence" 
at  Booth  No (F64, hall 2)  at  the  3GSM  World   Congress  2005, 
Cannes ( France ) from 14th  February 2005  to 17th  February  2005
Register  on   www.hssworld.com  for a  meeting  with  our  experts

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the  individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information and  should not be  circulated or  used for any purpose
other than for what  it is intended.  If  you have   received  this
message in  error, please notify the originator immediately. If you
are   not the  intended recipient, you are  notified  that  you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  HSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco