Subject: [Megaco] Support of extensions to Enhanced digit collection package

From: "Jan Lindquist \(AL/EAB\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:51:07 +0100

Hello megaco community,
 
I have a question relating to the usage of the Enhanced digit collection
package, H.248.16.  There is an overlap of functionality and procedures
with DTMF detection package, H.248.1 E.6, which I would like to get
clarified.
 
Two questions:
 
1) Enhanced digit collection package extends the DTMF detection package.
According to H.248 section 6.2.3 it means that the MG has to support not
only the the xdd package but also all the properties, signals, events
and statistics of dd.  Has anybody used the dd parameters when xdd is
supported?  If so why?  The motivation for this question is
interoperability and what does an MGC have to support.  Can an MGC
simply use only the properties, signals, events and statistics defined
in xdd?  It is odd to require the MG to support extensions when it is
enough to support only the new package.
 
2) Has anybody used DTMF detection package with the EventBufferControl
property instead of the Enhanced digit collection package which support
buffering with the buffer control parameter in xce?  There is clearly an
overlap but has anybody used EventBufferControl in this way?
 
Feedback is appreciated.
 
Regards,
JanL
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco