Subject: [Megaco] serviceChangeReason code's length

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:52:16 +0200

Hi,

"A serviceChangeReason consists of a numeric reason code and an optional
text description."

These codes now are 3 digit long (between 900 and 920).

Is it garanteed anywhere that these codes are always exactly 3 digit
long?

(E.g. in H.248.1 one can read:

"14.3 ServiceChange reasons
The following considerations SHALL be met to register service change
reason
with IANA:
1) A one-phrase, 80-character maximum, unique reason code is registered
for
each reason."

Is this a bug in the standard's text? Or this refers only to IANA's
needs,
while the standard can be more strict? I haven't found any other
restrictions
on the length of this code... Do they exist anywhere?)

Thanks,
Peter Tury

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco