Subject: [Megaco] When is automatic switching between codecs useful?

From: Raphael Tryster <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 18:40:06 +0200

ReserveValue=TRUE may be used to reserve resources for multiple codecs in a
call.  In this case, the local descriptor will list multiple codecs.  Common
examples of where this might be done are where a low bit rate codec should
be switched to G.711 on detecting a DTMF digit or fax or modem.  My question
is whether there are other scenarios when this is useful, and what would
typically be the trigger?  Would it be automatically switching the transmit
codec when the received codec changes?  In that case, what might have
triggered the remote sender to switch to a different codec?  Are there any
scenarios where automatic switching between different low bit rate codecs is
useful?

Raphael Tryster
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 10:21:30 -0400

Something on the top of my mind: RFC 2833!

Raphael Tryster wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>