Subject: [Megaco] Re: Silence Suppression (Tamar Nemet)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:01:10 +0800

As far as I know there is no package defining "Silence suppression " in
H.248

But There are some SDP option that can enable "Silence suppression ":
for G729, you can send G729 paytype 18 with an attribute line "a=fmtp:18
annexb=yes(no)" to enable/diable silence suppression
Silence compression is defined in G729B

example:
m=audio xxxx RTP/AVP 18
a=fmtp:18 annexb=yes  /* enable silence suppression "a=fmtp:18 annexb=no"
diable silence suppression */

For G711,there are some way to  diable silence compression,such as enable
VBD mode.

//Hello,
//I am looking for the package which include silence suppression (ON/OFF
?).
//I looked at the tdmc package and I found there echo cancellation and gain
//control, but no silence suppression.
//Does anybody know where is it ?

/*---------------------------------------------------
    Scientists try to learn the world better;
    Engineers try to make the world better
---------------------------------------------------*/

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco