Subject: RE: [Megaco] digitmap/signals descriptor

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 02:47:52 -0500

There are line features which allow a line to automatically connect to a
predesignated line without collecting digits.  MGs, ultimately, should
do as they are instructed, and if that includes building a connection
without collecting digits, then so be it.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 5:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] digitmap/signals descriptor

In an application I am working on, I would like to only use the analog
line supervision packag to detect onhook and offhook, and not use a
digitmap or signals (cg/dt)...

Basically I would like to patch a connection strait through to the far
end and have the local media gateway not bother with digits, progess
tone, etc. 
(I understand I will have to do something for ring on an incoming call)

Is this approach something that work work with standard media gateways
or do they, by default, expect to collect digits.

Thank you in adavance for your help.
-Mike

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco