Subject: RE: [Megaco] serviceChangeReason code's length

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 15:30:45 -0500

While there is nothing that restricts this, the intent is that the
encoding would be similar to error codes.  Error codes are specified as
being between 1 and 4 digits long.  I think it is safe to assume that
the numerical codes for SCReasons would match this paradigm.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 10:52 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] serviceChangeReason code's length

Hi,

"A serviceChangeReason consists of a numeric reason code and an optional
text description."

These codes now are 3 digit long (between 900 and 920).

Is it garanteed anywhere that these codes are always exactly 3 digit
long?

(E.g. in H.248.1 one can read:

"14.3 ServiceChange reasons
The following considerations SHALL be met to register service change
reason with IANA:
1) A one-phrase, 80-character maximum, unique reason code is registered
for each reason."

Is this a bug in the standard's text? Or this refers only to IANA's
needs, while the standard can be more strict? I haven't found any other
restrictions on the length of this code... Do they exist anywhere?)

Thanks,
Peter Tury

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco