Subject: [Megaco] inconsistency in the ASN and ABNF grammars on the MEGACO for the termination ID

From: "Ganesh Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:10:01 +0530

Hello,

            Here I have some question regarding the termination id.

            The termination id interpretation in ABNF and ASN are
different.

Here I am giving the interpretation of termination id in ABNF and ASN

ABNF

ammRequest           = (AddToken / MoveToken / ModifyToken ) EQUAL  

                             TerminationID [LBRKT ammParameter *(COMMA  

                             ammParameter) RBRKT]

      TransactionID        = UINT32

      TerminationID        = "ROOT" / pathNAME / "$" / "*" 

      terminationIDList  = LBRKT TerminationID *(COMMA TerminationID)
RBRKT

ASN

     AmmRequest ::= SEQUENCE 

      { 

         terminationID        TerminationIDList, 

         descriptors          SEQUENCE OF AmmDescriptor, 

         -- At most one descriptor of each type (see AmmDescriptor) 

         -- allowed in the sequence. 

         ...

      }

WildcardField ::= OCTET STRING(SIZE(1)) 

      TerminationID ::= SEQUENCE 

      { 

         wildcard       SEQUENCE OF WildcardField,  

         id             OCTET STRING(SIZE(1..8)), 

         ... 

      } 

      -- See A.1 for explanation of wildcarding mechanism. 

      -- Termination ID 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF indicates the ROOT
Termination. 

      TerminationIDList ::= SEQUENCE OF TerminationID

In the ABNF the AmmRequest contains terminationID but in the ASN
AmmRequest contains terminationIDList.

Then how to make both consistent?

Thanks,

Ganesh

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:43:41 -0500

I think you'll find a comment with the ASN.1 that the length of the 
TerminationIDList is 1.

Ganesh Kumar wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>