Subject: [Megaco] Signal 'play' failure

From: "Wainwright, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 08:31:19 -0800

If as an MG I am unable to 'play' a signal requested by the MGC what error
code should be returned ?  Is  510 "Insufficient Resources" the
typical/expected response ?
Also,  should the MG take any other action such as possibly clearing up a
termination or should it wait for further commands from the MGC. e.g. a user
goes off-hook but dialtone could not be played for some reason.
 
Thanks
John
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 13:33:02 -0500

MGs are NOT allowed to take autonomous actions to clean up resources,
but instead must wait for the MGC to order the cleanup.  This allows the
MGC to attempt diagnostics, or take other actions.
 
The error code would need to align to the situation that occurred.
Saying something is "typical" or "expected" would require a much more
detailed explanation of the failure.  There are many error codes defined
in H.248.8.  I suggest doing a thorough review to see which one fits the
situation that caused the failure.
 
Kevin

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Wainwright, John
	Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 11:31 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] Signal 'play' failure

	If as an MG I am unable to 'play' a signal requested by the MGC
what error code should be returned ?  Is  510 "Insufficient Resources"
the typical/expected response ?
	Also,  should the MG take any other action such as possibly
clearing up a termination or should it wait for further commands from
the MGC. e.g. a user goes off-hook but dialtone could not be played for
some reason.
	 
	Thanks
	John