Subject: [Megaco] FW: Echo Cancellation

From: "Mayhan, Heather M [NTK]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:16:03 -0600

In a Megaco Modify Request, in the Package name, I see a reference to
TDMC/EC=On.  This is to request Echo Cancellation be turned on.
However, in the reply, there is no reference to this portion of the
Modify request.  My question is, should the gateway acknowledge the
request for echo cancellation services, either by acknowledging it or
denying it?

Thanks~

Heather

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 13:34:29 -0500

Command Replies only echo the command name, unless the MG is indicating
its choices from an over- or under-specified descriptor.  If the MG has
not been given any choices to make, it does not have to answer back with
the descriptor.
 
Kevin

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Mayhan, Heather M [NTK]
	Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 5:16 PM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] FW: Echo Cancellation

	In a Megaco Modify Request, in the Package name, I see a
reference to TDMC/EC=On.  This is to request Echo Cancellation be turned
on.  However, in the reply, there is no reference to this portion of the
Modify request.  My question is, should the gateway acknowledge the
request for echo cancellation services, either by acknowledging it or
denying it?

	Thanks~

	Heather