Subject: Fw: [Megaco] RequestID in EventsDescriptor

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:42:03 +0530

Hi

As mentioned in the protocol the behaviour in case RequestId is set to zero
is for further study and there has been lot of discussions on the mailing
list earlier on the same topic,
the links for some of which are mentioned below:

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/megaco/current/msg05581.html

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/megaco/current/msg04845.html

If we summarize these discussions than one thing is quite evident that this
feature can be quite useful for certain scenarios involving big gateways or
for CAS scenario.
Also the way events are pre-provisioned, the requestID corresponding to
these events can be pre-provisioned and MGC behaviour on receiving
unsolicited event notification is known and agreeable to both the parties.
MGC can also be made aware of the armed events and corresponding requestID
by Auditing the MG.

Thus would request the ITU Megaco group to put some clarification on this
issue in protocol specification.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124- 5176333 extn 5113
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

Tonny Kung <[email-masked]>@ietf.org on 10/21/2005 04:21:44
PM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:    [Megaco] RequestID in EventsDescriptor

Hi All,

I have some doubts regarding the?use of RequestID = 0.

1) Is it allowed for the MGC to arm an event in the MG with RequestID set
to 0?

2) When an event is not armed by the MGC, but provisioned in the MG, what
RequestID should the MG use in the Notify message?
From reading H.248.1 section 7.2.7 Notify, I'm assuming it should be 0. But
then it stated the use of RequestID = 0 is for further study.

I would appreciate if someone can clarify that.

Thanks,
Tonny

_______________________________________
想即時收到新 email 通知？
下載 Yahoo! Messenger http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco