Subject: Re: [Megaco] Socket set-up.

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 17:12:52 +0530

Hi John

The exact behaviour in most cases is an implementation issue and depends on
factors such as network scenario(Trunking, residential, interworking etc),
mode of the termination at the time of ADD, resource policy implemented. So
for example  you have Mode of termination in Media Descriptor in ADD
command is set to "ReceiveOnly" or "SendReceive" then its likely that MG
will  open the RTP/ATM port for receiving the media(say for receiving the
RingBack tone) from peer node at the time of ADD itself.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124- 5176333 extn 5113
Fax: +91-124-2455345
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

             "Wainwright,                                                  
             John"                                                         
             <john.wainwright@                                          To 
             siemens.com>              [email-masked]                     
             Sent by:                                                   cc 
             megaco-bounces@ie                                             
             tf.org                                                Subject 
                                       [Megaco] Socket set-up.             
                                                                           
             10/31/2005 09:28                                              
             PM                                                            

Does anyone have any suggestions / recommendations on the setting up of
sockets as related to a typical call flow ? What I mean is at what point in
the NOTIFY/ ADD/ MODIFY sequence etc should the sockets on the origination
&
destination side be created.
E.g. should an originating side create a socket as soon as the initial ADD
message is being processed for a new call set up or should it wait until it
receives SDP details from the terminating end ?

Thanks
John

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco