Subject: [Megaco] Subtract with ALL in the Context ID and in the Termination ID

From: Tamar Nemet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:03:28 +0200

Hello,
 
If a SoftSwitch sends Subtract message with ALL in the context ID and in the
Termination ID, what should the MG reply ?
 
Does it have to include all the termination IDs that it has been subtracted
? And if there were 2000 termination IDs in 2000 contexts ? Does the reply
should include 2000 termination IDs ??
 
Thanks,
Tamar
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Sudhanshu Garg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:10:59 +0530

Hi Tamar,

If softswitch sends subtract command with ALL wildcard in context ID and
termination ID then MG should send following reply:

1. If the wildcarded response is expected (W- used in command request) then
MG will send back wildcarded reply.
2. If there is no W- then MG reply will include all the termination IDs.
This may lead to a situation where the length of message may be too large
to be incorporated in one message. In V3, segmentation package is provided
to overcome the transport layer limitation on MTU size.

If MGC sends empty audit descriptor in the subtract command request then MG
would skip the statistics in reply.

Regards,
Sudhanshu.
Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone:  +91-124-4176301 extn 5109
Fax: +91-124-4300247
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

             Tamar Nemet                                                   
             <tamar.nemet@comm                                             
             atch.com>                                                  To 
             Sent by:                  [email-masked]                     
             megaco-bounces@ie                                          cc 
             tf.org                    Soltan Gilman                       
                                       <[email-masked]>        
                                                                   Subject 
             11/20/2005 09:33          [Megaco] Subtract with ALL in the   
             PM                        Context ID and in the Termination   
                                       ID                                  

                                                                           

Hello,

If a SoftSwitch sends Subtract message with ALL in the context ID and in
the Termination ID, what should the MG reply ?

Thanks,
Tamar_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."