Subject: RE: [Megaco] media descriptor

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 15:40:27 -0500

Remember that H.248 allows multiple streams to exist between a pair of
terminations.  This could, for example, be an audio stream and a video
stream.  The Media Descriptor contains all the Stream Descriptors for a
termination, and the Stream Descriptor contains the actual media
descriptions in the Local and Remote Descriptors, along with some
control information in the LocalControl Descriptor.

In the example above of one audio and one video stream, you would have
one Media Descriptor with two Stream Descriptors.  Each Stream
Descriptor would have a Local, a Remote and a LocalControl Descriptor.

The TerminationState Descriptor contains information pertaining to the
termination that is NOT related to the media being sourced/sunk by the
termination.  This would include the ServiceState of the termination
among other things. All terminations have a TerminationState Descriptor
-- it is not limited solely to ephemerals.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of kdwu
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2005 10:40 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] media descriptor

Dear All,
I'm a little bit confused of role of the media descriptor, stream
descriptor and termination. 

To my knowledge, a stream descriptor is composed of localControl, local,
and remote descriptor,in which local and remote descriptor is
corresponding to a decoder and encoder prepared to decode and encode a
media stream. But I'm not very clear about the role of a media
descriptor in which it may contain multiple stream descriptors and a
termination state descriptor. Is the termination state descriptor here
used to identify the ephemeral termination?

I'm a new user to this field and sorry to ask such an easy question.

Best Regards,
Kunda.

--

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco