Subject: [Megaco] Context Id in reply for failed Add

From: "Julio Martinez-Minguito \(AL/EAB\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:20:55 +0200

Hi:

If we have request for a new context like:

T=1{C=${Add=termination{Media{LocalControl{Mode=inactive}}}}}

And for any reason the add command fails, what shall be the context Id
in the reply: '$',  specific or any of them?
Does it make any difference?

If the reply is 

P=1{C=1{Add=termination{Error = 430}}}

The controller does not need to subtract the context 1, because the only
command in the request failed, does it?
If the controller request to subtract C=1, that would be an error from
the controller, wouldn't?

They said that to avoid the controller from sending a subtract, the
context id in the reply shall be '$'. But I think that the controller
shall not send the subtract even if the context id is an specific value.

Regards, Julio
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:01:11 -0500

If a context cannot exist without terminations, and the initial command
to add a termination to the context failed, then the context does not
exist, right?  In that case, how can a non-existent context have an
identifier?
 
The context does not exist until the termination is actually placed in
it.  Because this never happened, the context never came into existence
and thus could never have received a ContextID.  Therefore, the MG
should echo back the ContextID it received (C=$).  Anything else would
indicate that a context does exist, which would be non-compliant, and
the responsibility of the MGC to clean up.
 
Kevin

________________________________

	From: Julio Martinez-Minguito (AL/EAB)
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:21 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] Context Id in reply for failed Add

	Hi: 

	And for any reason the add command fails, what shall be the
context Id in the reply: '$',  specific or any of them? 
	Does it make any difference? 

	If the reply is 

	The controller does not need to subtract the context 1, because
the only command in the request failed, does it? 
	If the controller request to subtract C=1, that would be an
error from the controller, wouldn't? 

	They said that to avoid the controller from sending a subtract,
the context id in the reply shall be '$'. But I think that the
controller shall not send the subtract even if the context id is an
specific value.

	Regards, Julio