Subject: [Megaco] Properties in Base Root Package!!

From: "Mudit Gupta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:23:37 +0530

Hi All

My query is about the properties defined in base root package. There are
total 8 properties, out of these there are two properties called
"MaxNumberOfContexts" and "MaxTerminationsPerContext". My query is if I
don't want to put any limit on these values then what values should be
returned by the MG if the MGC/CA does audit on the ROOT termination for
Media descriptor.

I think value "0" (zero) can be returned as if any of these properties
has zero value literally then this MG is of no use (what's the use of MG
supporting zero contexts?) and that's why we can interpret zero value as
no-limit. 

Please, provide me your feedbacks and what you think should be returned
in this case or if you think that there should be limit always then also
reply me back.  

Regards,

Mudit 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:07:51 +0530

Hi

Any real systems will always be bounded by some resource contraints and IMO MG should return some finite large value(limited to Double for “MaxNumberOfContexts” and integer for

“MaxTerminationsPerContext”) as configured either by MGC or locally provisioned.

regards

B Venkat S.R Swamy

Senior Technical Leader

Flextronics Software Systems

Phone: +91-124- 4176213

Fax: +91-124-4300247

web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

"Mudit Gupta" <[email-masked]>

"Mudit Gupta" <[email-masked]>

03/01/2006 01:23 PM

To

<[email-masked]>

cc

Subject

[Megaco] Properties in Base Root Package!!

Hi All

My query is about the properties defined in base root package. There are total 8 properties, out of these there are two properties called “MaxNumberOfContexts” and “MaxTerminationsPerContext”. My query is if I don’t want to put any limit on these values then what values should be returned by the MG if the MGC/CA does audit on the ROOT termination for Media descriptor.

I think value “0” (zero) can be returned as if any of these properties has zero value literally then this MG is of no use (what’s the use of MG supporting zero contexts?) and that’s why we can interpret zero value as no-limit.

Please, provide me your feedbacks and what you think should be returned in this case or if you think that there should be limit always then also reply me back.

Regards,

Mudit _______________________________________________

Megaco mailing list

[email-masked]

*********************** FSS-Restricted ***********************

*********************** FSS-Restricted ***********************

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software

Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or

confidential information and should not be circulated or used for

any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received

this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are

strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing

the contents of this message. FSS accepts no responsibility for

loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted

by this email including damage from virus."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 11:19:59 +0100

The limitation on meaningful value ranges may be again "profiled" in an
H.248 Profile specification.
Clause 5.14.x (see Appendix III, H.248.1 V3) of Profile specifications is
designated for "detailed Package usage information".

Furthermore: "MaxTerminationsPerContext" is typically bounded by the
"Connection Model", see clause 5.4, Appendix III, H.248.1 V3.

Albrecht

                      "B Venkat S.R Swamy"                                                                                               
                      <b.swamy@flextronicsso         To:      "Mudit Gupta" <[email-masked]>                                       
                      ftware.com>                    cc:      [email-masked]                                                            
                                                     Subject: Re: [Megaco] Properties in Base Root Package!!                             
                      01.03.2006 10:37                                                                                                   

Hi

Any real systems will always be bounded by some resource contraints and IMO
MG should return some finite large value(limited to Double for
"MaxNumberOfContexts" and integer for
"MaxTerminationsPerContext") as configured either by MGC or locally
provisioned.

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone: +91-124- 4176213
Fax: +91-124-4300247
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com
(Embedded image moved to file: pic14086.gif)"Mudit Gupta"
<[email-masked]>

                         "Mudit Gupta"                                     
                         <mudit.gupta@                                     
                         ccpu.com>                                         
                                       (Embedded image moved to file:      
                                       pic05084.gif)                       
                         03/01/2006                                     To 
                         01:23 PM                 (Embedded image moved to 
                                                  file: pic13380.gif)      
                                                  <[email-masked]>        
                                       (Embedded image moved to file:      
                                       pic08265.gif)                       
                                                                        cc 
                                                  (Embedded image moved to 
                                                  file: pic14830.gif)      
                                       (Embedded image moved to file:      
                                       pic14659.gif)                       
                                                                   Subject 
                                                  (Embedded image moved to 
                                                  file: pic26319.gif)      
                                                  [Megaco] Properties in   
                                                  Base Root Package!!      

                                       (Embedded image moved to file:      
                                       pic18331.gif)                       
                                              (Embedded image moved to     
                                              file: pic04642.gif)          

Hi All

I think value "0" (zero) can be returned as if any of these properties has
zero value literally then this MG is of no use (what's the use of MG
supporting zero contexts?) and that's why we can interpret zero value as
no-limit.

Please, provide me your feedbacks and what you think should be returned in
this case or if you think that there should be limit always then also reply
me back.

Regards,