Subject: [Megaco] Service Change format

From: "Wainwright, John \(Com US\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 19:44:50 -0800

The ABNF spec for serviceChangeDescriptor is described as follows
serviceChangeDescriptor = ServicesToken LBRKT serviceChangeParm *(COMMA

serviceChangeParm) RBRKT

; each parameter at-most-once, except auditItem

; at most one of either serviceChangeAddress or serviceChangeMgcId but

; not both

; serviceChangeMethod and serviceChangeReason are REQUIRED

Does this last line imply that whenever we have  "...SERVICES{ x,y,z }"
we must always have the serviceChangeMethod and the serviceChangeReason
parameters in the brackets?

Examples, including the call flows if the standard document, do not show
both parameters which seems to contradict the description above ?

Thanks

John 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Sudhanshu Garg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:28:48 +0530

Hi John,

Service change method and service change reason are mandatory in servicechange descriptor (Text as well ASN format).

They are not part of the servicechange reply descriptor.

So in the services{x,y,z} they must be present for the service change request and absent for service change reply.

These were made mandatory long back in Implementor's guide October 2001.

IMO, it should be corrected in the example call flows also.

Regards,

Sudhanshu.

Technical Leader

Flextronics Software Systems

Phone: +91-124-4176301 extn 5109

Fax: +91-124-4300247

web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

"Wainwright, John \(Com US\)" <[email-masked]>

"Wainwright, John \(Com US\)" <[email-masked]>

03/03/2006 09:14 AM

To

<[email-masked]>

cc

Subject

[Megaco] Service Change format

serviceChangeParm) RBRKT

; not both

Does this last line imply that whenever we have "...SERVICES{ x,y,z }" we must always have the serviceChangeMethod and the serviceChangeReason parameters in the brackets?

Examples, including the call flows if the standard document, do not show both parameters which seems to contradict the description above ?

Thanks

John _______________________________________________

Megaco mailing list

[email-masked]

*********************** FSS-Restricted ***********************

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software

Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or

confidential information and should not be circulated or used for

any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received

this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are

strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing

the contents of this message. FSS accepts no responsibility for

loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted

by this email including damage from virus."