Subject: [Megaco] al/of when termination is already off hook

From: "Ron Ho" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:13:59 -0500

Hi,

I have some confusions about the MG behaviour towards the observed event. If
a termination in a MG has already off-hooked when the MGC send down an
Modify command with an al/of observed events, should the MG just reply
normally or should it return some sort of error indicating the MGC current
hook condition? My guess is the MG reponse normally.

My next question is what should the MG behave if the Modify command is sent
with both al/on, al/of observed events in the same message? Logically, it
doesn't make sense. But is it illegal? What should the MG do?

Thanks,
Ron
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Oikonomou, Ioannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 19:23:10 +0200

Hello,

It depends on the way you armed the events, i.e. "exact", "state" or
"failWrong".

Please check paragraph E.9.2 (Events) of the standard (H.248.1).

Giannis

________________________________

From: Ron Ho [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] al/of when termination is already off hook

Hi,

I have some confusions about the MG behaviour towards the observed
event. If a termination in a MG has already off-hooked when the MGC send
down an Modify command with an al/of observed events, should the MG just
reply normally or should it return some sort of error indicating the MGC
current hook condition? My guess is the MG reponse normally.

My next question is what should the MG behave if the Modify command is
sent with both al/on, al/of observed events in the same message?
Logically, it doesn't make sense. But is it illegal? What should the MG
do?

Thanks,
Ron