Subject: Re: [Megaco] V.90//V.92 on Megaco

From: "Rahul Ruikar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 09:39:13 +0200

chapter 7.1.2 of Megaco specs ( RFC 3525 ) specifies modem type V.90 you
mentioned can be used.

7.1.2 Modem descriptor

   The Modem descriptor specifies the modem type and parameters, if any,
   required for use in e.g., H.324 and text conversation.  The
   descriptor includes the following modem types: V.18, V.22, V.22 bis,
   V.32, V.32 bis, V.34, V.90, V.91, Synchronous ISDN, and allows for
   extensions.  By default, no Modem descriptor is present in a
   Termination.

Regards,
Rahul Ruikar

Noel Keith wrote:

Hi All:

If anybody knows about v.90 and v.92 modems can they
be used on VoIP Trunking using Megaco like Call
Control  please clear my doubts...

Ran

_________________________________________________________
Horóscopos, Salud y belleza, Chistes, Consejos de amor:
el contenido más divertido para tu celular está en Yahoo! Móvil.
Obtenelo en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 00:08:01 -0400

The Modem Descriptor was deprecated in H.248.1 Version 2 in May 2002.
 
Kevin

________________________________

From: Rahul Ruikar [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 3:39 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] V.90//V.92 on Megaco

7.1.2 Modem descriptor

Regards,
Rahul Ruikar

Noel Keith wrote: 

	Hi All:

	Ran

	

	
	Megaco mailing list
	[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 17:27:01 +0200

An H.248-controlled Network Access Server (NAS, or RAS), specifically a
Narrwoband-RAS would have the requirement for data/modem termination and
was also originally considered by the MEGACO community (see e.g. the
"available modems" property in the expired "NAS ROOT" package,
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-ietf-megaco-naspkg-04.txt).

But H.248-controlled Network Access Servers never really came up, -
certainly one reason why the NAS package wasn't finalized, and certainly
one reason why the modem descriptor was deprecated.

This is also more a DoIP application, but Noel is explicitly wondering
about modem support in VoIP trunking environments, therefore I guess it
comes down to V.150.1 or V.152 or sth else.

- Albrecht

                      "Kevin Boyle"                                                                                                
                      <[email-masked]         To:      "Rahul Ruikar" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>                 
                      om>                      cc:                                                                                 
                                               Subject: RE: [Megaco] V.90//V.92 on Megaco                                          
                      30.05.2006 06:08                                                                                             

Kevin

7.1.2 Modem descriptor

Regards,
Rahul Ruikar

Noel Keith wrote:

             Hi All:

             Ran

             Horóscopos, Salud y belleza, Chistes, Consejos de amor:
             el contenido más divertido para tu celular está en Yahoo!
Móvil.

             Megaco mailing list
             [email-masked]