Subject: [Megaco] IP V6 Address!!

From: "Mudit Gupta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 11:33:24 +0530

Hi all,
 
I have a query regarding connection field for local descriptor. When I used "c= IN IP6 $", it failed at ABNF decoding level, but if I used "c=IN IP6 x.x.x.x.x.x" for local descriptor field, it was passed by the grammar. But, in case of IP4 both are being supported. 
 
I am in doubt if the parser implementation is wrong or the ABNF does not support "c= IN IP6 $".
 
Regards,
Mudit
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 17:06:34 +1000

Hello Mudit,

The H.248 ABNF for local is a string so it supports any type of text you 
place in it. The SDP parser might be giving you a problem. We have just 
consented new Recommendation H.248.39, “H.248 SDP Parameter 
Identification and Wildcarding” which gives examples of SDP usage and 
wildcarding in H.248.

For the c= it states:

Table 6.13/H.248.39 – Connection Information

SDP Specification:

Definition:

[Clause 6/RFC 2327]

c=* (connection information - optional if included at session-level)

ABNF:

[Appendix A/RFC 2327]

connection-field = ["c=" nettype space addrtype space

connection-address CRLF]

H.248/SDP encoding examples
with applied wildcarding:

Results:

c=?

c=? ?

Are invalid.

There are three mandatory parameters “nettype” and “addrtype” and 
“connection-address” which may be wildcarded.

c=? ? ?

Would give

c=nettype addrtype connection-address

So C=IN IP6 $ should be supported.

Regards, Christian

Mudit Gupta wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a query regarding connection field for local descriptor. When I 
> used "c= IN IP6 $", it failed at ABNF decoding level, but if I used 
> "c=IN IP6 x.x.x.x.x.x" for local descriptor field, it was passed by 
> the grammar. But, in case of IP4 both are being supported.
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>