Subject: [Megaco] Continuity tests

From: "Rahul Ruikar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 10:04:22 +0200

Hi,

in following document for megaco callflow.
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/megaco/draft-ietf-megaco-callflows/draft-ietf-megaco-callflows-04.txt

I found all the parameters for continuity tests are mentioned in "Modify"
command. Can we give it in "Add" command . Is there any specific reason for
this..?

Thanks,
Rahul Ruikar
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 10:08:38 +0530

Hi Rahul

It is important to note in the call flow document you are referring , that the continuity test is being done when the termination is in Null context and state as Test, i,e

it is not involved in any call and a maintainance activity is initiated by the operator. Therefore only Modify command is applicable.

There can be a scenario where continuity is to be done in context of a call. In this case all the continuity parameters shall be applied either in the

Add or Modify command and with a valid context(can be Choose also).

regards

B Venkat S.R Swamy

Senior Technical Leader

Flextronics Software Systems

Phone: +91-124- 4176213

Fax: +91-124-4300247

web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

"Rahul Ruikar" <[email-masked]>

"Rahul Ruikar" <[email-masked]>

05/30/2006 01:34 PM

To

[email-masked]

cc

Subject

[Megaco] Continuity tests

Hi,

I found all the parameters for continuity tests are mentioned in "Modify" command. Can we give it in "Add" command . Is there any specific reason for this..?

Thanks,

Rahul Ruikar

Megaco mailing list

[email-masked]

*********************** FSS-Restricted ***********************

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software

Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or

confidential information and should not be circulated or used for

any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received

this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are

strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing

the contents of this message. FSS accepts no responsibility for

loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted

by this email including damage from virus."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:01:50 +0200

Rahul,

just a side note that the ServiceState must not be "Test".

See clarification in latest IMG:

T05-SG16-060403-TD-PLEN-0225!!MSW-E

Draft new H.248.1 Version 2 Implementors' Guide

6.23  ServiceStates clarification for continuity testing
"The termination under test does not need to have its ServiceStates
Property set to Test."

- Albrecht

                      "B Venkat S.R Swamy"                                                                                               
                      <b.swamy@flextronicsso         To:      "Rahul Ruikar" <[email-masked]>                                    
                      ftware.com>                    cc:      [email-masked]                                                            
                                                     Subject: Re: [Megaco] Continuity tests                                              
                      31.05.2006 06:38                                                                                                   

Hi Rahul

It is important to note in the call flow document you are referring , that
the continuity test is being done when the termination is in Null context
and state as Test, i,e
it is not involved in any call and a maintainance activity is initiated by
the operator. Therefore only Modify command is applicable.
There can be a scenario where continuity is to be done in context of a
call. In this case all the continuity parameters shall be applied either in
the
Add or Modify command and with a valid context(can be Choose also).

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy
Senior Technical Leader
Flextronics Software Systems
Phone: +91-124- 4176213
Fax: +91-124-4300247
web: www.flextronicssoftware.com
(Embedded image moved to file: pic03313.gif)"Rahul Ruikar"
<[email-masked]>

                         "Rahul Ruikar"                                    
                         <rahul.ruikar@                                    
                         gmail.com>                                        
                                        (Embedded image moved to file:     
                                        pic01466.gif)                      
                         05/30/2006                                     To 
                         01:34 PM                       (Embedded image    
                                                        moved to file:     
                                                        pic16783.gif)      
                                                        [email-masked]    
                                        (Embedded image moved to file:     
                                        pic14163.gif)                      
                                                                        cc 
                                                        (Embedded image    
                                                        moved to file:     
                                                        pic16549.gif)      
                                        (Embedded image moved to file:     
                                        pic25546.gif)                      
                                                                   Subject 
                                                        (Embedded image    
                                                        moved to file:     
                                                        pic00787.gif)      
                                                        [Megaco]           
                                                        Continuity tests   

                                        (Embedded image moved to file:     
                                        pic26231.gif)                      
                                               (Embedded image moved to    
                                               file: pic23111.gif)         

Hi,

Thanks,
Rahul Ruikar