Subject: [Megaco] RFC3525 or RFC2885

From: Noel Keith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 21:19:40 +0000 (GMT)

Hello All:

I don´t know what RFC to use to request MGC element
with MEGACO protocol?

p.e. RFC3525 obsoletes RC3015 but to RFC2885
abosoletes RFC3015.

If anybody knows about of what is the correct RFC?

Cheers,

Noel

___________________________________________________________ 
1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam 
Correo Yahoo!, el mejor correo web del mundo 
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "B Venkat S.R Swamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:08:52 +0530

Hi

You are referring to quite an old document of Megaco. Standardization of Megaco/H.248 is now being done by ITU-T.

RFC 2885 ---> RFC 3015 ---->RFC 3525 ----> H248.1 V1(March 2002) ----> H248.1 V2(May 2002) ----->H248.1 V3(Sep 2005)

if you do not have ITU-T access, the ITU-T drafts can be accessed from following site:

http://ftp3.itu.ch/av-arch/avc-site

regards

B Venkat S.R Swamy

Senior Technical Leader

Flextronics Software Systems

Phone: +91-124- 4176213

Fax: +91-124-4300247

web: www.flextronicssoftware.com

Noel Keith <[email-masked]>

Noel Keith <[email-masked]>

06/07/2006 02:49 AM

To

[email-masked]

cc

Subject

[Megaco] RFC3525 or RFC2885

Hello All:

with MEGACO protocol?

abosoletes RFC3015.

Cheers,

Noel

Megaco mailing list

[email-masked]

*********************** FSS-Restricted ***********************

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software

Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or

confidential information and should not be circulated or used for

any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received

this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are

strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing

the contents of this message. FSS accepts no responsibility for

loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted

by this email including damage from virus."

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:33:14 -0400

This timeline is completely wrong.
 
RFC 2885 is the "pre-release" specification for Megaco.  It was the
"first draft" and formed the basis for what eventually became RFC3015.
RFC 3015 and the original H.248 (11/2000) are common text.  In 2002, the
H.248 series was renumbered in the ITU and H.248.1 Version 1 (03/2002)
and Version 2 (05/2002) were published.  RFC 3525 is common text with
H.248.1 Version 1 (03/2002).  There is no RFC that is common text with
H.248.1 Version 2.  H.248.1 was revised to Version 3 in 09/2005.
 
Note also that there are Implementors' Guides that resolve technical
problems in the text.  For H.248.1 Version 1, the final IG was published
in 04/2006.  The current versions of the Version 2 IG and the subseries
IG (which covers Version 3 and the other subseries Recommendations) are
both being actively updated and their most current versions were
published in 04/2006.
 
I will note also that standardization of Megaco/H.248 has been a joint
venture of the ITU and IETF since 1999.  The work in the IETF has tailed
off over the years, though this is still an IETF mailing list.  The
Megaco WG in the IETF was concluded in March 2006 after years of no
activity in the IETF.  The ITU has always been involved in the
development of the standard, and was responsible for the caretaking of
the spec even way back at the beginning.
 
To that end, references to H.248 should be made to the ITU documents,
not to the RFCs.
 
Kevin

________________________________

From: B Venkat S.R Swamy [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 12:39 AM
To: Noel Keith
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] RFC3525 or RFC2885

Hi
You are referring to quite an old document of Megaco. Standardization of
Megaco/H.248 is now being done by ITU-T.

RFC 2885 ---> RFC 3015 ---->RFC 3525 ----> H248.1 V1(March 2002) ---->
H248.1 V2(May 2002) ----->H248.1 V3(Sep 2005)

if you do not have ITU-T access, the ITU-T drafts can be accessed from
following site:

regards
B Venkat S.R Swamy 
Senior Technical Leader

				06/07/2006 02:49 AM

To

[email-masked]	

cc

Subject

Hello All:

Cheers,

Noel