Subject: [Megaco] Multi level extension issue in spne package

From: "Ganesh Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:26:07 +0530

Hi,

I'm seeing that there's a conflict in the property ID values defined in
SPNE package and its base package nt. Both are defining a property with
property id (0x0007). 

As per the extension rules in H.248 V2 this is not allowed:
   Extends (Optional): existing package Descriptor 
      A package may extend an existing package. The version of the
original 
      package must be specified. When a package extends another package
it 
      shall only add additional Properties, Events, Signals, Statistics
and 
      new possible values for an existing parameter described in the 
      original package. An extended package shall not redefine or
overload 
      an identifier defined in the original package and packages it may 
      have extended (multiple levels of extension).

	The spne package (Q.115.0) extends tdmc package and tdmc extends
nt package.
	
SPNE Control Package
 PackageID: nt (0x0069)
 Noise Reduction
 PropertyID: in-nrd (0x0007)

Network Package 
 PackageID: nt (0x000b) 
 Maximum Jitter Buffer 
 PropertyID: jit (0x0007) 

	Please clarify whether my understanding about the multi level
extension is correct or there is discrepancy in the definition of spne
package specification for the property parameter id 0x0007.

Thanks and Regards,
Ganesh

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:55:30 +1000

Hello Ganesh,

Yes this is a problem and your understanding is correct. I will prepare 
an input to SG16 to rectify the problem by renumbering the 
NoiseReductiion property from 0x0007 to 0x000e.

Regards, Christian