Subject: [Megaco] IS <-> OOS via Test

From: "Raphael Tryster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:35:39 +0200

'The MGC shall only use Modify Commands to set the ServiceStates
Property to or from Test. All other Modifies of the ServiceStates
Property are a violation of protocol, and shall receive Error Code 401
("Protocol Error"). To change the state from "InService" to
"OutOfService" or vice versa, the ServiceChange Command must be used'.

The first sentence tells an MGC how to cheat and circumvent the last
sentence.  Issue two Modify commands, first IS/OOS to Test, then Test to
IS/OOS.  If it was so important to use only ServiceChange for IS/OOS
transitions, why allow an alternative path?
  
Raphael Tryster

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:06:33 +1100

Hello Raphael,

It was not envisaged that people should use the Modify to use this 2 
step cheat method, so for those thinking about it don't do this. The 
intention was to finally clarify the use of modifies to change state. 
 From H.248.1v1 we've had the situation that the change to test state 
was via a modify and other states were via servicechange commands.

Regards, Christian