Subject: [Megaco] Wilcard - in SDP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:57:42 +0100

I’m receiving a “-“ character in a modify command using Megaco edition 1. 
In this RFC I do not find any reference to any document that indicates 
this is a valid character to be used.

In H.248_39 there is an indication on how to use this wildcard in a SDP 
message but as I understand it applies to Megaco version 3 and should not 
be implemented in version 1. Is this correct?

!/1 [10.243.22.194]:2944 
T=370380785{C=6{MF=P2{M{O{MO=SR,RV=OFF,RG=OFF,tdmc/ec=ON}},E=369100552{al/*},SG{}},MF=E65540{M{O{MO=SR,RV=OFF,RG=OFF},L{v=0
    c=IN IP4 -
    m=audio - RTP/AVP 8
    a=ptime:20
    },R{v=0
    c=IN IP4 10.10.2.2
    m=audio 49306 RTP/AVP 8
    a=ptime:20
    }}}}}

regards
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:48:13 +1100

Hello Ronald,

"-" is actually not a valid SDP character according to RFC2327 ABNF. 
H.248 itself does not introduce this "wildcard". There are profiles 
which do introduce the usage of this (which is dubious IMHO, but was 
added to the profile). So if you have H.248.1 (any version) and are not 
using a profile then I would consider it an error. If a profile is being 
used which describes the use of the "-" then it would be OK. Its up to 
the profile to say which version of H.248 is being used.

Regards, Christian

[email-masked] wrote:
>
> I’m receiving a “-“ character in a modify command using Megaco edition 
> 1. In this RFC I do not find any reference to any document that 
> indicates this is a valid character to be used.
>
> In H.248_39 there is an indication on how to use this wildcard in a 
> SDP message but as I understand it applies to Megaco version 3 and 
> should not be implemented in version 1. Is this correct?
>
>
> !/1 [10.243.22.194]:2944 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>