Subject: [Megaco] Context Id

From: "Aminul Haque" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:52:12 +0530

Hi,
    According to the H.248.1 document, to make a connection endpoints need
to be in the same context.
  But i heard a exception of that(Nortel Implementation).
                                           Is this possible to make a
connection between two endpoints which are reside in
different context? Please reply me as soon as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks & Regards
Aminul Haque
Product Engineer, Infosys Technologies Ltd
Phone No: 09349327669
Trivandarum, Kerala, India
-----------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Kevin Boyle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:38:29 -0500

First, there are no "endpoints" in H.248.  Endpoints are an MGCP/SIP
construct and are a different concept from H.248's terminations.
 
Terminations that are in a context are connected, yes.  Remember that
terminations are the source and/or sink of a media flow.  For
ephemerals, this means that there is a far-end somewhere, which can be
determined through the values in the Remote Descriptor.  Generally
speaking, this would be an ephemeral in a different context or an
endpoint on an entity using a different control protocol.
 
Lastly, unless you are an employee of a particular company, I would
suggest refraining from making statements about their implementation.
Speaking as Nortel's H.248 Architect, I assure you that the "Nortel
Implementation" does not deviate from the H.248 spec as you imply.  I'm
not really sure what you mean by "Nortel Implementation" anyway, since
Nortel has several implementations -- both MGCs and MGs.
 
Kevin

________________________________

From: Aminul Haque [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 6:22 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Context Id

Hi,
    According to the H.248.1 document, to make a connection endpoints
need to be in the same context.
  But i heard a exception of that(Nortel Implementation). 
                                           Is this possible to make a
connection between two endpoints which are reside in 
different context? Please reply me as soon as possible.