Subject: [Megaco] Need clarifications on SVC's initiated from media gateway..

From: "Arvind Charanyan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 15:19:29 +0530

Hi All:

  I need some clarifications on issues which are described below:

Issue 1:

1)       Media gateway initiates service change request, and waiting for
a response.

2)       When Notify events occur in this period how should we handle
them?

      Should we send out the notify requests to the MGC to which we have
initiated the SVC? Or queue them until the control association is
established?

Issue 2:

  If we decide to transmit notify requests while waiting for service
change response, then how do we handle Notify response timeouts?

  Moreover, when we fail to establish Control association to the Primary
MGC and failover to the secondary, what should be done to the

  Notify requests that were being transmitted to the primary? Should we
abort all those transactions or should the same be retried on the
secondary?

Thanks and Regards,

Arvind  

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Stephen Mell \(CV/ETL\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:32:21 +0200

Issue (1)
 
You can't send commands from the MG such as notify without having a
Control Association in place.
 
An example of a time that you may find yourself wanting to do this is
when you have a non-empty default events descriptor
provisioned on a termination, and this events descriptor is applied when
the Terminations restart at a Cold Boot.
 
In this case I think that you should only apply the termination
descriptors and property defaults at the time when Control Association
Establishment completes, so that the termination is discarding events
whilst the ServiceChange is in progress. 
 
If the Control Association stalls, or is explicitly taken away by
Management Action then the MG should wait until it is fully
re-established
or a new one established  (Service Change is Completed) before issuing
any other commands.

Issue (2) 
 
You should not to transmit Notify Requests whilst the Control
Association is incomplete, as this is illegal
 
Steve 

________________________________

From: Arvind Charanyan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:49
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Need clarifications on SVC's initiated from media
gateway..

Hi All:

Issue 1:

Issue 2:

 

Thanks and Regards,

Arvind

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 08:54:04 +1000

Hello Arvind,

There's even a specific error for this. E.g. H.248.8
4.2.44 Error code #: 505
Name: Transaction Request Received before a ServiceChange Reply has been 
received
Definition: Sent by the MG/MGC which has sent a ServiceChange request to 
an MGC/MG and
receives a transaction request from that MGC/MG before it has received 
the corresponding
ServiceChange reply. The actions included in the transaction request are 
not carried out.
Reference: 11.2/H.248.1
Error text in the error descriptor: –
Comment: –

Regards, Christian

Stephen Mell (CV/ETL) wrote:
> provisioned on a termination, and this events descriptor is applied 
> when the Terminations restart at a Cold Boot.
> Management Action then the MG should wait until it is fully re-established
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* Arvind Charanyan [mailto:[email-masked]]
> *Sent:* Monday, April 02, 2007 10:49
> *To:* [email-masked]
> *Subject:* [Megaco] Need clarifications on SVC's initiated from media 
> gateway..
>
> Hi All:
>
> 1) Media gateway initiates service change request, and waiting for a 
> response.
>
> 2) When Notify events occur in this period how should we handle them?
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: "Prathap T" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:21:38 +0530

Does the protocol stop from sending requests once the SVC request is sent
out.
I'm talking of the scenario, where in we send SVC request and waiting for
response. In the mean time
I also send the notify message assuming that I will receive SVC response and
this notify reaches
the peer only after the peer has processed the SVC request.

So, in this kind of a scenarion where in I'm assured of registration, I
think it's ok to send the commands while waiting for the SVC response.

However, I want to know if the protocol anywhere restricts from
initiating commands before the registration is completed??

Regards,
Prathap