Subject: [Megaco] about completion events detection

From: Bill Xiaoshaoping <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 17:09:55 +0800

Hi All,

I have some doubt on the following message in E.15.5.2.2/H248.1 Version 3 ,  

Example message:

Transaction=1234{

   Context = - {

      Modify = aln/* {        ; select terminations as desired

         Events = 1234 { 

            al/of { 

               RegulatedNotify {

                  Embed { 

                     Signals {cg/dt} , 

; If the off-hook is regulated apply dial tone.

                     Events = 1235 {

                         xdd/xce { 

                            DigitMap = PriorityDialPlan1, 

                            bc = 20, 

                            mp = enhanced, 

                            ImmediateNotify 

                         }, 

; If emergency generate notify to MGC

                         xdd/xce { 

                            DigitMap = NonPriorityDialPlan1,

                            bc = 20, 

                            mp = enhanced, 

                            NeverNotify,

                            Embed{

                               Signals {cg/ct}

                            }

                          },    

; If non-priority send congestion tone and never notify

                          al/on { 

                             NeverNotify, 

                             ResetEventsDescriptor

                          }

; If on-hook is detected then reset the EventsDescriptor 

; and never notify

                      }

                  }

               }

            }

         }

      }

   }

}

1)I think the message can not achieve the expected effect because the xdd/xce is detected by the completion of the digitmap match procedure, not by the specific termination method, that is, "FM" or "PM". How can the MG consider the termination method is "PM" and not notify to the MGC, but switch to another match procedure(according to the comments in message)?

2)If one dials, the digit numbers will match the xdd/xce sequentially or simultaneously? If the former, we will encounter the above problem 1), and no order preference in descriptor in my impression. It is also a matter that whether the digits matched the first digitmap is still effective or not. If the latter, the user would hear a congestion tone every time make a call.

Am I missing something(my apologies then)?

Thanks

Bill  

***************************************************************************************
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!
***************************************************************************************
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco