Subject: [Megaco] m3ua + megaco

From: Ilia Selitser <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:23:22 +0300

Hello!
I'd like to discuss the following problem: I need to interconnect one pair softswitch-mediagateway with another pair. The protocols are:  softswitch-mediagateway -M3UA + MEGACO, softswitch - softswitch - M3UA (ISUP over M3UA). For speech traffic there're two possible variants: 1.TDM 2.IP.  I've tested  the TDM variant - it works properly. Now I've no possibilities for testing the IP variant. What is your opinion about the IP variant - will it work? I think that problem is in ISUP - it operates with CICs and has no knowledge about RTP-streams but MEGACO in this case operates with RTP-streams.
 
Thanks in advance,
Ilia Selitser
_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!
http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

Hello!
I'd like to discuss the following problem: I need to interconnect one pair softswitch-mediagateway with another pair. The protocols are:  softswitch-mediagateway -M3UA + MEGACO, softswitch - softswitch - M3UA (ISUP over M3UA). For speech traffic there're two possible variants: 1.TDM 2.IP.  I've tested  the TDM variant - it works properly. Now I've no possibilities for testing the IP variant. What is your opinion about the IP variant - will it work? I think that problem is in ISUP - it operates with CICs and has no knowledge about RTP-streams but MEGACO in this case operates with RTP-streams.
 
Thanks in advance,
Ilia Selitser
_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!
http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:10:45 +0100

Firstly, the signalling gateway (SG) and media gateway (MG) are fully
decoupled, at least for H.248 as (media) gateway control protocol.

You are indicating a (TDM, RTP) connection model in the MG, i.e. a
TDM-based bearer endpoint and an IP-based bearer endpoint. Both are
coupled by the bearer related H.248 Context.

Your SIGTRAN-based ISUP-over-M3UA SG is *only* carrying call control
signalling for the SS7 NNI, but not for the IP domain (which may be
BICC, SIP, SIP-I, ...).

You could apply a half call model for such an H.248 Context. The SS7
signalling is only relevant for the TDM side! You can't apply SS7 for
the other half call.

What signalling technology is your softswitch using for the IP domain?

-Albrecht

________________________________

From: Ilia Selitser [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Montag, 28. Januar 2008 12:23
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] m3ua + megaco

Hello!
I'd like to discuss the following problem: I need to interconnect one
pair softswitch-mediagateway with another pair. The protocols are:
softswitch-mediagateway -M3UA + MEGACO, softswitch - softswitch - M3UA
(ISUP over M3UA). For speech traffic there're two possible variants:
1.TDM 2.IP.  I've tested  the TDM variant - it works properly. Now I've
no possibilities for testing the IP variant. What is your opinion about
the IP variant - will it work? I think that problem is in ISUP - it
operates with CICs and has no knowledge about RTP-streams but MEGACO in
this case operates with RTP-streams.
 
Thanks in advance,
Ilia Selitser

________________________________

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger
<http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/>