Subject: [Megaco] Redundancy of MGC

From: "Tamar Nemet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:20:44 +0200

Hi,
 
I have a question regarding redundancy of MGC:
 
If MGC has a failure and another MGC starting to work instead of the
failed one (with the same IP address), as much as I understand the MG
should continue working with no change and the MGC should continue
sending messges to this MG.  Is it correct ?
 
If the MGC has no redundant companent and it make restart and start up
again, the MG will not make registration again because the MG doesn't
know that the MGC failed. So how should the connection between MGC and
MG start again ?  Is there something that the MG should do ? or it is up
to MGC ?
 
Thanks for your help,
Tamar
 
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Raphael Tryster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:24:52 +0200

In both cases, I would say it is the responsibility of the MGC.  If the
MGC consists of two units with a floating IP address, then part of their
design should be that the MGC taking over has access to information that
was known to the one that failed.  In the non-redundant case, I would
expect that the MGC would at least maintain the address of the MGs that
it controls.  It could then issue audit commands for all terminations in
all contexts and in the null context to get its database up to date.
 
Raphael Tryster

________________________________

From: Tamar Nemet [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 12:21 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] Redundancy of MGC

Hi,

 
 
Thanks for your help,
Tamar
 
**********************************************************************************************
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential. They are intended for the 
named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager or the sender immediately and do 
not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.
*** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals, and malicious content. ***
**********************************************************************************************