Subject: [Megaco] SIP2Megaco Busy

From: "Jati Kalingga Praja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 01:07:09 +0700

Hi,,

I'm new to this mailing list. Right now, i'm studying about interworking
between megaco and sip.
I simulated a call from SIP phone to Analog phone which was busy. Here i
attach the captured data using ethereal, you can view the callflow by
writing "*(megaco and ip.addr==10.14.32.186) or (sip and
ip.addr==10.14.32.185) or rtp*" in filter textbox.

I have a few questions about that captured data :
1. Why did MGC create a context and the terminations for the analog phone
and etc (captured data No. 2079 - ~)? Isn't it busy?
2. if it was so, why did in no 2114, the MGC send modify (cg/dt) to MG?
3. Why did the MGC create 2 context? first, when the sip phone send the
INVITE; second, when the analog phone onhook,,,

I hope my questions are all clear to be understood,,,because i'm not too
good in english.
Hopefully, you guys can help me.

Regards,

Jati
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "John Wainwright" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 08:22:05 -0600

It looks to me like the line (line/1) is already offhook before the MGC
attempted to use it as part of the call. See 2094 & 2104.  The
termination was added into the context and then subtracted by the MGC
once it found this out.

2114 is the MGC trying to now use line\1 as the originator of a call
since it is offhook.  So dialtone is played and digits are collected
according to a dialplan.  No digits are entered (3377).  The rest just
looks like the MGC attempting to clean up line\1

Just my interpretation.

John

________________________________

From: Jati Kalingga Praja [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 12:07 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] SIP2Megaco Busy

Hi,,

I'm new to this mailing list. Right now, i'm studying about interworking
between megaco and sip.
I simulated a call from SIP phone to Analog phone which was busy. Here i
attach the captured data using ethereal, you can view the callflow by
writing " (megaco and ip.addr==10.14.32.186) or (sip and
ip.addr==10.14.32.185) or rtp" in filter textbox.

I have a few questions about that captured data :
1. Why did MGC create a context and the terminations for the analog
phone and etc (captured data No. 2079 - ~)? Isn't it busy? 
2. if it was so, why did in no 2114, the MGC send modify (cg/dt) to MG?
3. Why did the MGC create 2 context? first, when the sip phone send the
INVITE; second, when the analog phone onhook,,,

Regards,

Jati

---

From: "Jati Kalingga Praja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:38:35 +0700

Hi,

Thx for the reply again

> 2114 is the MGC trying to now use line\1 as the originator of a call since
> it is offhook.  So dialtone is played and digits are collected according to
> a dialplan.  No digits are entered (3377).  The rest just looks like the MGC
> attempting to clean up line\1
>
> Do you mean there is no digitmap (3377)?
Btw if i was juz only given the hex coded message,,,how can i read the
message?
Thx b4,,,i'm sorry if my questions are too basic, coz i'm still a student
here in Indonesia.

Regards,

Jati

---

From: "John Wainwright" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 08:05:11 -0600

See answers below

From: Jati Kalingga Praja [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 2:39 AM
To: John Wainwright; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] SIP2Megaco Busy

Hi,

Thx for the reply again

	2114 is the MGC trying to now use line\1 as the originator of a
call since it is offhook.  So dialtone is played and digits are
collected according to a dialplan.  No digits are entered (3377).  The
rest just looks like the MGC attempting to clean up line\1

No.  There is a digitmap but no digits were entered so the  MGC timed
out.

Btw if i was juz only given the hex coded message,,,how can i read the
message?
Thx b4,,,i'm sorry if my questions are too basic, coz i'm still a
student here in Indonesia.

Use Ethereal / Wireshark.

Regards,

Jati