Subject: [Megaco] Restart Behavior on Physical Terminations

From: Bill Xiaoshaoping <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:52:13 +0800

Hi all,

Excerpt from Annex F.3.9/H.248 V3:
"To restore service to a termination or group of terminations, the MGC sends 
a ServiceChange with ServiceChangeMethod ¡°Restart¡± on the termination/s in 
question. See clauses F.4.1.2 and F.4.1.3 for actions to be taken by the 
MGC."

Excerpt from Annex F.4.1.2/H.248 V3:
Restart ¨C When sent by the MG, the MG announces that the termination(s) 
have restarted, or is announcing a capability change. The 
ServiceChangeReason indicates what actions may need to be taken by the MGC. 
When sent by the MGC, the MG shall restart the termination(s) using the 
indicated ServiceChangeReason.

It is not clear to me that what actions should be taken by the MG to restart 
the termination, should the MG issue a ServiceChange Command on the Physical 
Termination similar to the case of MGC Initiated Service Restoration on ROOT 
termination, or just "restart" the termination internally without any 
further ServiceChange message to the MGC?

Please help me to clear this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Bill 

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco