Subject: [Megaco] Duplicated Error Code 459

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:34:04 +1100

Hello all,

H.248.26 specifies error code #459:
/7.5.1 Invalid Combination of Metering Detection Events
Error Code #: 459
Name: Invalid Combination of Metering Detection Events
Definition: The command was disregarded because the Events Descriptor 
contained more
than one metering detection event.
Error Text in the error Descriptor: --
Comment: –/

However H.248.18 (and the IANA registration page) also specifies error 
code #459 as:
/5.6 Error Codes
This package defines a new error code:
#: 459 Name: Unsupported or Unknown Profile
Definition:
The Profile Name is not supported by the receiver. The command related 
to the unknown
profile is disregarded.
Package: Profile Package prp, 0x0050
Reference: H.248.18
Error Text in the error Descriptor:
The Profile Name is included in the error text in the error descriptor. 
String Length 1 –
67 characters – 64 for name, 1 for "/" and 2 for version.
Comment: −/

This leads to a duplication of error codes numbers. One of the numbers 
needs to be changed. If we take the precedence of the Recommendations 
then H.248.18 should remain and H.248.26 should be changed. However my 
feeling is that H.248.26 currently has a wider usage. I propose the 
usage of the error code number 461. Any preferences on whether H.248.18 
or H.248.26 should be changed?

Any thoughts?

Regards, Christian

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:09:45 +0800

In my opinion, The amet package in H.248.26 is used widely,So I  think 
personally the H.248.18 should be changed.

BR,
Michael

*****************************************
phone：025-52871318，inner：81318

Gateway development department
******************************************

Christian Groves <[email-masked]>

2008-01-31 14:34
 
        收件人：        "Arturo Martin De Nicolas (AC/EED)" 
<[email-masked]>, 
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, 
'Lin Yangbo' <[email-masked]>, Tommy Young <[email-masked]>, Miri 
Epstein <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Lanlan Li 
<[email-masked]>, Candice <[email-masked]>, Michael 
<[email-masked]>, megaco ietf <[email-masked]>
        抄送： 
        主题：  Duplicated Error Code 459

Hello all,

H.248.26 specifies error code #459:
/7.5.1 Invalid Combination of Metering Detection Events
Error Code #: 459
Name: Invalid Combination of Metering Detection Events
Definition: The command was disregarded because the Events Descriptor 
contained more
than one metering detection event.
Error Text in the error Descriptor: --
Comme}�~8���'�~lbz������'��_��0��^�ki���wRJMz��N�I_�����(��_�����%���O4�Ou�Nt��z+�u��lv�ק�m6�M��y���lx�ל�g'o(������_��0��^�ki���wRJMz4�N(�U�����(��_�����%���O4�Ou�Nt��z+�u��]7�}|o-t�Mv�|"�����j)DH�ωݺ�}<�Oz�ν�8n�RZ�m4�^w�O>��4	$�yǢ��_����׬�ki�ל�g'�M��m�o)�{\�y�&r|"�13�vm�ѸwMx�m���%���O5�Ou��<�@�M��zZ)y��˧�������(��ȝ��$��5���M��Mg��3�w��d�
�ؚ�j������&��/z��y���(��W��*'�E�j)^��-��h��zW������{Mv�Nz���8P9��^��Q8�S��͹�q5�M�ߠ��͹�q5�M�ۭD�ל�g'�&���x#�|�y�&rpڵ��}Ij}���y��9�O4�s0D�i�z���,�o$h�׫�y��,���ץ��^��{�x1�܇n��NZ�m4�Mw�^u�^�z���,�r����^jݴ��5�]y�M{\�.k�;^r���m�ѸwMx�mJ��I�+{~���q�Ҋ	ڶ��y�4km;��}��w^w���{��]\Ƣ�f��k�����}Ij}���=۽xӝ4	ɞ��(��_��r����+��}�n���r��jwbq�Z���8��;^r�������ˊX�jyZ�;^r���	[��!�'!���jW��e�ǧ�׀���rRr�6�q�^�[�z{]y+���-1�r�D�e�ƭy�+��¡׸���y�Ӆ�ޙ�r����+�s�Y��W��*'�^O��u��zX������Lyؚ�^����{k�Y���(��_����T�˛���m�m��?�0�'�~���f��f��X��)ߣ����(��������(��z�bz��.n7���칻�&�.+->�-��������(��_����GzZfj)m�g�i�+z���؞��+�˛��-��i.+-J��r��zm����5��_��?�������+-�w��g�i�&j)m�g�i�+z���؞��+�˛��-���r��x*'���O*^��m��������[���j��Ӯ�뽺�J뢻�g�i����zȞ��+�8b�+��m����g����s0G�f�

In my opinion, The amet package in H.248.26 is used widely,So I  think 
personally the H.248.18 should be changed.

BR,
Michael

*****************************************
phone：025-52871318，inner：81318

Gateway development department
******************************************

Christian Groves <[email-masked]>

2008-01-31 14:34
 
        收件人：        "Arturo Martin De Nicolas (AC/EED)" 
<[email-masked]>, 
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, 
'Lin Yangbo' <[email-masked]>, Tommy Young <[email-masked]>, Miri 
Epstein <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Lanlan Li 
<[email-masked]>, Candice <[email-masked]>, Michael 
<[email-masked]>, megaco ietf <[email-masked]>
        抄送： 
        主题：  Duplicated Error Code 459

Hello all,

Any thoughts?

Regards, Christian

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is 
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is 
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and 
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to 
others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended 
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. 
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of 
the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the 
individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam 
system.

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:53:08 +0100

Do agree.

I’m not aware of any H.248.18 implementation.

There isn’t any standardized profile with H.248.18 support, too.

-Albrecht

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2008 08:10
To: Christian Groves
Cc: megaco ietf; [email-masked]; Candice; Lanlan Li; Schwarz Albrecht
Subject: [Megaco] RE: Duplicated Error Code 459

In my opinion, The amet package in H.248.26 is used widely,So I  think personally the H.248.18 should be changed. 

BR, 
Michael 

 

2008-01-31 14:34 

        收件人：        "Arturo Martin De Nicolas (AC/EED)" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, 'Lin Yangbo' <[email-masked]>, Tommy Young <[email-masked]>, Miri Epstein <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Lanlan Li <[email-masked]>, Candice <[email-masked]>, Michael <[email-masked]>, megaco ietf <[email-masked]> 
        抄送：         
        主题：        Duplicated Error Code 459

Hello all,

Any thoughts?

Regards, Christian