Subject: [Megaco] ICV synthesized IP header

From: "Kevin Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:49:07 +1100

Hi all,

I have a question regarding to the synthesized IP header used while
calculating ICV.

In the spec, it says
"..the message prepended by a synthesized IP header consisting of a 32-bit
source IP address, a 32-bit destination address and a 16-bit UDP destination
port encoded as 20 hex digits."

My question is does the synthesized IP header need to be converted to 20
characters of hex (text representation)? or do we use it as 10 bytes of
binary data?

Because the synthesized header is not being transmitted, I am unsure why it
needs to be converted to text format when calculating the ICV?

Thanks and best regards,
Kevin.
_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco