Subject: [Megaco] SCTP Port 2905 limitation

From: "Agonias, Richard L. \(Digitel-GSM\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:48:05 +0800

Hi Experts,

	Good Day!

	I've been using SCTP port 2905 for all of my M3UA connections.
This is from my Signaling gateway to my MSC-Servers for the MAP
applications. However, when I tried to create a new one for my new
association, it turned out to be refusing the port 2905. I tried to
change it to 2910 and it works. 

	My question, is there any limitation in using the SCTP port for
M3UA like it can only be used for 100 connections?

	Thanks!

	Regards,

	richard

_______________________________________________
Megaco mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco

---

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 08:24:06 +0100

Richard,
technology owner of SCTP and xUA is WG SIGTRAN.
You should address SCTP and xUA related questions on the SIGTRAN
exploder.

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Agonias, Richard L. (Digitel-GSM)
	Sent: Donnerstag, 20. November 2008 02:48
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] SCTP Port 2905 limitation

		Hi Experts,

		Good Day!

		I've been using SCTP port 2905 for all of my M3UA
connections. This is from my Signaling gateway to my MSC-Servers for the
MAP applications. However, when I tried to create a new one for my new
association, it turned out to be refusing the port 2905. I tried to
change it to 2910 and it works. 

		My question, is there any limitation in using the SCTP
port for M3UA like it can only be used for 100 connections?

		Thanks!

		Regards,

		richard