Subject: [Megaco] About fax flow of G.711

From: "Gary Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:15:39 +0800

Hi,

What about the call flow of G.711 fax? 

Is it totally same as the normal call flow with G.711?

Could someone give me such capture packet or text flow?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Regards,

Gary

---

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 18:02:00 +0200

Guess that "G.711 fax" in you email means "V.152 VBDoIP with G.711 as
VBD codec".
 
V.152 is the only *explicit* method which allows the MGC to
unambiguously indicate G.711 usage for voiceband data traffic (= modem
based bearer traffic).
See
ITU-T Rec. V.152, clause 7.1.1     Mechanism for indicating support of
V.152 using H.248/Megaco
with regards to your question.
 
Not using V.152 for "G.711 fax" is a root cause for confusion concerning
interoperability, because mixing audio (VoIP) and voiceband data
(VBDoIP) modes, particularily if G.711 shall be used for both (Audio &
VBD).
=> thus, V.152 for "G.711 fax"

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Gary Li
	Sent: Montag, 13. Juli 2009 11:16
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Megaco] About fax flow of G.711

	Hi,

	Thanks,

	Regards,

	Gary

---

From: "Gary Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:38:00 +0800

Hi Albrecht,

Thanks for so detail information.

Regards,

Gary

  _____  

From: Schwarz Albrecht [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:02 AM
To: Gary Li; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Megaco] About fax flow of G.711

Guess that "G.711 fax" in you email means "V.152 VBDoIP with G.711 as VBD
codec".

V.152 is the only *explicit* method which allows the MGC to unambiguously
indicate G.711 usage for voiceband data traffic (= modem based bearer
traffic).

See

Not using V.152 for "G.711 fax" is a root cause for confusion concerning
interoperability, because mixing audio (VoIP) and voiceband data (VBDoIP)
modes, particularily if G.711 shall be used for both (Audio & VBD).

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Gary Li
Sent: Montag, 13. Juli 2009 11:16
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] About fax flow of G.711

Hi,

Thanks,

Regards,

Gary