Subject: [Megaco] MGCP-Query regarding Connection id and call id?

From: Sumant Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 15:47:24 +0530

Can somebody help in providing info that how can a single callid could
have 2 more or connections associated with it?

Some text i have found:

A call is identified by its call ID, which is created by the MGC when
establishing a new call. Call ID is a hexadecimal string with a
maximum length of 32 characters. Call ID is unique within the MGC. Two
or more connections can have the same call ID if they belong to the
same call.

Looking for response?

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 09:05:50 -0500

A conference call?

On 05/01/2012 5:17 AM, Sumant Gupta wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Megaco mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco
>

---

From: Sumant Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 21:36:18 +0530

I have seen a sample trace of 3way call.Following is the flow,please
correct me if i am wrong:

A dials B first a 2way call is established and the details of this
call are say call id value from Call agent comes as 1 and connection
id generated by endpoint   is 10

Now A presses flash hook

Now A dials C and 2way call is established and the details of this
call are say call id value from Call agent comes as  2 and connection
id generated by endpoint   is 11

A presses flash hook again.Call agent changes the Connection mode
parameter to "conference" via the MDCX
command for entity A and a conference call is established b/s the 3 parties.

Here different connection id  is used during the conf. call.

Regards
Sumant

---

From: "Bhattacharjee, Arindam (Arindam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 10:27:48 -0600

Hi,
Not sure if question related to Megaco or H248. H248 does not discuss about call id of  MGC. Call id is there in SIP or similar call control procedures which are orthogonal to H.248. and H248 does not mandate any specific call control application in MGC. Context-id is selected by MG and multiple terminations can be in a context. Context id should not be confused or used as call-id in MGC, since for example a call with a call id may be having terminations on multiple MGs controlled by same MGC. So same call id can have multiple contexts in an MGC.
 
-Arindam 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Sumant Gupta
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 5:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Megaco] MGCP-Query regarding Connection id and call id?

Some text i have found:

Looking for response?

---

From: "Bhattacharjee, Arindam (Arindam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 10:34:17 -0600

I think your question is probably related to MGCP not Megaco.

Some one with MGCP expertise may be able to help you.

-Arindam

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Sumant Gupta
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 11:06 AM
To: Tom Taylor
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Megaco] MGCP-Query regarding Connection id and call id?

Now A presses flash hook

Regards
Sumant