Subject: [Megaco] Book on Megaco/H248

From: Patrick Anglum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 09:47:07 -0700

Can anyone suggest a book on Megaco and/or H.248.

I mainly need to know how to decode wireshark traces and determine where a fault lies.

I am pretty good at SIP and MGCP but Megaco has thrown me for a loop.

And yes, I have the RFCs.
When I was learning SIP, I also had the RFCs.
However, it was books with example call flows etc. that helped the most.
I find the RFC's best are best as a reference when determining if the observed behaviour is correct or not.

Pat

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 21:53:23 +1000

Hello Pat,

I'm not sure if you have the recommendations 
(http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-H/en). These are more up to date than the 
RFCs.

Some of these also contain call flows. Another source are the various 
3GPP and ETSI profiles. i.e. TS 29.232 
(http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/html-info/29232.htm) etc.

I'm not aware of a book that details H.248/Megaco.

Regards, Christian

On 21/06/2013 2:47 AM, Patrick Anglum wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Megaco mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/megaco