Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Volunteering for Mentor Programme

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 16:44:36 +0200

Hi,

I would like to volunteer for the mentor programme in Berlin. Please let 
me know if you have any other questions (or if you would like to receive 
this in another format).

Kind regards,
Mirjam Kuhne
==============

First name: Mirjam

Last name: Kühne

Email address: [email-masked]

Affiliation: RIPE NCC

Country in which you are based: The Netherlands

Gender: female

Is this your first IETF? No

If not, how many IETF meetings have you attended?
I started attending IETF meetings in 1993 (but missed a few in between).

What technical topic(s) brought you to the IETF?
Mostly IP addresses (CIDR, development of IPv6, relation between IETF 
and the RIR system)

IETF area(s) of interest, if known (see 
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/area.html for more info):  INT , OPS & Mgmt

IETF working groups of interest, if known: (see http://www.ietf.org/wg/ 
for more info): I am mostly interested in operational topics. Currently 
I am not directly active in any of the existing WGs, but I like to keep 
an overview of the developments (e.g. v6ops, dnsop).

What other SDOs and/or technical activities do you engage in?
I am active in various regional and local operators communities (RIPE, 
NANOG, DENOG etc.). I am also running a technical community blog: 
https://labs.ripe.net

What are your preferred conversational language(s), if not English? 
English, German, Dutch

Would you like to be paired with a mentor who speaks your preferred 
language(s), if possible? [Yes/No/Indifferent] Indifferent

Do you have a preference as to your mentor's gender? [M/F/Either] Either 
(even though it might make it easier for female newcomer to be paired 
with another female)

Do you plan to attend the newcomers' meet-and-greet on Sunday at 16:00? Yes

Do you plan to attend the welcome reception on Sunday at 17:00? Yes

Any other info you'd like to share:  I am the co-chair of the IETF Edu 
Team. I was instrumental in setting up the ISOC/IETF Fellowship 
Programme. I also created and ran the IETF Journal for many years.