Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Request a Mentor

From: David Hayes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:12:00 +0200 (CEST)

Full name: David (Andrew) Hayes

    Email address: [email-masked] or [email-masked]

    Affiliation: University of Oslo   

    Country in which you are based: Norway

    Gender: Male

    Are you attending the IETF 87 meeting in Berlin, Germany in
    person? Yes

    Will the IETF 87 meeting be the first IETF meeting that you
    attend in person? Yes

    What technical topic(s) brought you to the IETF? Internet latency,
    TCP performance evaluation, congestion control, active queue management.

    IETF area(s) of interest, if known : tsv, sec, rtg

    IETF working groups of interest, if known: iccrg, rmcat, conex,
    tsvwg, tcpm, mptcp

    What other SDOs and/or technical activities do you engage in?

    Mainly academic papers (IEEE, ACM), but I have worked on and implemented
    TCP congestion control algorithms and an SCTP NAT which are now in FreeBSD.

    Do you have a preference as to your mentor's gender? Either

    Do you plan to attend the newcomers' meet-and-greet on Sunday at
    16:00? Yes

    Do you plan to attend the welcome reception on Sunday at 17:00? Yes

    Any other info you'd like to share:

    I am scheduled for a small presentation in the iccrg.

    Michael Welzl and David Ros will make sure I am not left in the
    lurch if you run out of mentors.

Thanks and regards,

David

-------------------------
David Hayes
[email-masked]
Department of Informatics
University of Oslo