Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] next steps

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 09:49:23 +0200

So we got a bunch of volunteers and mentees (as if thats a word). What are
the next step? How do we go about matching them up?

        Cheers Leif

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 06:53:09 -0400

> the next step? How do we go about matching them up?

The first thing is to make sure that all mentors and participants are 
listed on our wiki.  After that, I would suggest that the coordinators 
start looking at matching mentors with participants that fall in their 
area of expertise/experience.  If there are questions or discussions 
that are needed to make the matches, we can have those on this mailing list.

Regards,
Brian

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 11:28:42 +0000

Hi,

On Jul 3, 2013, at 12:53, Brian Haberman <[email-masked]> wrote:
> After that, I would suggest that the coordinators start looking at matching mentors with participants that fall in their area of expertise/experience. 

I can look at TSV and IRTF mentors and proteges. Anyone else on the team want to be involved in matching them up? Drop me a note.

Lars

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 13:11:45 -0400

> that are needed to make the matches, we can have those on this mailing

I believe I have entered everyone who has sent an e-mail to this list 
either volunteering to mentor or requesting a mentor to our wiki:

https://www.ietf.org/mentorwiki

The wiki page listing mentor participants contains a column called 
"Mentor".  What I would ask is that the coordinators fill this column in 
when they have decided on a mentor for that participant.  If a potential 
mentor is already listed in this column, I would suggest contacting them 
to see if they can handle more than one person at a time (we currently 
have more mentors than participants).

Once you have made your match, please draft an introductory e-mail to 
let both the participant and the mentor know who they should be working 
with.

Please let me or Alissa know if you have issues/questions/suggestions as 
we work through the matching process.

Regards,
Brian