Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Assignments?

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 18:28:06 -0400

Hi.

I signed up before Berlin and, in spite of not getting to that
meeting, inferred that I did not need to sign up again.  I did
respond to the questions sent out at the end of August but have
heard nothing since (and didn't intentionally drop myself from
the ietf-mentors distribution list).

Was the assumption that I didn't need to sign up again incorrect
or did you have fewer "newcomer" applicants than
mentor-volunteers and therefore decided to not use me?

I have noticed that I haven't heard from anyone so assume that
you don't have any use for me at this meeting.   If that is not
correct, let me know -- I should be around the meeting venue
mid-afternoon Sunday.

best,
   john

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 23:18:38 -0400

Hi John,

> the ietf-mentors distribution list).

You are still on the list.

> mentor-volunteers and therefore decided to not use me?

Your assumption was correct.  We had fewer people sign up this time
around and none of them expressed an interest in your areas of expertise.

> correct, let me know -- I should be around the meeting venue

We will keep you in mind if something pops up.  Thanks for volunteering!

Regards,
Brian

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 23:51:36 -0400

Ok, thanks.

Given that, I presume I should skip the meet-and-greet.  True?

best,
   john

--On Saturday, November 02, 2013 23:18 -0400 Brian Haberman
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>> respond to the questions sent out at the end of August but
>> have heard nothing since (and didn't intentionally drop
>> myself from the ietf-mentors distribution list).
> 
>> Was the assumption that I didn't need to sign up again
>> incorrect or did you have fewer "newcomer" applicants than
> Your assumption was correct.  We had fewer people sign up this
> time around and none of them expressed an interest in your
> areas of expertise.
> 
>> 
>> you don't have any use for me at this meeting.   If that is
>> not correct, let me know -- I should be around the meeting
>> venue mid-afternoon Sunday.
>> 
>

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:40:49 -0500

True.