Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Mentoring Program - 91st IETF

From: Joana Varon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 07:12:13 -0200

Hi,

Please, find below my information to express my interest in being
mentored by an experience member of IETF community:

  * Full name:Joana Varon Ferraz

  * Email address: [email-masked]

  * Affiliation: independent researcher and consultant on internet rights

  * Country in which you are based: Brazil

  * Gender: Female

  * Are you attending the upcoming IETF meeting in person (note that the
mentoring program is only open to in-person attendees at this time)?
Will this meeting be the first IETF meeting that you attend in person?

        Yes, attending in person for the first time.

  * If not, how many IETF meetings have you attended?

        None.

  * What technical topic(s) brought you to the IETF?

        Security

  * IETF area(s) of interest, if known (see
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/area.html <https://www.ietf.org/iesg/area.html>
for more info):

       Mostly Security Area (sec)and Applications Area (app).  But also
some interest on  Internet Area (int) and Routing Area (rtg) in      
regard its concerns to security and freedom of expression.

  * IETF working groups of interest, if known: (see
http://www.ietf.org/wg/ <https://www.ietf.org/wg/> for more info):

        Web Security (websec), Web Authorization Protocol, Transport
Layer Security, Mobile Ad-hoc Networks, Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks,Secure Inter-Domain Routing

  * What other SDOs and/or technical activities do you engage in?

    In partnership with other colleagues, I've just submitted a ID on a
Proposal for research on human rights protocol considerations:    
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-doria-hrpc-proposal/

  * What are your preferred conversational language(s), if not English?

    English is ok (Brazilian Portuguese is the first language)

  * Would you like to be paired with a mentor who speaks your preferred
language(s), if possible? [Yes/No/Indifferent]

    Member in English is good.

  * Do you have a preference as to your mentor's gender? [M/F/Either]

    Either

  * Do you plan to attend the newcomers' meet-and-greet on Sunday at 16:00?

    Yes.

  * Do you plan to attend the welcome reception on Sunday at 17:00?

    Yes

  * Any other info you'd like to share:

Thanks you so much

joana

- -- 
Joana Varon
@joana_varon
PGP 0x016B8E73