Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Education and Mentoring directorate - proposed project descriptions

From: Karen O'Donoghue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 15:45:19 +0000

Folks,

Here is the high level description of the existing projects. Please provide a quick review. This will be sent with the announcement to help us recruit additional resources. 

Thanks,
Karen

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 16:07:10 +0000 (UTC)

Karen,
Looks great!   
Some comments:
1.  The "TBC" next to Karen should probably be "TBD".  (Section 2, end of paragraph)
2.  Isn't the name of the Directorate:  Education, Mentoring and Outreach?
3.  So, along those lines, I wonder if the outreach activities are getting short shrift.    Should we define those a bit so that we get participants?
Very exciting, Karen!   Looking forward to lots of new blood.
 Thanks,
Nalini ElkinsInside Products, Inc.www.insidethestack.com(831) 659-8360

      From: Karen O'Donoghue <[email-masked]>
 To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>; "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> 
 Sent: Friday, October 28, 2016 8:45 AM
 Subject: [Mentoring-coordinators] Education and Mentoring directorate - proposed project descriptions
   
Folks,

Thanks,
Karen

_______________________________________________
mentoring-coordinators mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mentoring-coordinators

---

From: Vinayak Hegde <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 01:43:47 +0530

Hi Karen,

The document overall looks quite detailed. Few comments follow.

1. I think it might be better to break out Regional mentoring and flesh it
out separately with leads for each regions.

2. Also there is some overlap between online learning and webinars. Often
webinars can be recorded, archived and added to the online library. ACM
does a fairly good job at this. (See http://learning.acm.org/). Over a
period of time we will build a good library. If we do this long enough,
this will be great spoken history of protocols. We should fold Webinars and
online learning into the same bucket.

3. Also some support for remote hubs would be nice. It could be a simple
webpage with a guide on how a remote hub can be setup (and if required at a
later time some tools). There are a couple of drafts already for this. We
can HTMLify them after edits and post them. Also a central place where
people can signup / find out remote hubs would be great. This should be
over time the first hit for "Remote hubs for IETF" google search.

Thanks
Vinayak